Group LLC Holiday Challenge!

Options

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Im going to call her ! She knows im trying to stay on track with my eating lifestyle so i don't see why it would bother her but i wasn't sure if it would look rude or not. I also have another family event on sunday where im going to be around nothing but junk food and halloween treats but i have already planned my meals out for sunday! Luckly on sunday i'll be walking all day and chasing my kids around so im looking forward to all that exercise :bigsmile:
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    I don't think anyone would mind you bringing your own food along as long as you are discreet about it. I have done it and no one seems to think it is a problem. I just eat whatever I bring or whatever I can and I don't talk about it or make a big deal about it. People love to ask why we aren't eating certain things, though. I keep trying to remind myself that it is the social gathering and not the food that is bringing people together. Doesn't always work, though! Have fun at the party
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the people hosting the event. When I went to meet my sister in law last year for the first time (at Christmas of all times!!) I was NOT bringing my own food! And I'm glad I didn't. I was questioned enough about why I didn't partake of the food there. Fortunately now my MIL knows a bit about my dietary concerns, so it's not as bad but it can make some social gatherings very awkward!!
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Hi There!! Soon as I got to the thread to read and post,, the grandbaby starts crying for her food! Gotta run feed her, then I'll be back to catch up with reading!! Hope everybody is well and on track today. I am! :bigsmile:
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Grandbaby went with home her mommy, and I caught up with some reading and some computer work! Now I’ve caught up here with the postings!! And….I’m still on track today and feelin’ good! Had a energy-filled day. Took the grandbaby to the pumpkin patch and took some pics of her. Wow…just a couple weeks ago when keeping her in the afternoons, she was wearing me out! I seem to be keeping up with her much better now that I’m taking better care of myself and taking healthy supplements, eating right, etc. It’s well worth it!!

Saverys: I’ve been drinking a daily detox tea … it’s an Arbonne Figure 8 supplement. It’s caffeine free and has a really good relaxing, minty flavor, so I drink it at night when I’m reading before bed. It’s soothing. Has milk thistle in it, along with other healthy ingredients – good for liver cleansing and ridding the body of toxins. I’m not familiar with the Yogi – I’ll have to look it up. I loved the Arbonne skin care and dietary supplements so much that I became an independent consultant. Consultants and Preferred Clients get AWESOME discounts … on my first order I got $782 worth of products for only $350. Can’t beat that!!

Marie: As I just wrote to Savery’s (see above)…I use Arbonne supplements – very healthy! I can see a big difference in my energy level, and I’m finally starting to lose. Thought I never would at my age! LOL I also love their protein shakes! If you (or anyone else) is interested….take a look at my website, and let me know if you have any questions or would like some free samples! www.vibrantbeauty.myarbonne.com

Tammie: No, I don’t think it would be rude at all to take your food to the cookout! Do what’s best to keep you on track … I’m sure people will understand!! It’s great you have that kind of willpower at a cookout!!

ProfJan: I agree totally – it’s the gathering not the food! Good point! But I do realize some people could take it the wrong way.

Well, the house is finally quiet, so it’s time for me to go take care of my nightly pampering with skin care, sit with my good book, and sip on my detox tea! Have a great night. Lookin’ forward to weighing in and posting tomorrow. This is a GREAT group we have going!
    :drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Sassy didn't know you had a grandbaby How nie/ how old is she or him? WSill look at your website in the morning, My eyes too tired tonight. Post some pictures

I had a good day too. Chicken and vegetables. And of course yogurt.
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Marie: Another good day for you....GOOD JOB!!! Yes, I have a grandbaby now. It's my stepson's child, but still my grandbaby. LOL She's a doll. 8 months old tomorrow. Just pullin' up on tables now, and trying her best to walk...but she's so small. LOL Not a tooth in her head yet! She may be walkin' before she has any teeth! you probably weren't aware I had the grandbaby because I had been gone from MFP for SO long! It's really good to be back with a good group of people here. I'm like you ...my eyes are tired tonight...just had my hot detox tea and I'm relaxed and going to fall to sleep. LOL I'll post a couple of baby pics tomorrow.
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! How are y'all?

