Week 7, "H20" Lose 20 Pounds by Halloween Challenge.

AprilVal
AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Yay! Here we are at Week 7.. We all should be proud of everything we have accomplished this far.. With & Without all the struggles. We have manged to lose over 300 Pounds in 5 weeks, and that is an accomplishment right there.. :) Keep up all the hard work you do, remember in the end it will be worth it. But at the same time.. Remember the Journey will NEVER be over..

Welcome to all the newbies. I love how far this group has come over the past SEVEN weeks! Its become a huge success.. I <3 it! To anyone who is joining us. You are MORE than welcomed to join. We are currently doing a challenge, to lose 20 pounds by Halloween. As I know that wont happen to those who are just getting started. But you can see what you got in you. The Challenges WILL continue afterwards. So feel free to join in at ANY time!! WELCOME!! We are such a GREAT group of supportive Gals and Guys!

Quote of the week:
"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." ~Edward Stanley

I think the quote of the week was a good idea.. I see a bunch of us are having a hard time keeping on task.. so, I figured it would be a good Idea to give us something to think about. Remember.. We MUST work on ourselves, so that we don't end up sick.. We ARE worth all this hard work EVERYONE of us are doing. Don't give up. When it gets tough remember we are all here for you. Thats what this group is for,,

So, I have been trying to think of ONE thing to TRY to give up through the Month of October.. I am going to try to cut out late night snacking.. I still find myself, making trips to the kitchen at night time. Im going to find something that will keep me from doing that.. I will END this late night snacking.. You may or may not choose to join the cut something out for the month of October..

If anyone has any ideas to help us improve this group please let us know. :) I want to thank everyone who continues to support everyone, and help this group strive.. :) I <3 it!! We can do this.. We GOT this!!

Heres to week 7!!! :drinker:

Replies

• AprilVal
    A reminder to everyone who may or may not be an active member of the H20 website..

www.teamh20.webs.com Remember we are here for support.. Lets make the website as much of a success as this group is..

Along with the Facebook Group..
    H20

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=144117988960394&ref=ts

And for those who having Joined my Friend Chandra's Motivation group on Facebook here is the site..

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Its a very nice group.. :)
  • katkat987
    katkat987 Posts: 100 Member
    I know im a few days late, but I'm going to give up using the lift in my flat at least 1 time a day and take the stairs
  • AprilVal
    I know im a few days late, but I'm going to give up using the lift in my flat at least 1 time a day and take the stairs

Sounds like it could be a good thing.. :)
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Hey, girly! The H20 Challenge is already quite successful! Wow, collectively we have lost over 300 lbs!? That's Amazing! Rock on with our bad selves! heheh :D

Oh I have a question - do we log our weight today or wait until the end of week seven? I can never get it right. lol I need to start spending more time in the forums. :)

By the way, that Edward Stanley quote is spot on, April! I think that's just what we needed to hear! Great pick, hun!

Oh my, with only 28 days left and still 8.6 lbs to lose I better step it up! heheh :D
  • AprilVal
    Hey, girly! The H20 Challenge is already quite successful! Wow, collectively we have lost over 300 lbs!? That's Amazing! Rock on with our bad selves! heheh :D

Oh I have a question - do we log our weight today or wait until the end of week seven? I can never get it right. lol I need to start spending more time in the forums. :)

By the way, that Edward Stanley quote is spot on, April! I think that's just what we needed to hear! Great pick, hun!

Oh my, with only 28 days left and still 8.6 lbs to lose I better step it up! heheh :D

Stacy it depends on when your weigh in is.. Mines on Saturday.. So I wont weigh in until next Saturday.. So if yours before sunday you wait until next week.. If its after Sunday.. post it when you weigh in.. :) Does that sum it up?

Thanks.. I thought the quote was a good choice..
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    300lbs!! Rock the **** on!! :laugh: Great job everyone!! Let's keep that number climbing!! I took a sneak peek on the scale a few mintues ago :blushing: shame shame since it's the weekend (they often get me with sodium) AND it's mid day, but it said 203, and my last weigh in was 204.6, so I'm hoping that is a good sign for this coming Friday!

I too love the quote, and I have been not exactly slacking, just busy with other things and I've not been feeling the 30 day shred lately, but that doesn't mean I can't get exercise in elsewhere. Thanks again April for keeping this going!! :flowerforyou:

Ok, enough babbling, time to get dinner started, although I have no clue what to eat tonight...:ohwell:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    Week 7 is going to be a good one!
  • AprilVal
    300lbs!! Rock the **** on!! :laugh: Great job everyone!! Let's keep that number climbing!! I took a sneak peek on the scale a few mintues ago :blushing: shame shame since it's the weekend (they often get me with sodium) AND it's mid day, but it said 203, and my last weigh in was 204.6, so I'm hoping that is a good sign for this coming Friday!

