Getting below 20% BF - do you HAVE to eat "Clean"?

Options
124»

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I find that ice cream thread slightly obnoxious.

Also I'd like to get to a point I could do that; however I don't think I would flaunt it.

What the heck is so obnoxious about eating ice cream???

^ I would like to know this as well. I would probably use the word delicious but ya know. Different strokes? :/

Exactly! I think I will have some delicious ice cream tonight. I hope that isn't too obnoxious.

I already ate mine. :sad:

I'll think of you while I eat my pint of Talenti hazelnut ♡♡♡. Maybe I'll eat it loudly so at least my husband will find ice cream obnoxious

Woah calm down people...no one else gets annoyed by certain threads in MFP? Just a personal opinion. Not telling anyone not to do it if they want to and in fact it gives me something to shoot for. In the meantime, it is still kind of annoying to see a thread about people eating ice cream every single day for a month. I only clicked on it once to see what it was about. Not apologizing for having an opinion.

But your opinion is wrong. I really think you should apologize for it. 'Cause it's wrong. So you should apologize. Did I mention that your opinion is wrong?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Also I'd like to get to a point I could do that; however I don't think I would flaunt it.

^ I would like to know this as well. I would probably use the word delicious but ya know. Different strokes? :/

Exactly! I think I will have some delicious ice cream tonight. I hope that isn't too obnoxious.

I'll think of you while I eat my pint of Talenti hazelnut ♡♡♡. Maybe I'll eat it loudly so at least my husband will find ice cream obnoxious

Woah calm down people...no one else gets annoyed by certain threads in MFP? Just a personal opinion. Not telling anyone not to do it if they want to and in fact it gives me something to shoot for. In the meantime, it is still kind of annoying to see a thread about people eating ice cream every single day for a month. I only clicked on it once to see what it was about. Not apologizing for having an opinion.

Annoying because...why?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    12-14% bodyfat, not eaten clean for the duration.
    I do ensure I get plenty of protein, my main meal is very nutrient dense, I eat lots of vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, sweet potato, eggs and such things. But I also have chocolate, cake, cookies, popcorn, ice cream and pizza.
    Oh, and as to fat, I regularly intake 80g of fat, and it has done me no harm. I find it satiating.

I'm glad to hear this (and that other people are eating this much fat) I was over here thinking I was some crazy fat eating nut or something.

This calls for celebratory cheese.

I'm getting about 50 grams now and it seems really low for me. For months I've averaged at least 60.

I hit 89g today *shifty eyes*

:cry:

I admit though-- the higher carbs are helping me kill my workouts.

Carbs? What are carbs?

If I'd eaten fish instead of pizza, like I'd orignally planned, I would have been under 125 grams of carbs today. It's not my fault though, the fat...it calls to me

Carbs are the other delicious macro. We can't I build muscles out of nothing but carbs and fat? :grumble:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

2e39yir.gif
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm not under 20% BF (yet) but I haven't eaten clean in order to lose fat so far and I don't plan on doing so in the future.

Also, fat is the best macro. Oddly enough I thought I hadn't been getting that much lately when I hover around 45-55g/day as opposed to when I can get up to 80 or 90.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    They say abs are made in the kitchen.... I dunno when I got down to 19%, what worked for me was eating enough to create a slight deficit (350-490 cals). All I cared about was having my protein up.. I ate bacon and eggs everyday and my abs peeked through a bit. *shrug*
  • michelleamhill
    michelleamhill Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What are Macros in reference to diet?

Protein, Carbs, and Fat are the 3 most commonly referenced macros. Alcohol is a special thing all it's own, but generally not being discussed when one is talking about macros.

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...to catch up later...

...and because I coincidentally am at ~20% BF myself.