I'm on track and happy - which is crazy, since TOM started this morning - I'm usually feeling crappy and bloated - that may come later, and depending on how bloated I feel, I may not get on the scale til TOM Is gone. I know, TMI, but we're all women here and have all gone thru this!

Had an interesting dinner last night - a little bit of cheese, some celery with whipped cream cheese in it, and I got this Hormel Roast Beef Au Jus product that you just cook in the microwave. It was GOOD! The meat was SO tender! A little expensive to buy all the time, but since I didn't have time to really make a Atkins-friendly dinner, it was a good alternative! I'll have to keep that in mind in future....

This is Day 5 of being back on Induction, and finally my appetite seems to be leaving me. Got a busy weekend planned, as usual.... I'll be back later to check in - and Joy - I'll check out your website this weekend, I'm always on the lookout for some new skin products. Now that I'm 40, I'm lucky enough to not have any wrinkles yet, even around my eyes, but I want to keep it that way! I do notice that my skin is very dry, though - do they have any products for dry skin?

Ok, back later, ladies! Stay strong and on plan!
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    TGIF my beautiful ladies! :flowerforyou:

@ sassysouthern: thanks for sharing the info! I have used Arbonne before and think the products are quite lovely but just a tad pricey for me. Plus these days I've gotten so natural in what I use on my body that my products have gotten really low key! But the Fizzies do seem really awesome! I'd love to try those out. :smile: Check the Yogi teas out-I've been drinking them for years and they're phenomenal. All natural and really rather inexpensive!!

@ Marie: keep on keeping on! You've really seem to have found your groove!!

@ res: woot woot! Keep on girl! Wait til TOM is gone before getting on that scale!!

So I was 110% ON yesterday!! :bigsmile: I hit my calorie and carb goal and ate good foods and the scale showed the difference this morning-I'm almost down to my lowest weight again. I really have found my happy place with eating and exercise-I need more food!! I only managed to squeeze in 20 minutes on the bike but that's because the hubby brought home a weight machine! *squeal* So we had to set it up and of course play around with it. It's used and a considerably older model, so I'm trying to find some sort of exercise chart so that I can follow a routine to best start sculpting and toning! I :heart: my hubs!!
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Good morning everybody! I was up at 6 this morning, ready to go!! I weighed in and was down another 2.2 this morning. So a total of 6 lbs since Monday’s weigh in! I’ll surely take it!! Gotta go change my ticker. Isn’t it a great feelin’ moving that ticker down … we can ALL do this!

RES: that dinner sounds really good, I’ll be on the lookout for Roast Beef. To answer your question, I also have very dry (and sensitive) skin, which is why it’s been so hard for me to find skin care products I like. I am in love with these Arbonne RE9 Advanced products! I’m 48, but like you, I’m lucky in that I don’t have wrinkles yet (well not bad ones…haha), but I can tell a difference in the elasticity of my face …seems to be a bit saggy and I have a puffy eye problem with dark circles. These products are actually best I’ve ever found, and I’ve spent a ton of money looking. LOL My mom, who is 68, has started using the RE9 too and loves it. My aunt used the samples and placed her order ...she is 66. They do seem a bit pricey when you first look at them, but when you try them and see that it takes only a very, very small DAB – you realize they last quite awhile. Plus the 20-35% discount is great, and the best part of it all was my first order where I got $782 worth for only $350. I felt like I had won the lottery! LOL I did, however, research as I do everything. With the discounts, the skin care line is no more pricey than what I’ve used in the past. The RE9 that I’m using is the most pricey one they have with the anti-aging properties, but they also have another line called FC5 that is really good and less expensive, but more for younger skin not yet showing signs of aging. All that being said – I’m not the kinds of person who is good at selling …and I didn’t sign up as consultant to push or sell….I hate that….LOL (I just wanted to best discount :bigsmile: ), but I do really love the products and if I can help someone else out, I’d love to do that. Keep up your focus over the weekend ….you’re on a roll and doing great!

Saverys: Thanks…I’ll check out those Yogi’s! And…good job on being 110% on yesterday! Let’s do it again today!!

