"but it would be such a bother to LOG your food"

Options
yup... I love me enough to bother!! how 'bout you?

Replies

• LadyArchangel
    LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Definitely! It works for me so it's worth it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Nope. I guess I don't love myself enough.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Nope. I guess I don't love myself enough.

Right on cue!
  • Zarethi
    Zarethi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I may not log every meal, but I do log the majority of the day to see where I stand. And that's working great so far, so why not.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    It was such a bother to keep finding clothes and excuses to cover my expanding waist line.

I don't intend to go on doing it when I've lost the weight though. Every now and then I deliberately stop logging for a month or 2 to see if I can maintain without the bother and it's worked for me.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    At least she's taking the advise people are giving her and not telling everyone else how "her way" (you know, the one that isn't working for her) is the right way.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    People with over weight issues normally don't log their food either. I'm betting that's 65% of the US right now. Lean people probably don't need to log their food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    It's way more of a bother to have to shop in the plus sized section of the store.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    kudos if it works for you. For some people it deters them from sticking with it since it may seem tedious. It has worked for me both logging and not logging (keeping a mental tally does just the same). But, I find its actually more fun to log my food in MFP. Kind of like a visual progress report. I also like my friends giving me the thumbs up when I am under my cals! lol
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I log all foods for all meals. Even snacks. it can be a lil bit of a hassle but for me, it's well worth the effort. IMO it's no worse then weighing out your foods or portions on a scale. Maybe that's why I have been so successful this go-round.
  • brittany2188
    Options
    I like logging because I have obsessive tendencies and like to see the lists. I keep better track that way. If I don't log I won't remember everything I ate and I'll freak a bit.
  • November_Fire
    November_Fire Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I find it really easy. Maybe I don't eat often enough? I guess it'd be harder if I was stuck in an office with a tray of assorted snacks, maybe. Eating three meals and two snacks (and making it all myself) generally means easy logging.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    These women at my work go on all these ridiculous and restrictive diets and I'm like you know you just have to eat a calorie deficit and you can easily log your calories online... the response "that sounds like so much work"... :huh: ...
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I like logging because I have obsessive tendencies and like to see the lists. I keep better track that way. If I don't log I won't remember everything I ate and I'll freak a bit.

Ha ha I don't freak but I do enjoy the process of logging what I eat and will do it for as long as it works for me,

I've tried just logging exercise but I ended up putting on weight as I was 'justifying' eating far too much because I'd worked out so well!
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The logging is more of a pain up front. Those first few weeks when you have to look everything up. But then you have your own foods and meals created and it's not so bad.
    My hubby and I usually don't log on the weekends but we both know exactly what we are eating. The other day we opened a can of black olives for a salad and both of us said "every 3 olives is 1 carb". It was funny.
    But the only way we knew this is because we had logged our food.

My Dr. is actually a member of MFP and it's great on visits.. he will just pull up my food log and make comments or recommendations.
  • purplemurfy
    purplemurfy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I find it very important to be successful at this. I log every thing I eat. And over time it became kind of cathartic.
  • kittyrevealed
    kittyrevealed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love logging my food because it logs my nutrient values. It's showing me trends of where I need to adjust my food choices and maybe add some supplements to make my body happier. I am also noticing that I log a lot fewer empty calories. My calorie splurge the other day was actually juice. So, no, I am enjoying logging what I eat. It's even better when my UP bracelet adjusts what my intake can be because it sees my activity. I feel like cheering, then.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I find it very important to be successful at this. I log every thing I eat. And over time it became kind of cathartic.

There's something cathartic about a punch in the nose. —Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated, 28 Jan. 2002

sorry I just remembered this and thought it was funny.
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I use MFP to figure out how many calories some foods have, but if I make a salad and I know that the cottage cheese has 97 calories and the veggies all together maybe another 80, then I will just log 200 "quick" calories.
    Same goes for apples or snacks throughout the day. I just use it to keep track of my calories, I don't log every single thing I eat, that would take so much time.
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    If you don't log it, you can't track it. If you can't track it, you can't measure it. If you can't measure it, you can't change it. If you can't change it = fail.