Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options

Replies

• cfigenbaum2014
    Options
    I am 5'1" weighing in at my highest of 206. My goal is to lose 60lbs. I hate being over weight this time of yr. I sweat all the time. I feel so gross. I recently got myself a treadmill to start my slow journey. Slow and steady wins the race right?
  • kahmiel
    kahmiel Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm barely scraping 5 ft! :-) I am around 165 and would like eventually to be back around 105, but one step at a time! my first goal is 135 :-)
  • mplatt37
    mplatt37 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love this! haha This is me all the way! 5'2 and a long way to go, but I'll get there! I gained about 40 lbs in the past few years...Needless to say, if anyone wants to add me I would love to encourage you, and have you inspire me as well :)
    Have a lovely day, everyone!
  • nezbit88
    nezbit88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 158cm (5'1) , 51 kg (111 lbs) down from 55kg (121lbs two weeks ago) aiming for 44.5kg (98 lbs)
  • MaureenS04
    MaureenS04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im 5ft 3 and weigh 182lbs, yuk...my goal is 140lbs, I really want and need to do this, I also have PCOS which is another reason I really need to lose weight, good luck everyone x
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Just shy of 5"3 here, and looking to get down to about 115. However my goal is negotiable as long as I'm healthy and happy with how I look. =] Sent you a request and anyone else is more than welcome to add me

Ditto! I'm 5'3" and at ~130 pounds. Started at 135, trying to get down to about 115 :)
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I'm 5'3 so just meet the criteria! I used to weigh around 154lbs. Down to 122-124lbs at the moment. Would like to lose another 3-5lbs.
  • mmgomez28
    mmgomez28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'1 and need to lose a lot of weight. I used to be very active on MFP, but lost my motivation and gained all the weight I had lost and then some. Feel free to add me!
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2 with a weight of 155 at the moment. My short-term goal is to do 10lb loss at a time. I'm in the Lose 30lbs group. Ultimately, I think a weight of 125-130 would be a good weight for me for my height without being too extreme. Since every calorie counts, especially for my height, I think going too low sets me up for failure. My weight has been up and down. When I was less than 108lbs, it was because I was going through a divorce and my life was in shambles. I hardly ate, and my personal hygiene was not getting taken care of. If I can get to 125-130, I think I will be able to maintain that weight with a happy lifestyle.
  • flyygirl802
    flyygirl802 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    4' 11.5" and currently 189 - wanting to get super healthy and fit and hopefully losing about 60lbs along the way.
  • dmack911
    dmack911 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am about 5'2. Within the past year or so I have gained 20lbs. It seems every so often I gain a little more and a little more. I use to go to the gym religiously and I weighed in at 125. This was back in 2007-2008. Since then I have been gaining. Now I weigh 140. It is a disgrace. I kind of gave up. I stopped caring. Now, I need to get back on track and start exercising and snap out of it!!!!!
  • dominiquethmpsn
    dominiquethmpsn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet myself and I'd like to lose about 30 lbs. Does MFP have ya'll eating 1200 calories a day also?
  • clewpage
    clewpage Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Been on MFP for a few years, just joined the boards.
    5'2"-ish, currently hovering between 141 and 144, between a size 6 and 8.
    Highest was 173 in 2004, lowest was 135 in 2005, and again in 2010.
    Got up to almost 150 last year (happy in love weight, lol), lost 10 in preparation for my wedding, now I'm trying to maintain that loss while I TTC.
    Just thought I'd say HI.
  • ryry1322
    ryry1322 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    4' 9.5" cw 180 gw 135
  • scoalier
    scoalier Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, 5ft 2 1/2 here (that half inch is very important!) and currently 142lbs. Medium term goal is to lose around a stone and a half, but I'm really looking forward to turning the slightly flabby body into one that's toned and strong and something to be proud of.

And yep - the plan has me on 1200 too Dominiquethemp, I figure I'm going to stick to that for a couple of weeks while monitoring what I eat in comparison to it, then looking closer at the other methods that others suggested here.
  • NoMorePerfect
    NoMorePerfect Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and about 141. My goal weight is 120, though I am happy with a little more or a little less than that, as well as I am healthy and fit. I do need to figure out what the best way to calculate body fat percentage is. Does anyone know of a site where I can do that? I suppose Google will help. ;-)

Friend me, I need friends!
  • annieest21
    annieest21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's so annoying being short as every pound is so noticable!
  • babykates7
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 1/2 haha and I have been with MFP for some time now. Trying to tone right now. Great group!
  • ashleyyxx18
    ashleyyxx18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am 5"2' and i currently weigh 195! Terrible for my height. My long term goal would be about 120-130, but for now I would be happy to get down to about 160.. because I cant remember a time when I was ever below 175. Good luck with your goals. I sent you a friend request, maybe we could help motivate one another.
  • LeafyEdge
    LeafyEdge Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9 and currently just under 130 for the first time since high school. My heaviest was 160, quite a lot for my height, though when most people hear it they say, "Oh that's not so bad!" Wrong! I'd love to get to around 115. I don't think I could get much lower than that, but I can always reevaluate when I get there! I'm sure you girls know that 15 pounds on us is a lot different than 15 on most people!