I'll check in later! Have to leave around 3 to drive 3 hours to my son's football game tonight. BIG BIG GAME and I'm more nervous than the players are. LOL
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    WOOT WOOT! WTG sassysouthern on a 2.2 LOSS! Look at you LOSER! :bigsmile:

Good luck to your son today!! :flowerforyou:
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    Where is everyone?? I need some conversation to get me through the rest of the afternoon! :laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi all of you

Sassy 6 lbs that is terrific. so proud for you. I am at a standstill right now but still following the plan. I am just so happy to get those 8 lbs off/. I order me a pressure cooker for the mocrowave and it came this morning. Will be BBQing some chicken breast in it for lunch. i have some no cal , no carb bbq sauce i will used. should be pretty good.

Breakfast I had cottage cheese nd sugar free Jello., cofee and 2 glasses of crystal lite orange drink

Lunch will be the BBq chicken.

Supper will be the same as for lunch..

Will have greek yogurt for snacks and sugar free jello.

Will let you know how my new cooker turn out.

you all have a wonderful weekend.

Marie

will have greek yogurt for my snacks.

right now I am going to walk around the block with my Jack russell. He loves his walking in the neighberhood.

everyone have a happy wekend. Stay on plan.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!!!!! Hope everyone is doing great! I have one busy weekend a head of me and will push myself to stay on track. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend....
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    Trying to deal with a miserable cold! Isn't it too early in the season to be getting a cold??? Many of the students I work with are sick, as well. Drinking a ton of tea and trying to feel better before I leave for the weekend. I feel like I've planned my food wrong for today. Hope I don't go over. Going to try to get a walk in now. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    YUM! Great menu Marie!!

Hang in there tammietifanie! You'll get through this weekend GREAT!!

Oh no!! *passes the Vit C, Zinc and Echinacea to profjan* Cold season does seem to be starting up a bit early this year! I've seen a lot of people with one already. I'm avoiding it like the plague!!
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Saverys: Thanks! And, my son will need all the luck he can get on that f’ball field tonight! He plays noseguard and going up against a center who already has 3 offers from D-1 Colleges and he’s well over 300 lbs – my son is 230. Will be our toughest game yet, and next week will be another really tough one! Can’t wait!!

Marie: I saw an infomercial on a pressure cooker the other night…looked great. Thinking it was a Montel Williams product. Let me know how you like yours.

Profjan: Hope you feel better soon!

Tammie: Hang in there this weekend!

I’m getting things together to take that 3 hour drive to the f’ball game. Dread the drive, but can’t wait for the game!
  • ColetteDuchnowski
    Options
    Hi all...

Has anyone seen the commercials on TV about sugar and high fructose corn syrup and sugar cane...about how the body can't tell the difference between the sugars...basically says that "sugar is sugar". This guy has a little girl walking with him...and is happy about sugar being sugar and how basically he feels he is not putting his child in danger, at least that is how I read it. I just want to strangle that man and the sugar industry who is saying sugar is good and healthy. Ok...rant over!!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Wake up all you low carbers. Raise and shine. just been up about an hour myself,
    . not had breakfast yet.
    my mini goal today is to get another 2,000 step in Sammie dog will love that.

Today is cruise day can have veggie today.

Breakfast:
    Egg omelet with fat free cheese 2 glasses of crystal lite orange drink. coffee.
    Lunch
    Sausage stuff peppers Green beans (french style)
    Dinner
    Turkey sausage over steam cabbage, Mixed veggies.
    Snacks greek yogurt and sugar free jello.

Everyone have a wonderful Weekend. Marie
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Saturday!

@ Colette: haven't seen that commercial, but that's not surprising since we don't have cable and/'or satellite and very rarely watch any TV. I'd be yelling at the TV over that one!! Do you know who puts the commercial out?

@ Marie: yummy menu today! I'm sure you can get in that nice walk!!

@ sassysouthern: hope your son's football game went well last night! I was thinking of you!

Getting ready to start on my first cup of coffee. I slept in pretty late this morning but I haven't slept well all week so it was needed, although I'm not sure that it helped; I still feel exhausted. Don't you just love stress?
    Yesterday was another great day-I got in all of my carbs and cals, just didn't drink enough water due to running around all day. My workout was kick butt! I'm feeling it this morning! I did my 30 minute combo aerobic and strength training DVD, spent 15 minutes on the new weight machine and did 20 minutes of yoga. I'm trying to get a routine down for the weights, so I think that will take me a week or so to figure out.

So what is everyone up to today?