Bye Bye Poo

Options
124»

Replies

• EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    But when it is blended up into oblivion, the intestines don't have to work nearly as hard so they basically forget how to digest.

I eat green smoothies every day and my bowel movements are great. My husband has started having them too and his digestive system is now far more efficient.

The trick is not to blend "into oblivion", just blend to light chunks.

It is an awesome way of getting a whole lot of greens into your diet which is HEALTHY.

I'm sorry but "blend to light chunks" had me feeling :sick:

I have nothing constructive to offer the OP but I'm glad you learnt a lesson at the very least :smile:

ETA: I checked out the reviews of Haribou and now I'm dying from this one http://www.amazon.com/review/R3FTHSH0UNRHOH/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R3FTHSH0UNRHOH it's hilarious!
  • SBlizzardRob
    Options
    No, I didn't have constipation until after the cleanse
  • SBlizzardRob
    Options
    So rather than go to the doctor for frequent constipation, you do a cleanse.

I actually did not get constipated until after the cleanse.
  • SBlizzardRob
    Options
    I had this happen, If you switched back to normal foods after the cleans it sends a shock to your system and that is why you're all backed up. After a juice cleanse, even just a ten day one, you need to slowly work food back in. In other words sticking to a leafy green raw food diet and adding other things each day.

Now for the constipation aspect, there are options that don't include taking a laxative.
    1. Buy some prunes and soak a few of them in water over night. Then eat the prunes the next morning and drink a lot of water.
    2. DRINK A BUNCH OF WATER
    3. Make some tea, cut up a lemon into quarters and juice them lemon into the tea. After letting the tea steep for a while, 20-30 minutes, drink the tea (I suggest reheating it also). Adding honey also helps.
    5. Chia seeds mixed in water and add flavor of your choice, chia seeds when added to water have a the consistency of pudding) fyi, and eat that. Again, with plenty of water

You should only reply upon a laxative if you are experiencing cramps. If not your body will regulate it's self and the laxatives will only hamper that process.

Things that will not help you right now

Process foods
    Over cooked veggies
    Sugars
    and Eggs

Thanks for the advice :)
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Surprised these haven't shown up yet, here you go OP, 100% guaranteed to get you moving!

61cH30Koy8L.jpg

you can read some truly wonderful user reviews here if you have any doubts about efficacy:

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-Bears-Sugar-Free/dp/B000EVQWKC

Seriously, I don't know if they will keep you unstopped but reading the reviews might just make you cr@p your pants with laughter! (I go there everytime I'm feeling depressed!):laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SBlizzardRob
    Options
    Sorry you had to learn the hard way, but the important thing is that you learned. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. Yes, I learned my lesson. I thought it was a good concept. I researched it first, watched some programs on it. People were saying their blood pressure was better and blah blah blah. But like I said, I won't be doing it again. I was a vegetarian for 6 years, I didn't think being vegan for 10 days was an awful idea. I figured it would help stop some of my cravings - but it didn't. I appreciate those who gave sound advice, as I am human and I do make mistakes. I imagine most people do, hey! I could be wrong. I was misinformed and I screwed up, I own up to it.
  • SBlizzardRob
    Options
    When you juice, the fruits and greens loses it fiber content sadly :(

You could add real fruits to your daily diet, if you can't eat them whole, blend it. Lots of water, and you can try smooth move laxative tea for occasional contispation to get things moving - its not a pleasant smelling tea, I would tell that for sure, you can add a tsp of honey if you would like, but it doesn't give a blowout in the morning, just eases the inside and gets it going :)

I wasn't juicing, it was smoothies. The fiber wasn't lost because the drink is still chunky and full - actually required some chewing :)
  • agidavis
    agidavis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Before anything else try half a lemon with a spoon of honey, and warm it up in the microwave. Never fails.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Surprised these haven't shown up yet, here you go OP, 100% guaranteed to get you moving!

61cH30Koy8L.jpg

you can read some truly wonderful user reviews here if you have any doubts about efficacy:

^ Yup, this will work really well.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    1 draft beer will a.ways clean me right out.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    So, I jumped on the cleanse bandwagon by doing the 10 day green smoothie challenge. I figured it would be a healthy option because it was actual food. The book contained 10 recipes (greens, fruit, flax seed) and you have the smoothie for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and healthy snacks in between (boiled eggs, raw nuts, crunchy veggies and fruit). This sounded safe and healthy enough but since I've been off, Ive gained the weight back and cannot poop without assistance of a laxative or something. I don't know what to do, but I have learned my lesson.

Sounds like you might not have taken in a lot of water. If you are having a lot of fibre in your diet and not enough water, you will become constipated. I would drink tons of water and see your doctor as well.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

61cH30Koy8L.jpg

^ Yup, this will work really well.

Hey, you know it has to be good when LA Beast does a challenge video for it. And yes I'm embarrassed to admit I know who this person is, blame my husband, he finds these videos hysterical....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMjgaa5j_LE
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I like threads about poo.

I like threads about cleanses.

Both of those statements werelies.

Or were they?

(Yes, yes they were.)