Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    AVP of Operations for a Bank...sitting at a desk all damn day
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    DoctorMcCoy10 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Work in the office for a demolition company. Pretty boring but not stressful or the normal "catty" environment. So I guess it doesn't hurt any of my goals. Plus I get free time to sit and creep the forums on MFP. :laugh:
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Financial field = desk job.

ETA - for typo which means I must leave my computer/desk now!
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm an Assistant District Attorney prosecuting mostly felony level drug and gun arrests. I will be trying my first homicide in a few weeks so that's pretty exciting. I am constantly running back and forth from court all day, so I am rarely sitting for long periods of time, but my schedule is so crazy that I often don't have time during the day to sneak in a workout or to eat a decent lunch.

Sounds awesome - if only I knew what I wanted to be back when I had time for school! Good luck on your up coming case!
  • fitnfabulous
    Options
    I'm an energy worker! Reiki Practitioner and Master Teacher. I love what I do!!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm a technical writer for a software company. I write user manuals and online help.
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm a wife, mother of 3 and an Accountant by day :)
  • bhallyktkt
    Options
    Flight medic - USAF

Nice! I was a flight mechanic on C-9s back in the day!! Loved medevac until I became a patient on one.

I have a daughter who is a medic (4N0) at Hurlburt Field.

I work at Eglin
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am a primary school teacher (UK) by day,
    and logistics officer/driving instructor/taxi-driver/chef for 3 kids by night.

Both of which wear me out.
    But are not conducive to gym time.
    Maybe when they leave home? :laugh:
  • TexasOFT76
    TexasOFT76 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    2regwvc.jpg

This sums it up
  • Nkestes
    Nkestes Posts: 1
    Options
    Corporate attorney. Definitely not conducive to a healthy lifestyle, but the company has a good gym and free fitness classes where I spend my lunch hour. I'm also a mom and get a lot of exercise on our small family farm.
  • MOMMYofAISLYNNE
    MOMMYofAISLYNNE Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Graphic Designer/Web Developer ... So if I move from my desk, it's intentional, lol. I recently began trying to get in at least an hour or so on the treadmill during the day. Usually, that means grabbing my laptop and working through the workout--- but, at least I get one of my two workouts in during the afternoon!
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    im a mexican chef, doesnt help when i need to taste the food, especially with all the calories of some of the stuff lol

Nice!!! :drinker:
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I work for one of the nations largest public transit authorities. I work on trains!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    i'm retired. i have been going to the gym a lot and i just met a new guy who's really nice. ;-)
  • brucewenzel
    Options
    I am a chef by profession. It is both condusive and not to being healthy. I am surrounded by lots of things I should not eat and some things I should. It is all about making the choice to eat right. I am lucky to be high enough up the ladder that I can get away with making my own meals with in reason. Lots of turklry burgers and salads with grilled chicken.

The down side is I work a lot so it is hard to make time to exercise.
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Physical Therapist, and mom to 3 kids, 1 dog and 2 cats!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I'm a nursing and rehab assistant, student and wannabe nurse/police officer
  • sanderdejonge
    sanderdejonge Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Doing sports, drinking beer, play about with girls. Oh and studying, I'm a student, graduating next year and planning on studying for several more years after that.
    And I'm head of the board candidate of my swimming and water polo association, which means I'll be head of the board next year.
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am a Maintenance Admin Clerk.