Group LLC Holiday Challenge!

Options

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating Oatmeal, Rice and of course i can't have bread or anything like it so i have been sticking to Veggies, Some fruit and lean protein. I hope i will see something soon Im just trying to figure out where to keep my carb intake at and calories i have read so many different things that i get lost on what is right for my body
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Well, end of day 1 back on Atkins plan again. Just a few more days until I'm in ketosis, which I love - cuz my appetite goes away and the cravings go away too!

Hubby and I love this time of year - in October, we always get into watching scary shows - we have the first 4 seasons of A Haunting from Discovery Channel on DVD, and we've been watching those every night. Funny thing we noticed - every single episode has a long dark hallway that one of the scared characters has to walk down in the dark.... Isn't that funny? We just watch each episode and then when it appears, we crow in unison - "Look honey, a long dark hallway!"

LOL, the things that tickle my funny bone, guess you have to be here.....

Dinner tonight was Atkins-friendly stuffed chicken - here's my recipe:

Chicken breasts
    chopped mushrooms
    Hormel "baby" pepperoni - the small round pieces
    Colby-jack cheese sticks
    Bacon
    Spicemate sweet and smoky rub

Cut a pocket in the breast long-ways - and stuff with 1/4 of a colby-jack cheese-stick and a handful of chopped mushrooms and the small pepperoni, wrap a piece of bacon around the whole thing, then rub with the sweet/smoky rub. Bake in the oven at 325 for about 40-45 mins, until done. Yum!

Ok, gonna finish this episode, and then head for bed.....
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Love all the positive goals here!!

RES: your stuffed chicken recipe sounds so good! I'll be giving that a try -- probably tomorrow!! Thanks!

It's about my bedtime! Busy day, and have to watch the grandbaby (8 month old little girl) tomorrow, and she gives me a run for my money. She's a better personal trainer than Jillian Michaels!! She's crawling all over and pulling up on everything in site...and making me chase her everywehre!! Wears me out. :laugh:

See you all tomorrow! Looks like we all had a good on plan day today --- GOOD FOR US!! :bigsmile:
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    HAPPY TUESDAY!!! I'm up early and ready to get the day started! Down 2.2 lbs today after being on plan yesterday -- so worth it!

I'll check back later -- hope you all have a great day.
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Down 1.4 pounds today - hope to lose those 6 I gained pretty quickly.... I'll have to check back later - have a meeting in a few mins, and of course tons to do at work - how dare they take up my MFP time with silly things like .......... what they pay me to do? LOL.... Talk to y'all soon....
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    RES~ WAY TO GO on losing that 1.4!! We're headed in the right direction! :bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning LL carbers
    Today is my cruise day. means I can have veggies today. ( the non starches ones)
    Breakfast: 1/2 c. greek non fat yogurt, 2 T oatbran, 2 glasses of crystal light orange drink. coffee

Lunch chicken veggies soup. 1/2 c cottage cheese. Tea

Supper: same as for lunch.
    Snacks: greek yogurt, non fat milk. Lots of water.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thstd great Sassy/ 2.2 lbs. Just take a little effort and most of all determation. We can all do it..

here is a link on the dukan diet I still have a lot to learn.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1267106/The-ultimate-diet-The-French-kept-secret-years-Now-protein-rich-Dukan-Diet-coming-Britain.html It seems to explain it pretty well.
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Hey there, ladies!

Joy - WTG on 2.2 pounds down! You're right - we're heading in the right direction!

Marie - Yum, your menu today sounds good - how do you like greek yogurt? I haven't tried it yet, some people say it's got a stronger taste than other regular yogurt?

I'm right on track with eating, will probably go over my calories today, but my carb count should be good. Just trying to get through my first few days being on track and get into ketosis.....

Oops, got a meeting I forgot about, back later!
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Thanks, Res! We are all headed in the right direction. Still a little time before the Holidays to get better lookin' for the parties!!

Calie: your menu looks good to me! I read the link, and will be giving it a try. I've had greek yogurt before and it's very strong (in my opinion). I did get some nonfat yogurt (that link I read mentioned nonfat yogurt being fine....am I understanding this correctly?) I will also be drinking a protein shake after working out, but that shouldn't mess things up. Thanks for posting your menu -- very helpful.

The little 8 month old granddaughter will be here soon - it's my afternoon to watch here (Tues and Thurs), so I may not have time to check in til later on. She keeps me on my toes -- crawling all over the house, pulling up on everything she sees! Whew! So....I'll check y'all later!
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Seems like you are all doing pretty well! I am busy now, so when I'm busy I don't eat. I am working a lot, which is a good thing, since I didn't think I'd have any work! I am sticking to my goal of planning the meals, and exercising. So far, so good! You know, it makes me feel so much better. So why don't I do it all the time??? I guess that's the big question.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Res and sassy. I loved the greek yogurt Add a little splenda to it I have been eating it a long time. but moatly with fruit. Can't have fruit yet. but so add sugar free jello I buy the little cups. of Sf Jello.already prepare. I am running across some recipes now on one of web site. Found one for meat loaf. I want to make into meat balls. My chicken veggies soup was so good and so filling. Did not even want the yogurt and jello. as well as I like it. All this water and protein keeps you full.
  • Resalyn
    Options
    JOY - I think there should be an entry in the exercise database for chasing around an 8 month old! Wonder how many calories that will burn, LOL?

