RIP Ultimate Warrior

Options
13»

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    ok, gotcha. i was a big fan when i was a kid. honestly had no idea that any of the wrestlers of my youth were still at it.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    One of the greats...RIP
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Warrior was my favorite wrestler back in the day.
    I've had the opportunity to meet the man and shake his hand. He was balls-to-the-walls, an all out, high intensity, Superstar.
    He had his Drug Demons and other abuses, but has over come them, and made peace with GOD his family, and his fans.
    I seen him give his WWE Hall Of Fame acceptance speech and thank his wife for sticking with him during the AWFUL times (as he put it) I saw him give his Spirit to the WWE Universe to live on forever. In my OPINION he knew his time was short, and wanted to say his goodbyes.
    RIP ULTIMATE WARRIOR
    from;
    one of your warriors
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    He was my favourite as a kid!

tumblr_mb7420Au4Y1qa6za8o1_400.gif

Great gif.

He was one of my favorites. He was a big part of my Saturday mornings. I still remember when he got buried by the Undertaker. RIP.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    <--- Already painted up as a tribute! *snort*
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    1544567_10152145539434620_2196605446033490996_n.jpg
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Ah man, I just had to tell my husband that his all-time favorite wrestler passed away. Truly sad. So glad he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame before passing. He deserved it. Loved watching the man wrestle.

RIP Ultimate Warrior.

Yep, I just texted my son (he's 11, and we watch wrestling all the time)...he's gutted too even though he didn't live during the Hulk vs Warrior era, he still enjoyed watching the old footage. RIP UW, you were such a great performer.

Side note: his speech on RAW was creepy foreshadowing, gives me the willies.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    RIP Jim H.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    He returns to parts unknown.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    1544567_10152145539434620_2196605446033490996_n.jpg

Wow...
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I disagree...I think they BOTH knew SOMETHING was going on...he didn't look good during the HoF ceremony, or at RAW.....I think this was their way of mending things, and letting him speak to the WWE universe.

I think they both knew his time was short, but I don't think they knew that THIS was happening so soon. Maybe since he got everything off his chest and addressed the universe one more time, he decided that it was his time...I dunno...I'm saddened about this regardless of it.

True, no one knows when it's someone's time, but shortened lifespan wouldn't be a reason to be inducted. In this vein of thought they would've inducted Paul Bearer a lot earlier than his death. Again, the only reason he was inducted is because, through heavy intervention by Triple H, Vince and Warrior were able to bury the hatchet (other example is Bruno Sammartino as I stated before - he refused to be inducted because at the time he didn't like the TV-14 WWE product. Triple H was able to convince him to finally agree). Regardless of health he would've never been inducted had this not happened.

But man, seeing all those tweets from all the wrestlers....everyone was blindsided by his death. It's seriously really crazy.

I agree, he didn't look good at the ceremony, and especially during his segment on RAW. Very winded. But his promo was amazing. What makes me saddest is that he addressed his children several times during his speech. They only looked to be around 11 and 8 years old. To lose your father that early in life, and so suddenly, is absolutely horrible. My thoughts go out to them.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    :cry:
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Looks like the Autopsy results came back and it was a heart attack. The coroner stated that the cause of death were natural, and that no drugs or alcohol were involved at all in this.

While I think that it's true that at this point all drugs and alcohol are no longer in his system and he's been off for a long time, I think long time abuse did play a factor in his heart possibly being weaker.

At any rate....RIP Warrior, you are an icon in the wrestling industry
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    yes....yes it was LOL