Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    I , like so many, also have a mostly sedentary job...

I am a Department of the Air Force civilian...specifically an AETC Training Manager. I manage the entire training process for a given set of career fields. I much prefer my previous position where I was the Deputy Director for F-22 Technical Training. All of this is my way of continuing to serve after many many years in uniform of two different branches.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should add that I am a JUVENILE probation officer. I specialize in juveniles with drug abuse issues. Imagine having 20 teenagers. Mother of God.
  • kdillson70
    Options
    I'm a Staff Accountant by day and Zumba Instructor by night! ;-) Definitely helps keep me in shape since I sit all day.
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    Flight medic - USAF

Nice! I was a flight mechanic on C-9s back in the day!! Loved medevac until I became a patient on one.

I have a daughter who is a medic (4N0) at Hurlburt Field.
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    Rodeo Clown by day, super hero by night.

What's your super power?
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm in sales. I spend most of the day at my desk but when I have a conference call or working on a deal I pace around my office or stand up. My job is also terribly boring sometimes and not stressful. I wish it was harder actually to prevent the boredom...

I also get up once an hour to walk to the other end of the office for water, coffee, tea, or walk the stairs in the building.
  • JennaNevada
    JennaNevada Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I work for a manufacturer of high-quality sexual health devices....so I sell sex toys for a living. (I manage their small webstore and handle customer questions.) It's not as salacious as it sounds, and it's fairly sedentary so that is not ideal. But the hours are flexible, so I can usually get out for a workout at lunchtime.

After three years here, I'm also impossible to shock, really.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should add that I am a JUVENILE probation officer. I specialize in juveniles with drug abuse issues. Imagine having 20 teenagers. Mother of God.

If you've done it longer than a year, it must be a calling for you! God bless! :flowerforyou:
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    I work for a manufacturer of high-quality sexual health devices....so I sell sex toys for a living. (I manage their small webstore and handle customer questions.) It's not as salacious as it sounds, and it's fairly sedentary so that is not ideal. But the hours are flexible, so I can usually get out for a workout at lunchtime.

After three years here, I'm also impossible to shock, really.

Ooh la la!
  • k_nicole87
    Options

If you've done it longer than a year, it must be a calling for you! God bless! :flowerforyou:

Not quite a year. I just graduated college in July. It can be terribly frustrating.
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Flight medic - USAF

Nice! I was a flight mechanic on C-9s back in the day!! Loved medevac until I became a patient on one.

That's usually the case. LOL!

Hats off to you and your daughter for your service to our country. Takes a special breed!
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    Flight medic - USAF

Hats off to you and your daughter for your service to our country. Takes a special breed!

OT but I LOVE your ticker!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Healthcare
  • fitfan11
    Options
    Flight medic - USAF

OT but I LOVE your ticker!

Thank you!
  • scuttlez
    scuttlez Posts: 51
    Options
    Server in a hotel. Living the dream.
    Lots of running around. I started working breakfast and wedding parties only! I found myself snacking too much when I worked bar shifts. I have so much more control and movement over the other end.
  • doug_pierce
    doug_pierce Posts: 255
    Options
    I model mortgage securities for a GSE. Very sedentary but my office has a good gym.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Flight medic - USAF

AWESOME - many thanks to you!!
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    I model mortgage securities for a GSE. Very sedentary but my office has a good gym.

JEALOUS! My office has cookies almost every day. I just sit in the corner in the fetal position like :sad:
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Payroll/Billing Support for a Major Nuclear Services Contractor - I basically have a sedentary desk job doing data entry (90% of my job) - the other 10% of it is explaining the payroll system and how to's to 500+ field guys when they need help - imagine explaining a VERY basic payroll self-service system to a bunch of guys who work on, in and around Nuclear Reactor's for a living - it's truly scary how many of them can do that BUT not operate a basic windows based payroll system...go fig.

My hubby though works for a major pet retailer and therefore my workout schedule is based 100% on his work schedule...SUCKS but when your Mommy who works 40+ hours a week w/a hubby in retail you do what you gotta do!
  • fitfan11
    Options
    Flight medic - USAF

AWESOME - many thanks to you!!

Thank you for your support.