I too love the quote, and I have been not exactly slacking, just busy with other things and I've not been feeling the 30 day shred lately, but that doesn't mean I can't get exercise in elsewhere. Thanks again April for keeping this going!! :flowerforyou:

Ok, enough babbling, time to get dinner started, although I have no clue what to eat tonight...:ohwell:

Bru.. I hope that means its in the right direction for you as well..

Im not saying everyones been slacking, I know that we just have a few that have been struggling a little.. which is expected.. :) And Youre wlecome for keeping this going. It also takes all the hard work from everyone else to help keep it going. :) Its amazing and I <3 it!! Its soo much fun.. And I love getting to know everyone.

Let us know what you eat!! :) hehe!!
  • AprilVal
    Week 7 is going to be a good one!

Yes it WILL pam!! :)
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    300lbs so far! Wow! That is impressive. We are all rocking at this challenge!

Not quite sure I am going to meet the challenge but to even be close is going to be so sweet! I would have 7lbs more to go in just 4 weeks. That's cutting it close. But, I am going to give it my all!
  • AprilVal
    300lbs so far! Wow! That is impressive. We are all rocking at this challenge!

Not quite sure I am going to meet the challenge but to even be close is going to be so sweet! I would have 7lbs more to go in just 4 weeks. That's cutting it close. But, I am going to give it my all!

ive got a while to go myself hun.. I gained most of what I lost when I was sick.. Im trying to get back on track.. :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Happy week 7!! :bigsmile:
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Still havent made up for 2 weeks ago. Had a bad week took some time off work to spend time in the gym.

SW:291
    CW:283
  • AprilVal
    Still havent made up for 2 weeks ago. Had a bad week took some time off work to spend time in the gym.

SW:291
    CW:283

Its ok.. I know Ive been struggling myself.. Keep up the good work..
  • pink_and_shiny
    Keep on fighting, Fighter.

Welcome to all of the new members! I'm amazed at how much our group keeps growing. And the progress that's being made...WOW! We have a handful of members who are really close to the 20 lb. goal already! AMAZING!!

iluvwdw - I'll start making the shed a little more livable. ;) Is the free dining promotion happening again? I saw a commercial where it's something like up to 25% off your vacation...*shrug* If you're interested I can give you the info to the Disney message board I'm addicted to...we have a travel agency affiliated with us and the website is always doing trips (WDW, local SoCal attractions, and DCL cruises) that are specially priced for our group. Just something to think about. OH! And we got the results for the D23 scavenger hunt. My team got 23rd place! TWENTYTHIRD PLACE!! Out of 498 teams. :love:

I'm hesitant about weigh-in this week because yesterday was a baaaaaad day. It was Gay Days at Disneyland and my group of friends always goes and wears the signature color (red) to support the cause. So, there was greasy restaurant food and bar hopping all over the place. I logged the food (as best I could) because I wanted to be honest with myself. It's a good reminder why not to eat like that when you see the calories total up and that "you'd weigh X in five weeks" calculates.

Speaking of that "you'd weigh..." thing, do y'all find it to be accurate? Since I've been here for over 5 weeks I went back to my first entry and hit calculate, and it told me "If every day were like this you'd weigh 185something". It's been more than 5 weeks and I am not below 185. Just wanted to see what everyone else though of this feature. (I'm not hating on it, I still find it totally nifty, just want to hear what others have experienced.)
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member

Welcome to all of the new members! I'm amazed at how much our group keeps growing. And the progress that's being made...WOW! We have a handful of members who are really close to the 20 lb. goal already! AMAZING!!

iluvwdw - I'll start making the shed a little more livable. ;) Is the free dining promotion happening again? I saw a commercial where it's something like up to 25% off your vacation...*shrug* If you're interested I can give you the info to the Disney message board I'm addicted to...we have a travel agency affiliated with us and the website is always doing trips (WDW, local SoCal attractions, and DCL cruises) that are specially priced for our group. Just something to think about. OH! And we got the results for the D23 scavenger hunt. My team got 23rd place! TWENTYTHIRD PLACE!! Out of 498 teams. :love:

I'm hesitant about weigh-in this week because yesterday was a baaaaaad day. It was Gay Days at Disneyland and my group of friends always goes and wears the signature color (red) to support the cause. So, there was greasy restaurant food and bar hopping all over the place. I logged the food (as best I could) because I wanted to be honest with myself. It's a good reminder why not to eat like that when you see the calories total up and that "you'd weigh X in five weeks" calculates.

Speaking of that "you'd weigh..." thing, do y'all find it to be accurate? Since I've been here for over 5 weeks I went back to my first entry and hit calculate, and it told me "If every day were like this you'd weigh 185something". It's been more than 5 weeks and I am not below 185. Just wanted to see what everyone else though of this feature. (I'm not hating on it, I still find it totally nifty, just want to hear what others have experienced.)

