Any Classic Rock or Oldies fans out there?

Options
1235»

Replies

• BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Dire Straits (maybe not rock, but it qualifies as older music imo)

With Mark Knopfler on guitar, it counts.
    ^^ Yep

Dire Straits is most definitely rock. The original MTV song, "Money for Nothing," immediately comes to mind.

They are the Sultans, the Sultans of Swing.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!
  • landriajennette7
    Options
    I don't even know what the classic rock era is considered to be now. I hear songs from the mid to late 90s on classic rock stations sometimes now.
    hear that lol
  • trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I grew up listening to all kinds of music, from oldies to country to whatever counted as pop music. I'm more of song person than a band person, but there are a couple of bands out there whose songs I listen to more than others - so I guess they count as my favourite bands ;)

AC/DC
    Van Halen
    Led Zepp
    Aerosmith
    The Rolling Stones
    Ted Nugent
    Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band <--favourite band, favourite artist :D
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Have to add some "Nederpop":

Stray Cats
    Golden Earring
    Shocking Blue
    Earth & Fire

Make me proud to be Dutch...
  • jgido759
    jgido759 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Bonzo Dog Doo-dah Band.

(Look them up)

Boy, that's an acquired taste...
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Dire Straits (maybe not rock, but it qualifies as older music imo)

With Mark Knopfler on guitar, it counts.
    ^^ Yep

Dire Straits is most definitely rock. The original MTV song, "Money for Nothing," immediately comes to mind.

They are the Sultans, the Sultans of Swing.

It ain't what they call rock and roll
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Steely Dan
    James Taylor
    Beatles
    Carol king
    Doobie Brothers
  • MrsPaulSmith
    MrsPaulSmith Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Billy Joel
    Queen
    Pink Floyd
    Blondie
    The Beach Boys
    The Temptations

First ones that come to mind...
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    The Bonzo Dog Doo-dah Band.

(Look them up)

Boy, that's an acquired taste...

Gotta love em!
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the memories. The seventies were definelty a blur. Growing up in skynyrds hometown.,sitting in the woods that backed up to the storage unit they practiced in,listening to them seems like an eternity ago. The plane went down on my 17 th bday. Ill never forget it such a loss, like many other talents before theyre time. Seeing three major bands in concert for like $7.50. Favorite song to crank up is golden earring radar love.
  • Pathend2
    Pathend2 Posts: 142
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned America yet? Horse with No Name, Sister Goldenhair: awesome stuff. Also, let's go with CCR. You want classic? I'll give you classic.

Oooh, what about Boston and Chicago?
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've been listening to Queen and Neil Young today and saw Mavis Staples of The Staples Sisters (yes, they are still out there!) on Friday. I could NOT believe how great her band is!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I grew up on classic rock, and have a station saved in my favorites to listen to when I feel like it. I can't say my favorites because growing up with it, I listened but didn't collect. I download songs now and no longer buy CD's but a lot of the bands listed had songs I enjoyed.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I have gone through many stages. From Neil Young and Crazy Horse {Powder Finger} to early Dire Straits {Six Blade Knife}, John Cougar {Ain't Even Done With the Night}, and the Boss {Lost in the Flood}

I was raised on all the late 60's and early 70's music, much of it out of England. Just the bands Eric Clapton was in would make a good collection. The Yardbirds, John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers, Cream, Blind Faith, Delaney and Bonnie and Friends, and Derick & the Dominoes.

All the southern rock bands were big when I was young, and I managed to see most of them. But the one band that I stuck with through all the years was the Grateful Dead. Even though Jerry has been dead almost 20 years, and the rest of the boys are in their late 60's, they are on the road playing somewhere most nights.
  • keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Stones, Beatles, Tom Petty, etc, etc.....
    Today's music is crap - 95% of it.

If anyone wants to talk tunes, life, or whatever......ADD me, or drop me a message