Group LLC Holiday Challenge!

Replies

• VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Good morning everyone,

Today is a new day and I hope it is a glorious day for you.

Profjan6 - I understand and feel the same way. I stayed focus yesterday. I had a MIM for breakfast and vegetables and beef for lunch. Got home and had mashed potatoes and baked chicken. And for dessert I had vanilla ice cream with cream liqueor (similar to Baileys). It was quite delicious though very bad for me. :ohwell: I had a conversation with myself about being focus and remember the goals I have set for me, but apparently I wasn't listening. I'm in a blah blah blah mood and I'm pretty sure it is because of issues I have at home. Let me explain -

My youngest daughter went off to college in 2007. I was home alone until October 2009 when a situation arose and some of my grands were put into the custody of the State. I jumped in to help and took custody of a 3 year old, a 5 year old and a 15 year old - thinking that it would be only for a few months at the most. It has now been over a year and there doesn't seem to be an end in site. Needless to say I am ready to call it quits. I am tired of jumping through hoops and feel like it is not appreciated by the children and most definitely their mother. I was happy home alone with only myself to look after and I took a big leap taking in 3 youngsters when my youngest is now 22!!! What was I thinking. The youngest one is soooo cute though - and she actually makes my day. And she is carrying a lot of weight on her shoulders because she is the only reason I have not put an end to this situation.

I know I have to find an outlet to relieve me of what I'm feeling other than the worng foods - or just run away from home!!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Hey ladies!!

I am on board with you all and staying on track. Just wanted to briefly stop by and say Hello!!!
  • This is very good. I made it for a pot luck at school today. Everyone loved it and no one had any idea it was not made with sugar!!!! I don't have the numbers handy, but you can put in in the recipe thing to find out. It's very good and takes away the feeling of not being able to have pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. I am also going to make myself some creamed spinach and cauliflower casserole (2 separate dishes, tho I wonder how they would taste together?) I am also going to have cranberry/raspberry jello salad, sugar free jello of course! Oh..and Turkey...

Pumpkin Bake

8 oz cream cheese
    5 eggs
    ½ c Splenda (I used Truvia)
    15 oz can pumpkin (not pie filling)
    1 ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
    1 tsp cinnamon

Oven temp: 350 degrees for 40 – 55 minutes

Put the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well. I mixed the Truvia with the cream cheese first then I added the eggs slowly while mixing it. I added the pumpkin and spices last.

Pour into a greased 6x8 baking dish and bake until the center feels firm and a knife inserted in the center comes out relatively clean. Check it at 40 minutes and increase time if needed. I baked mine for 55 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack and chill before serving.

Makes 6 servings

DO NOT FREEZE

You can double this recipe for a 13x9 inch baking pan if you want.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    CCDUCH!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing that recipe! Im going shopping tomorrow and will pick up everything i need for it! Can not wait to try it!
  • VJ150
    Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to check in to say hi. Not too much going on. I'm still struggling - trying to get to the place of only eating foods that are low carb. I was doing okay until I ate that bag of popcorn - but hopefully I'll be able to be strong for the rest of the evening.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    *squeezes you all into a big hug*

Y'all have no idea how much I've missed everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to be back! The new job is going GREAT!! But it's just been taking up ALL of my time. By the time I get home in the evening I am just beat! It's good though...I'm really happy with everything. I've been off track since the beginning of October, but I'm trying to get back on the wagon now that I'm getting into the swing of things at work.

So I'm going to keep on trying...I need support from y'all!! :bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    I missed you guys too. I have been way off track. But slowly getting back into it. I am looking into another plan called plan d/ I should get my book next Tues or Wed. I don't know if it is for me or not. It is to get off of all processed foods. I hope this author is not a fanatic on it. I need something I can stick with and hoping this is it. We shall aae.
    <<<<<<I am glad to see you all here savery_gal good to hear from you. We can do this............. YES Ii CAN.........MARIE..
    <<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>
  • saverys_gal
    MARIE! :bigsmile: I haven't seen you around in a while! Glad to see you're still searching for the plan that's just right for you! Keep me filled in lady!

We're getting REALLY close to the holidays guys...we've GOT to come back into this strong and stick with it! I know we can all do this!! :drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    good morning ..............................Marie
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Good Morning ladies!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Im heading out for a girls night later and i told all my friends i will be the DD For them that way I won't drink and will stay on track :noway: I have never ever agreed to be a DD for when we have girls night Im shocked how much I have learned and knowing it's not worth going over on carbs and calories for 1 night of drinking!!!! Now I hope im this strong when Thanksgiving comes.... Wow only 5 days until Turkey day !
  • I'm sensing a theme...gotten off track, letting ourselves go, trying to get back...well, I'm right there with you! I'm in a cafe at the moment, having eating a slice of apple cake. Which is off track on so many levels, I'm not even going to bother to list them all out!

I am afraid to get on the scale, but my jeans are starting to feel like compression stockings, so I know its time to do something, stat!

When I have a hard time getting the motivation back, I try to change my focus. So, instead of focusing so heavily on my diet, I am going to focus on exercise. I'm going to start running after thanksgiving. Going to do the couch to 5k until Christmas. Not that my diet isn't important, but I think if I focus on exercise, I won't feel so demoralized with my eating. Its been such a struggle for the past 2 weeks, and its only November. Something has to change, or its going to be a long fall/winter. And I'll be a few sizes bigger at the end of it!