Congrats on the placing, that is really good for so many teams. :drinker:
    If you mean Disboards, I am already on there!! If not, let me know. I don't think I can go this year :brokenheart: as I will have to start paying student loan and dr had me off sick all summer and I am just starting to wrk part time. :frown: I just applied to two more jobs so here's hoping. If I can handle wrking lots then I can save money and go.:drinker: Send me the info for sure can never have enough!!! I get codes all the time and haven't been able to use them. Son wants to WAIT another year if it means we can stay two weeks. :huh: Hmmm. I'd go for 5 days just so I can go sooner. Crazy kid. :ohwell:

The you'd weigh--- in 5 weeks I don't find to be accurate at all. One, because I don't eat the exact same thing all the time, or don't excercise the exact same every time. And I tend to go up, down, down, waaay down, the slowly up and back down again to below my waayay down weight. It is a reall pattern so doesn't worry me, just know that it will take me longer to get there. :frown:

OMG I love disney though, wished I lived in the states so airfair was cheaper, or could just drive there in less than 24 hours. :love: That would be heaven. I would love to move to the us but with all my health problems, not sure how that would work with your health care system. Not sure how myskills would transfer to a job there? Hoping at teh very least when I retire I can be a snowbird. :laugh:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Yeah, the "you'd weigh in five weeks" thing is totally off. lol It's been telling me for 2 weeks now that I'd be 315 in 5 weeks. lol I'm still 14 and 1/2 lbs away from that, so unless I suddenly drop nearly 5 lbs a week for the next 3 weeks that's just not happening. lol I usually lose 2-3 lbs a week.
  • pink_and_shiny

Congrats on the placing, that is really good for so many teams. :drinker:
    If you mean Disboards, I am already on there!! If not, let me know. I don't think I can go this year :brokenheart: as I will have to start paying student loan and dr had me off sick all summer and I am just starting to wrk part time. :frown: I just applied to two more jobs so here's hoping. If I can handle wrking lots then I can save money and go.:drinker: Send me the info for sure can never have enough!!! I get codes all the time and haven't been able to use them. Son wants to WAIT another year if it means we can stay two weeks. :huh: Hmmm. I'd go for 5 days just so I can go sooner. Crazy kid. :ohwell:

The you'd weigh--- in 5 weeks I don't find to be accurate at all. One, because I don't eat the exact same thing all the time, or don't excercise the exact same every time. And I tend to go up, down, down, waaay down, the slowly up and back down again to below my waayay down weight. It is a reall pattern so doesn't worry me, just know that it will take me longer to get there. :frown:

OMG I love disney though, wished I lived in the states so airfair was cheaper, or could just drive there in less than 24 hours. :love: That would be heaven. I would love to move to the us but with all my health problems, not sure how that would work with your health care system. Not sure how myskills would transfer to a job there? Hoping at teh very least when I retire I can be a snowbird. :laugh:

I'm talking micechat.com. I've been there since the site was born in 2005 and it has taken off TREMENDOUSLY. I can get your son's reasoning that you can spend more time there if you wait - but I don't think he understands you need for a Disney fix. I'm glad you're feeling well enough that you're back to work. While you're sending off your resumes and such, just remember that each one you send you're that much closer to getting to your happy place.

OH and I saw you post about your Mickey purse...do you like Dooney and Bourke purses? Did you see the Disney/Dooney and Bourke purses?! DISNEYGASM!! http://www.disneystore.com/dooney-bourke/mn/1000812/

Stacy I think you're amazing for loosing 2-3 pounds a week! Just sayin'. :bigsmile:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Whew! Happy week 7.... I'm not where I'd hoped, but I'm still moving in the right direction, and that's really quite enough! I'm exactly where "you'll weigh X in 5 weeks" placed me five weeks ago.... and I'm trying to keep that as accurate as possible.... had a slightly dicey day with diet coke muffins (which are absolutely the devil, by the way, and are frozen now,) but got in lots of good exercise.

Plus, I've downloaded the 5k101 podcasts, and am looking forward to starting them after yoga today. I'm moving that needle this week! Look out 130s: I'll be there soon!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Whew! Happy week 7.... I'm not where I'd hoped, but I'm still moving in the right direction, and that's really quite enough! I'm exactly where "you'll weigh X in 5 weeks" placed me five weeks ago.... and I'm trying to keep that as accurate as possible.... had a slightly dicey day with diet coke muffins (which are absolutely the devil, by the way, and are frozen now,) but got in lots of good exercise.

Plus, I've downloaded the 5k101 podcasts, and am looking forward to starting them after yoga today. I'm moving that needle this week! Look out 130s: I'll be there soon!

I've had diet soda cupcakes and brownies, but tell me about the muffins please!!
This discussion has been closed.