When to delete inactive friends...

Options
Go_Mizzou99
Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
I say 7 days of inactivity unless they are on vacation or something. What do you think? ... unless you are a "dead friend" hoarder - then I don't care what you think.

giphy.gif

Replies

• pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If someone's been gone for months, sure. /shrug

7 days seems a bit extreme, but it's your FL
  • myuhmaya
    myuhmaya Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had a friends list in the hundreds and I went inactive for many months and most of those *kitten* abandoned me!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty lenient so I wait 3 months.
  • sch1994
    sch1994 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wait around 30 days and then delete them,
  • Spewze72
    Spewze72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    7 days isn't long...I don't have many friends on here, I keep my FL list short and sweet so I know who everyone is, can keep,track and can be more genuine when commenting!!

That said...if someone has been inactive for more than about 30 days I might delete them, mainly to try and keep the list current...nothing personal.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I wait 1 month then bye bye
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I give it a month usually. Unless I have had a good amount of contact with them before, then I keep holding on in pathetic hope that they will return
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    7 days if we never actually interacted at all, 14 days if there was some superficial interaction (likes, a comment or two). If I talked to them a lot before they disappeared then pretty much indefinitely.
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    A month, if I even ever bother looking through my FL to check. I don't care, honestly. Some people get really riled up about this sort of thing and I'm not sure why.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    a month
  • sstevenson2233
    sstevenson2233 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    7 days is a bit harsh for example I am going on a honeymoon for 2 weeks and I will of course try to check in here and there but I can guarantee it. I hope I don't lose all my friends on here because of it!!
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I find all this (damn hard to type when I see greeneyes0809 pic) friend dumping, deleting, posting on feeds people's names and should I accept them as friends childish. Everyone has their own reasons for being absence ranging from family issues, work, etc. Though you also have your rights to deleting people. However just do it, dont talk about it.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    7 days. 10 max.

The only exception is if I know they are on vacation or in ICU or something along those lines.
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I give it 2 months. At 14 days, I send them a "You can do it! Come Back!" post. and message At 2 months, with no reply, I drop them.

When I first did MFP a long time ago, I did it religiously for a month, and then stopped for about 6 months. Then got back on for a few weeks and dropped it again for more than 6 months. Now I've been on for more than 2 months, and find that it is a great place to centralize a lot of my different fitness app information. I'm utilizing it a lot more and using it to help me monitor my buildup to a marathon this fall. So I think I'm in it for a long time this time, but I do understand people dropping off for an extended period.
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Why delete them at all? If they are inactive they are not clogging up your news feeds or anything? Maybe they fell off the wagon and then when they come back they will be bummed find they have no friends for support again. A lot deleted me as well when I was inactive for a few months.
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    There is no rule on how long you should wait before you defriend someone for thier lack of activity on MFP. It's your MFP account, so whatever you feel is appropriate to keep you going/motiviated and successful.

I usually give them a few months. But that is just my own personal preference. :-)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Depends, did I actually like them? If so, I can wait months.

If they were just there? 2 to 3 days.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    3 weeks or more... unless they have posted they are gonna be out for a bit due to life... it happens...