Teen girl kicked out of Planet Fitness

Options

Replies

• RoxyDisaster
    RoxyDisaster Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    So I go to this gym because its down the street from my house and let me tell you some of the things the people wear there are 1000000% worse than that. You can't even see any skin! Shes wearing normal clothes. Makes no sense
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness: home of the purple burkha . . . can't let them womenz excite the menfolk . . .

I dunno... if head scarfs aren't allowed, I'm not sure how that would apply to burkha's.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/planet-fitness-kicked-muslim-woman-wearing-headscarf-lawsuit-article-1.1730411

Okay, how about Planet Fitness: The Goldilocks, not too many clothes and not too few clothes, but just the right amount of clothes for how we feel at the moment, Gym? Kinda rolls off the tongue, no?

YES! and Goldilocks Gym is a nice counterpart to Gold's Gym in a matchy matchy his and hers kind of way.
  • mailroomclerk
    Options
    lunk alert, rererererrerereerer!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    How is that scantily clad? I've seen people running in public with less.

When did it become policy for a gym to require people to wear sleeves? Oh wait. I forgot. PF isn't a gym. My bad....carry on.
  • White_n_Nerdy
    White_n_Nerdy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    She's wearing more clothes than several of the people I saw around campus today!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I have become extremely curious to see pictures of Planet Fitness with members inside working out who did NOT get kicked out.

Anyone able to find those?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I have become extremely curious to see pictures of Planet Fitness with members inside working out who did NOT get kicked out.

Only pics of the members eating pizza . . .
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is a joke. The 'No Judgment Zone' really means " we judge you if you are not a fat out of shape person b/c people I good shape intimidate us"
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    dress-code1.jpg?w=560

LOL...it LITERALLY says "all subject to our judgement"! Ahahahahaha. It's almost like one of the makers of the signs found a new word in the dictionary "Judgement" and decided to use it on EVERY sign in one way or another. "Judgement" free zone. "subject to our Judgement" etc etc.

Haylair.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Only pics of the members eating pizza . . .

...incoming?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    jimgaffigan.jpg

is this one of the owners?
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Judgement free my *kitten*! When I get down to my goal weight, just try to keep me out of tank tops! :)
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    "Planet Fitness prohibits members from wearing “jeans, work boots, bandanas, skull caps or revealing apparel."

AND…racer back tanks…and head scarves. How about sweat bands? Head bands? How about regular tanks? Would they be OK?? But they would reveal my arms. (gasp) And I have 2!!! How 'bout shorts? Then I'd be revealing my legs. (double gasp)

Turtle necks and sweat pants. But, in a big size so it doesn't cling anywhere. Sorry….but that is ridiculous!! :ohwell:
  • happiimilk
    happiimilk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bwuaha, at least she got a free lifetime from someone else. <3 Who needs haters.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    While I totally feel for the ladies in the news stories, and my law school brain went racing down the First Amendment track....

I needed a good laugh today. THANK YOU!:laugh:

(Also the life time membership elsewhere is priceless!)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Proper workout attire.

SiennaMiller.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    While I totally feel for the ladies in the news stories, and my law school brain went racing down the First Amendment track....

I needed a good laugh today. THANK YOU!:laugh:

(Also the life time membership elsewhere is priceless!)

I'm sorry I don't remember the First Amendment? Was it freedom of thong, or else I get a free lifetime memberships elsewhere?
  • DawnT62
    DawnT62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    OMG! I go to this PF once in a while with my mom and sister! I actually belong to a different gym near my home. I have been in and out of Gyms for a few years now. (Mostly I strength train.) I have never, even when I bravely lifted my first Olympic bar, felt intimidated. Except at PF. I actually think we set off the "Lunk Alarm" once when I was showing my mom and sis how to breath during a press!

Of course you run into the occasional slob or snob anywhere there are people. However, I have found gym people, muscle machines, skinny, or fat, to be the most non-judgmental, helpful and supportive people you will find.

I am sorry that this gym sees fit to promote such lies.
  • detarrevo
    detarrevo Posts: 45
    Options
    Wow, she looks fine, I see people dressed in less each day I go to school.
    In my gym class at school girls wore even less than that all the time and not a single coach had a problem with it.