Have you met someone from MFP in person?

Options

Replies

• DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    Several are people I already know. I would meet someone knew though....
  • infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Not yet...
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I haven't met any. I'd love to, but I doubt it'll happen.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Well, the people I already know in person! lol I actually became really close to a couple of girls and am meeting them in Vegas in June!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes, 2 so far plus I have a friend who is here whom I knew before (but also originally met on the internet). It went well. We've had lunch a couple of times.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Just 1
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I am hoping to soon. I have a girl on my friends list we know that we don't live very far from each other, we have talked about meeting up for a run some time or to take our dogs for a walk. We are talking about doing The Color Run here locally in August. I think it would be cool to meet her hang out and maybe have another exercise buddy
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Yep, in fact hanging out with him this evening. He's one of my closest friends.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yes - Twice now and both lived out of town. The first I met when I was at an out of town race - She had posted the race on MFP and I happened to be visiting my grandparents that weekend so I signed up and we met at the start and finish. We only talked for a bit, but it was nice to meet a MFPer!

The second time one of MFP friends from the east coast was on this side of the US to take the Ca BAR exam and we met up to run a 10 mile trail run. Again it was nice to meet someone in person!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Yes I met 2 of my mfp friends at the same time, we had dinner and drinks, it was a really good night. Got to know them much better and feel like I know them alot more.

ETA I also bumped into someone when out shopping, it was weird going up to her and saying "Hi I'm skinny from mfp" lol my kids looked at me like I was mad!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Sort of....

I know 2 who are on this site, but they don't know I'm here.

Well, they might do now.
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Yes, 7 of them, it was a good time.
  • LKuderna
    LKuderna Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    One was my dear friend already (not currently active on MFP now) and the others I would really enjoy meeting in person, I think we would have a blast together!!!!
  • die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    nope, not that I'm opposed just have not had the opportunity.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    2 and about to meet one more.
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    I have not, but would certainly be interested. If there's anyone here from the Chicago area that feels the same, message me.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Yes I have... A couple of them actually. I'm hoping to meet quite a few more of them too.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • VASMA63
    VASMA63 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So far the only people I've communicated with are people I know from my real life - but I used to meet up with people when I used the WW boards. Would be fun to meet some new people on MFP if we had stuff in common.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Met one.....if anyone from J'ville on MFP would like to meet PM