That's my plan, anyway. I'll keep you posted.
  • VJ150
    tatiana - I'm right there with you. I have been off track for over a month. I too will start back to walking/jogging after Thanksgiving. I'm being realistic - the rest of the week I will enjoy myself (but not overdoing it because it is the holidays). It will be back to the grind on Sunday. I bought Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and another one that uses a kettle bell - can't recall the name of it. I feel kinda excited about the dvd because I had gotten bored with my other ones.

Happy Thanksgiving to EVERYONE!!!
  • CALIECAT
    zone1lowcarbzone-1.jpg

Just to remind ud all about this tomorrow Have a good one. Marie
  • saverys_gal
    Good one Marie!! :laugh:

Hope everyone is having a great holiday with friends and family! Even if it means stepping out of the LLC zone!! Remember, we can always get back on track tomorrow!! :drinker:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    OMG- I have been out of control....Hubby and I made a chalked full of carbs turkey dinner and this last 1 month has managed to knock us OFF of our eating plan, we both realized it was the night we said " We can have 1 piece of cake, we have been sooooo good for 2 months" This caused us to do a spiral into bad things. I am up 8 lbs of the 19 lbs that I have lost! That is a huge gain over 1-2 months......SOOOOOOO we are talking about getting back into the Atkins plan. AND I think when I had the Atkins books and could go to them daily rather than online, we kept things going......

A small setback.....this is what I am telling myself. We still do not have bread in the house, we still are not using sugars....just have to catch ourselves in the desert department...the sweets at parties department.

I hope you are all doing well....I have missed you all :)
  • Grokette
    Good morning all.

I haven't been around in a while, but I am committed and did pretty well over the holiday.

We had organic and / or raw foods and I didn't make a lot, so leftovers were gone by Saturday afternoon.

I cooked Sweet Potatoes, Collard Greens, Organic and Free Range Turkey and I made a small pan of macaroni and cheese using Dreamsfield elbows for my husband. I did have a couple of spoonfuls and the gluten in it has made my joints ache and I am retaining a bit of water.

We are hoping for some snow tomorrow with a high of 36 degrees. I wish it would really snow. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: We keep getting snow flurries. :grumble:
  • Hi all! Its been a sort of crazy last few weeks. Right now, I'm just concentrating on eating healthy. No scale hopping (and hopping, and hopping). Sometimes, I find the "lose weight" mentality to be motivating, and sometimes, I just find it distracting. Right now, I am just finding it distracting. (When is the scale gonna move? When is the scale gonna move? Its not moving! Oh no! Wrong direction! ...So, when is the scale gonna move?...) I'm just following a couple of guidelines (no wheat, no sugar) and concentrating on cooking at home. That's it. Nothing fancy.

I like food logging...but I find calorie counting not so useful. Portion control works well for me...I'm not a big eater...just a wrong eater! So when I focus my meals around healthy food, I don't find the calories matter. But as I'm not logging my meals daily, I may not be around daily. But I will definitely be around!

Hope everyone is doing well post-Thanksgiving!
  • Grokette
    Hi all! Its been a sort of crazy last few weeks. Right now, I'm just concentrating on eating healthy. No scale hopping (and hopping, and hopping). Sometimes, I find the "lose weight" mentality to be motivating, and sometimes, I just find it distracting. Right now, I am just finding it distracting. (When is the scale gonna move? When is the scale gonna move? Its not moving! Oh no! Wrong direction! ...So, when is the scale gonna move?...) I'm just following a couple of guidelines (no wheat, no sugar) and concentrating on cooking at home. That's it. Nothing fancy.

I like food logging...but I find calorie counting not so useful. Portion control works well for me...I'm not a big eater...just a wrong eater! So when I focus my meals around healthy food, I don't find the calories matter. But as I'm not logging my meals daily, I may not be around daily. But I will definitely be around!

Hope everyone is doing well post-Thanksgiving!

The way your following it will yield you GREAT results!! No sugar, no wheat and portion control, concentrate on eating veggies, maybe make some soups and such.

My problem is - I am a BIG eater and need to find a way to get portions under control because even eating healthy foods I still overeat most of the time, which is making weight loss slloooooow.
  • VJ150
    Hi Everyone,

My question is - WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO US?!?!?!?!?

I know I haven't been focused since my cruise, which was over a month ago. Tomorrow is December 1 and I am determined to get right!!!!! Back on the wagon and low carb. Any leftover desserts that are in the house will be trash tonight!!!

Exercise first thing in the morning!!!
    Drink 15-16 glasses of water!!!
    Plan and prepare lunch!!!
    Get mind in the right place!!!

Come on everyone - we can do this!!!
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    VJ you are so right! Everyone seems to be "busy" including me. I have not been watching what I eat, I have neglected exercise, and just let it all go. Not happy or proud about it, but I have tried to get back to it as of yesterday. I am just always hungry now. I guess from all that eating I am not used to eating less and my brain wants more. I am blaming my brain! Anyway, I hope to get things moving again....including ME!
This discussion has been closed.