Focus T25 - Summer Slim Down!

Options

Replies

• infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I just started this today and I love it! The only thing is, I don't know how many calories I'm burning per workout.

Also, I've noticed I need weights for Beta?

Are you following the calorie plan? I end up just entering it as 250 calories and keep my base at 1350, so it makes 1600 together which is what T25 recommended for my body weight. If you really want an accurate calorie burn, get a heart rate monitor and enter it that way.

You'll need weights or resistance bands for Beta, yes.
  • hockeychick8766
    hockeychick8766 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just started this today and I love it! The only thing is, I don't know how many calories I'm burning per workout.

Are you following the calorie plan? I end up just entering it as 250 calories and keep my base at 1350, so it makes 1600 together which is what T25 recommended for my body weight. If you really want an accurate calorie burn, get a heart rate monitor and enter it that way.

I generally eat between 1300-1800, or try to atleast.
  • infinikitty
    Options

Do not go below 1300 or you probably won't see the changes you want. Since you're doing such active workouts, you'll need that food to fuel your body. Keeping it varied between those calorie levels will keep your body from plateauing for sure. I do 1600 a majority of the time, but if I end up running or doing other activities beyond my daily workout, I make sure to eat a little more.
  • hockeychick8766
    Options

Do not go below 1300 or you probably won't see the changes you want. Since you're doing such active workouts, you'll need that food to fuel your body. Keeping it varied between those calorie levels will keep your body from plateauing for sure. I do 1600 a majority of the time, but if I end up running or doing other activities beyond my daily workout, I make sure to eat a little more.

The diet/nutrition part has always been the hardest for me. I kick butt at the workouts, but then I ruin it either eating too much, or too little.
  • infinikitty
    Options

The diet/nutrition part has always been the hardest for me. I kick butt at the workouts, but then I ruin it either eating too much, or too little.

Yeah, exercise is really about 20% of the chore...diet is the other 80%. Just try to stay balanced and watch your portions. That's what used to get me...
  • sbicica
    sbicica Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 2 day 1 - Cardio... I think it's one of my favorite workouts. NOT looking forward to Total Body Circuit tomorrow, but kind of glad to get it over with so early in the week! :)
  • sjs227
    sjs227 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I noticed that core speed is an extra workout that is not included. Is it worth getting? If so, where does it go in the Beta schedule?
  • amybluehat
    amybluehat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am borrowing the alpha week from a friend to try it out next week. I've done 21 day fix and p90X...anything I need to know that's different?
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I am borrowing the alpha week from a friend to try it out next week. I've done 21 day fix and p90X...anything I need to know that's different?

I have never done P90X, but compared to 21 Day Fix it's a lot more lower body for Alpha. Expect your legs to be very sore to start. Do the stretch video on Sunday for sure! You don't need weights/bands until Beta.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I noticed that core speed is an extra workout that is not included. Is it worth getting? If so, where does it go in the Beta schedule?

Core Speed can be used as a replacement for Speed 2.0 since it's pretty intense. But I wouldn't give up my Speed 2.0 for anything haha. You could put it in as a double for another day, or maybe put it on Saturday or Sunday instead of rest. Looks like it's cheapest directly from Beachbody at $19.95.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Gonna start Gamma on Monday, June 23rd. Anyone gonna be ready to begin by then? And when I'm done with that, it's on to INSANITY since I think I'll be able to handle it by then ^_^ With T25 Alpha/Beta altogether I lost 19.1 pounds and 16.5 inches. :-)
  • amybluehat
    amybluehat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Good to hear from someone that's been there!
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Gonna start Gamma on Monday, June 23rd. Anyone gonna be ready to begin by then? And when I'm done with that, it's on to INSANITY since I think I'll be able to handle it by then ^_^ With T25 Alpha/Beta altogether I lost 19.1 pounds and 16.5 inches. :-)

I've decided I am ready to go on to Insanity as well. I'm on my final week of Gamma and I have been mixing in a second video to get used to the 50 min sessions. I think my transition to Insanity will be tough but I'm going to give it a go.
  • Monkey_Girl93
    Options
    Hi I've started a t25 group starting next Monday for anyone interested here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22002-t25-summer-challenge-starting-06-16-2014

Should be good fun and motivation from friends is always good!
  • sjs227
    sjs227 Posts: 428 Member
    Options

Core Speed can be used as a replacement for Speed 2.0 since it's pretty intense. But I wouldn't give up my Speed 2.0 for anything haha. You could put it in as a double for another day, or maybe put it on Saturday or Sunday instead of rest. Looks like it's cheapest directly from Beachbody at $19.95.

I'll have to look for it. maybe there's something on youtube so I can see what is actually involved. I'm going to end up being short on days this week since we're going on vacation this weekend. I'm planning on starting week 1 over on Monday. Rip'T Circuit last night was tough. I think it's because I'm over tired. I'm not going to just cross this week off and not do anything, but I do need time to pack, homework, etc and try to get to bed at a reasonable time too. Driving would be too dangerous if I don't get some sleep!
  • hockeychick8766
    Options
    I think I'm going to take the rest of the week off. I'm too congested. I'm going to restart week 1 on Monday.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I think I'm going to take the rest of the week off. I'm too congested. I'm going to restart week 1 on Monday.

Do what works for you and listen to your body's needs...but cardio is a natural decongestant FYI ^_^
  • hockeychick8766
    Options

Do what works for you and listen to your body's needs...but cardio is a natural decongestant FYI ^_^

I think it may be bronchitis. I've been coughing up all sorts of fun things, lol.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    So it's been a week since anyone checked in! How's everyone doing?!
  • ldocampo
    ldocampo Posts: 34
    Options
    So on Week 1 Day four today, Ab Interval. I gotta say, Tanya is a godsent. I thought I was at least slightly in shape but apparently not. I didn't even think I was pushing myself that hard to be honest and I'm still so sore I can barely move! My abs are killing me and I still have to do the ab workout tonight! I've also been taking photos of myself every day so I'll be super proud when I notice a difference.