Group LLC Holiday Challenge!

Options
Welcome old and new LLCers! :flowerforyou:

The holidays are right around the corner! What better time to set some new challenges and goals for ourselves! Let's start the month of October out by getting in the right mindset that we CAN and WILL do this!! :happy:

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back to lead us on this Holiday Challrnge My goal is to get into a size 14 by Christmas after being in Xl for so many years. I can do it, I will do it.. Lets roll!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ColetteDuchnowski
    Options
    I am with you and very motivated...want to be close to 280 or under (better) by Christmas!!!!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hi Colette and Marie! Glad you ladies are over here!

With my impending job termination, my goal for the next 2 months is to stay as stress free as possible to keep my migraines at bay!! Also I really need to try and keep myself accountable with workouts and to try my hardest to keep eating; stress and my tummy don't get along very well!! So those are my goals through the end of November, other than trying to find another job of course.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your job. Everything will work out fine, you'll see.
    Fixing to go for my walk so nice outside. Sammie my doggie will love that.
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hey there, LLCers!

Savery - being offline for a couple weeks, I must've missed the info regarding your pending job termination - I'm so so sorry.... I've got my fingers crossed for you!!!

Ok, LLCers, my goal for October is to get to 250. I was 271-ish this morning. 20 pounds is probably not doable in one month, specially for a slow loser like me, but that 250 has been my magic number for a while now - I just need to get past that threshold before the holidays get here!

Here is my menu today:

B: scrambled eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 sausage link
    L: 2 hamburger patties w/ cheese, mayo, mustard and steamed veggies
    D: chicken breasts stuffed w/ pepperoni, string cheese, and mushrooms and steamed veggies
    Sn: Jello w/ whipped cream
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Res: I found you! Thanks! And...I see you too Marie.

HI all -- I've been out of whack for way too long and have gained. Getting back to it!! Res invited me to your thread and hope it's okay if I join you all. The only way I lose is to go low carb and low sugar. I've also recently joined Snap Fitness, so look forward to getting on a really good workout schedule. I'm 48 and that takes some moving to lose!! LOL I look forward to getting to know you all. Good luck to us all in meeting our holiday goals and lookin' good at those holiday parties!! :wink:
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Hello my fellow LLCers!!!

I'm in.

Saverys - sorry to hear about your job. Hold fast to your faith and know that everything will work out for you.

My goals for October
    1. Lose 10 pounds - this is doable for me - I know it is.
    2. Incorporate more aerobic workouts into my daily routine. ( My daughter and I have started walking/jogging in the park for an hour everyday. It amounts to 3.5 miles. May increase it to 4 miles.)
    3. Drink half my body weight in water (ozs).
    4. Plan my meals. (Didn't accomplish this goal last month. Will try again.)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Res: I found you! Thanks! And...I see you too Marie.

HI all -- I've been out of whack for way too long and have gained. Getting back to it!! Res invited me to your thread and hope it's okay if I join you all. The only way I lose is to go low carb and low sugar. I've also recently joined Snap Fitness, so look forward to getting on a really good workout schedule. I'm 48 and that takes some moving to lose!! LOL I look forward to getting to know you all. Good luck to us all in meeting our holiday goals and lookin' good at those holiday parties!! :wink:

Hey ao goDs to aee you here SASSY SsOUTHERN GAL. GOOD TO SEE ALL OF YOU/ WECAN DO IT. WE WILL DO IT.now where is Hammbone?
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    Whoa! I go to work on my resume and you ladies set the thread on fire! :laugh:

Thanks all for the well wishes! We got notified last Thursday that our office is being shut down at the end of November, so it's been a tough few days and that's why my goals are what they are right now! I can't do this without you ladies!

I'm seeing some GREAT goals for the pre-holiday season! I know we can all do this!

Welcome sassysouthergirl! :flowerforyou:

Yes, we're still missing a few people! Tammietifanie, sassie, hammbone!! Get your butts over here ladies! :wink:
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

Saverys: sorry to hear about the job! When one door closes, another one opens! Think positive. Sometmes change is for the best!! I'll be thinkin' of you and hoping good things come your way.

I'll go try to find Hambonne!
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    I've got a few goals....one of them is job related, as well! I am working, but ....well, it is complicated! I am a career counselor, so i'm helping myself now! Very interesting. Anyhoo, my goal is to stay on track as much as I can, and to exercise at least 5x a week. I also will make sure I plan my meals. That seems to be a big thing for me. When I do it, things work well. I am quite organized, so that won't be a problem. (most days!) Be well everyone!
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    Thanks sassysouthern! You're so very right! :smile:

Glad you found us again profjan!! Great goals!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Hello LLC Family :bigsmile:

My October goal is to break my Plateau and not give up! I also want to Lose 5lbs by Nov 1st My over all Goal is to get to my goal weight by Dec 19th I have 10lbs to go
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    There you are girl! :smile:

I know you'll break through that plateau, you just have to find what works for you! Why don't you tell everyone what you've tried to see if anyone can give a new suggestion??
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Tammie you can do it we are all brhind you.
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I have tried :

1.) Up my water
    2.) Up my Net Carbs
    3.) Eating 6 small meals instead of 3 big and 2 snacks I know do 3 meals , 3 snack and try to eat them every 3-4 hours
    4.) Up My workouts
    5.) Eating more protein and less carbs

I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ELSE TO DO
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Oops meant Now not Know <---- :blushing:
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    @ tammie: when you upped your workouts did you also up your net carbs/calories?
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Yeah!
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    How long did you try sticking with that method? I know from reading that it says it can take up to a month sometimes for your body to recognize the changes you're making.
    Weren't you eating a lot of grains too when you upped your carbs?
    Maybe try this method again, but instead of upping your carbs with grains, go with more fruits and veggies.