Tired of being skinny, I want to be fit!

Options
13»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP I would say the following..

eat in a 15% calorie deficit
    set your macro % to 40 protein/30 fats/30 carbs
    pick up a copy of starting strength, new rules of lifting for woman, or some other program..
    lift heavy using compound movements = deadlifts, squats, overhead press, rows, pull ups/chin ups, bench press...

repeat until you get desired results....
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

I'll look into this, ta! I can't actually do a proper pushup, just the knee bent ones, the shame... I don't like the gym cause I have no idea what I'm doing so I imagine an induction would be a good starting point!

try doing them on a desk or the stairs- with straight legs- it's more translatable to straight push ups- as you can move down ward- knee push ups don't offer much progress to moving upwards to full un-modified push ups.

True. I did modified knee pushups for almost a year with no progression. I began doing them with straight legs off a countertop and gradually lowered the incline until i could do a proper one from the floor and it only took me a couple months to get there.
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have gained muscle and definition in my tummy from changing my diet to 40c/30c/30f and incorporating bodyweight exercises into my training routine - as well as some exercises with 4/5kg dumbbells (Focus T25 Gamma, it's a Beachbody program). I would love to "lift heavy" and do a program like NROLFW, I really would, but I have no room at home for equipment and no access to a gym. I felt really disheartened until some friendly people on here said bodyweight exercises would work too :smile: I can do push ups, tricep push ups, one leg push ups....and I feel very proud of myself every time the number I can do goes up :smile:

If you do have somewhere to do a lifting program though, I would go for it - you can't deny the incredible results women on here have seen!