Juice plus - newbie

Options
1235»

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I didnt restrict my eating, I simply replaced my breakfast and lunch with a shake

:huh:
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    ...im really not sure why people are getting so upset over a fruit and veg food supplement.

Cognitive dissonance. Never challenge a person's firmly held belief unless you're gearing for a fight.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    No ploy here, thats my honest experience whether you believe it or not...im really not sure why people are getting so upset over a fruit and veg food supplement.
    you're here to praise something you make money from.

We're all pretty sick of salespeople here. Doesn't matter what snake oil you're peddling, it doesn't have a place here. The instant that you admitted to being a rep for it, your opinion went to absolutely useless as far as I'm concerned.
  • amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm not here to sell anything, OP asked a question and I gave my answer. Now, there's much better uses of my time than this - there's gaming to be done ^-^
  • sheenashe10
    Options
    I'm into juicing my own juice from a juicer. A great documentary to watch is Fat, sick and almost dead. I love juicing.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I have used the Juice Plus vitamins before because I felt that if I was going to be taking a supplement, why not take one made out of fruit and veggie powder.
    I also used their shake mix because ^.
    Now, I don't take any vitamin supplements, because I'm not deficient in any area. I do pretty well getting what I need from food. I also found other shakes I use that are based on the same fruit/veggie/whole food principals as Juice Plus, but are not peer to peer sales and I can get them easier and at a better price.

All in all, you can find similar supplement and shake products for a better price elsewhere. These products will aid in weightless only in that you would probably be creating a a calorie deficit by using a shake that is probably fewer calories than your average meal if you are overweight, and because you may feel better by providing your body with vitamins your deficient in therefore giving you some drive to exercise because, well, you feel better.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I'm not here to sell anything, OP asked a question and I gave my answer. Now, there's much better uses of my time than this - there's gaming to be done ^-^
    you're a rep. you gave a sales pitch.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    If you drink a ton of juice and eat nothing here is what is going to happen to you.

1) With all that extra fluid intake you will flush out sodium from your body which will actually decrease the amount of water your body retains leading to a loss in water weight
    2) If you have nothing but juice your fiber intake will be basically zero which will of course give you diarrhea leading to further water loss and further weight loss.
    3) If you persist in this for a long time you will probably lose some fat and some muscle as well but not due to it being juice but rather just the caloric restriction.

Bottom line if you like having diarrhea and want to lose all that pesky water circulating around your body I suppose a juice diet is a good way to go. If you want to lose fat in a healthy way though not so much.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I didnt restrict my eating, I simply replaced my breakfast and lunch with a shake

:huh:

lol

I was reading through to see if anyone else caught that before I posted. I think she might should re-read that sentence and think about it.
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    I can never understand why people go on liquid diets/juice diets *on purpose*. After my jaw surgery I could only drink things for three weeks. It was so miserable. The only other time I plan on only drinking things for a week is when I have to get my wisdom teeth out. Otherwise, it sucks, I was constantly hungry and tired, and I would NEVER do it if I didn't have to. (inb4 Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead - that guy had a lot more issues).

I lost over 5 pounds and gained it all back once I could have solid food again.