PROFJAN - I always do better when I'm busy too - I do know that I'm a bored eater -when I get bored, I want to eat.... How do you find the time to exercise???

MARIE - I might have to try some greek yogurt - there is a brand at Walmart called Oikos - I think I'll get some this weekend. I use a little bit of plan NF yogurt (1/4 c) in the mornings in my breakfast shake. Maybe I'll switch it up. I'm going to check around here to find some Oolong - I think they might have it in the organic section of my local grocery store, I think I've seen it there.

Made a lovely stir-fry tonight, used Birdseye Oriental frozen veggies, cooked a couple of frozen ribeyes on the George Foreman, and cut them up and put them in w/ the stir-fry veggies in a big skilled - with a little Teriyaki sauce. yum! Now I'm going to have jello and whipped cream....

Tomorrow is hump day - then a downhill slide til the weekend! Y'all have a wonderful evening - puter battery is low, need to plug it in! G'nite!
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Res: That's the kind of greek yogurt I have had and it wasn't bad. The okios. your dinner sounds good too. Everybody's food is sounding good to me. LOL

VERY tired. Baby just left. Going to hit the couch!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    To the pretty lady with the pretty hat..... Res........ . My walmart has another brand out and is only 2.98 for 16 oz. It is called Athenos. plain greek strained yogurt. nearly all of the greek yogurt just have 5 g. of carbs Non fat. Its really good with berries. and low sodium too. But fruit is not on my list now. It will be awhile. That might have been a sale price Cottage cjheese is real high in sodium. Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    good morning. my friends.

Today is grocer store day. need to restock my greek yogurt. supply.
    Really enjpy my chicken veggie soup yesterday.

Today is attack day. no veggies today. just lean meat and yogurt.

Breakfast:
    1 scramble egg with non fat cheese, 1/4 greek yogur tcoffee 2 glass crystal light orange drink.

Lunch:
    deli ham,1/2 c non fat cottage cheese and 1 container of sugar free Jello., tea

Snack:
    glass of non fat milk

Supper
    grilled fish, cottage cheese . tea

Snack. if hungry
    greek yogurt, Jello
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!

Sorry for going MIA yesterday but I didn't have much of a choice-I had the migraine from hell hit me yesterday. On the pain scale of 1-10 it rocked out at well over a 10. I went into work for a couple of hours and ended up going home; I was nauseous, vomiting, just a straight up mess yesterday. Looks like all of the stress finally took its toll on me.

I'm so happy to see everyone doing well!!

I like the greek yogurt myself, but not the plain, I prefer it with the fruit in it. As far as brand, I haven't tried the Oikos-I love the Chobani!! I very much dislike the Fage-very odd taste to me.

So far I haven't gotten back on track-I was doing well up until yesterday. It looks like I'm just going to be a work in progress here for the next couple of weeks.

Today my goal is to get rid of the rest of this migraine and not get a rebound, to try my hardest to eat...and if my energy and head are up to it, to get in some sort of workout tonight, maybe just a light walking DVD and some yoga. I don't think I can handle any strength and interval training yet!!
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Hey, Marie! I'll definitely check for the Athenos - that's certainly a better price! Your menu for the day looks great! How did you find the Dr. Dukan diet?

SAVERY - Girlie, oh, you poor thing - migraines are the PITS - I hope you keep that rebound headache at bay - sometimes those are worse! You'll do just fine getting back on the wagon....

JOY - Aw, did that poor wittle baby wear you out? LOL - I know you've gotta be tired - kids are great, but that age they are a handful!

Ok, to work for me - as always got a ton of stuff to do and not enough hours to get it all done.....
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Res. it came out in the women World magazine a souple weeks ago. i read the article and decided to go for it. I never did beleive in ll the fat in adkins so never went on it. This seems pretty simple and I like all foods. Will stay on it unless for health reason it does not agree with me. ?But so far OK. Just wish I can get my HANDS ON ONE OF HIS BOOK.tHEIR ARE SO MANY ARTICLE ON THE WB SITE eVEN FOUND SOME ON FACEBOOK. Canada is coing out with an english verson Have my name on the waiting list.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9781444710328/The-Dukan-Diet
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Mornin' eveyrbody!!

Savery: Hope you have a better day today!!

Calie....thanks for those menus .... sound good. I will be doing meat and yogurt today, and reading more of the articles I've found about that plan.

Res....have a good day at work.

Where is everybody else. I was only down another 0.2 today, so won't bother changing my ticker until it's worth the time. LOL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!:bigsmile: