1 Week Wii Fit Challenge

Options
Normally my daily exercise consists of some light yoga and a walk (and if I'm feeling saucy then I get out the resistance bands and do some strength training). Starting out at nearly 400 lbs this was about all I could really do without putting too much stress on my joints and potentially damaging my knees. But now that I've dropped 55 lbs I feel like I am to the point where my body can handle more and I want to step it up. Enter the Wii Fit Challenge! :D This is a personal challenge but I'd like to invite those of you who have the Wii Fit to join me. :)

For the next 7 days, I'm going to aim to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise on Wii Fit every day. I started today, but you guys can start tomorrow, Monday, or any day you like. :) Come in here and log your time and what exercise(s) you did. I will do this on my own if I have to but I think it will really help keep me motivated if there are others doing this challenge with me. :) The ultimate goal of this week is the hope that after the week is over I will want to continue to use my Wii Fit more often. I can't afford a gym membership so the Wii is the closest thing I have to it for now and I want to start using it more often and I'm hoping this week is just what I need to kick off some good and lasting habits! :D

wii-fit.jpg

Who's in? Also feel free to log your starting weight if you like and then log your weight at the end of the week to see what progress you've made. :D

Replies

• StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Starting weight on 10/02/10: 329.6 lbs
    Today's Wii Fit time: 45 minutes (Free Run, Free Step, Yoga, Strength Training)
    Calories Burned: 337
  • Nikki2Fit
    Nikki2Fit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Stacy,you know I'm in. I'll try to jump on tonight but if not definitely tomorrow. We'll have a blast with this.
  • health4me
    health4me Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will join you Stacy and I am going to go get on it now to take care of the 118 calories I went over by today.
    Just did 30 minutes of various activities that were 3.0 to 3.5 mets each. burned 147 calories. woohoo
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I'll weigh tomorrow morning and start tomorrow. :)
    Too much homework to do today.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Stacy - this is off topic. But besides being super cute, do those little logos in your sig mean anything?
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Stacy - this is off topic. But besides being super cute, do those little logos in your sig mean anything?

The little pumpkin is for the H20 challenge (a group of us on here are shooting for 20 lbs lost by Halloween - we started it a little over a month ago). The others are just a reminder to me to exercise daily, move my body as much as possible, and keep an accurate and honest food log. :)
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Yay! I'm do glad you guys are joining me! :D Lets get our Wii on! (Corny? Oh yes. lol) Lets do this!
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. Am I too late? Cos we have moved house I haven't got the wii set up yet but I'm goingvto dig it out of it's box and get started today. I'll weigh in tmrw and post then x
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    I bought a wii in january and it is still in the box. Today I will take it out of the box and join your challenge. I dont say I will do 30 minutes a day but I will see how much I can manage without giving myself an injury
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    OK! So I'm going to start the Wii Fit challenge today.
    I'm weighing in at 198.2
  • TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    After seeing someone on my friend list unable to do this I figured I'd give it a go. I owe the Wii everything, when I was 342.9lbs last Christmas I couldn't have dreamed of having any fitness, but it got me started and wouldn't have lost what I have without it. It also helps as I won't be able to gym too much this week thanks to other things going on.

I'll start in a bit, not able to get hold of the tv whilst X-Factor's on!

Starting weight: 242.7lbs
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Day one down! I didn't get QUITE a half hour in because I have a lot to do (homework, grocery shopping, etc etc etc). But I did do 28 minutes, burning a measly 126 calories.

Better than nothing. I did Rhythm Kung Fu and Advanced Step.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    I'd like to join. Am I too late? Cos we have moved house I haven't got the wii set up yet but I'm goingvto dig it out of it's box and get started today. I'll weigh in tmrw and post then x

You're definitely not too late! Welcome aboard! :D
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    I bought a wii in january and it is still in the box. Today I will take it out of the box and join your challenge. I dont say I will do 30 minutes a day but I will see how much I can manage without giving myself an injury

A lot of the yoga is very low impact and takes time to do, so even if you can't do something intensive or very physical there is always the yoga and strength training you can do for 30 minutes. Either way, just do what you can, sweetie! Any and all physical activity definitely adds up! :D
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Welcome to the new challenge members! It's great to have you here. Your being here is definitely going to help keep me motivated! heheh I know, I'm selfish like that. :P Hey, I need all the help I can get. lol

inskydiamonds, great first day! I love the Rhythm Kung Fu and that Advanced Step can be a real booty kicker! Good job!
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Doeny body else do the routines on the wii fit plus that they do for you that are 80mins???? I can recommmend you try it out it works all your body and I love it!
  • TMLS
    Options
    Right, done.

34 Minutes (Advanced Boxing, running (basic/advanced), Advanced Step, Advanced Rhythm Parade, Deep Breathing, Tree, Advanced Kung Fu)

226 calories.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Right, done.

34 Minutes (Advanced Boxing, running (basic/advanced), Advanced Step, Advanced Rhythm Parade, Deep Breathing, Tree, Advanced Kung Fu)

226 calories.

Excellent! Nice job, TMLS! *hugs*
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Doeny body else do the routines on the wii fit plus that they do for you that are 80mins???? I can recommmend you try it out it works all your body and I love it!

I'm afraid I would probably drop dead if I tried 80 minutes. lol I think 30 minutes is a great start, pushing yourself too hard when first starting out is a fast way to burn out. But to the Wii Fit veterans it might be a good way to go, or for those who have been working out on the Wii Fit for a while or if their fitness levels are higher and can handle an 80 minute workout. :) Personally I think if *I* tried to do 80 minutes it would be a recipe for disaster - or a quick trip to the hospital. lol
  • TMLS
    Options
    Right, done.

226 calories.

Excellent! Nice job, TMLS! *hugs*

Thanks! But it's brought home that I suck at it now, my scores are nowhere near what they were when I was doing it daily! A nice challenge for the week, anyway, to try to get back what I used to be be able to do. It's like having back an old friend...