Teen girl kicked out of Planet Fitness

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    "Planet Fitness prohibits members from wearing “jeans, work boots, bandanas, skull caps or revealing apparel."

AND…racer back tanks…and head scarves. How about sweat bands? Head bands? How about regular tanks? Would they be OK?? But they would reveal my arms. (gasp) And I have 2!!! How 'bout shorts? Then I'd be revealing my legs. (double gasp)

Turtle necks and sweat pants. But, in a big size so it doesn't cling anywhere. Sorry….but that is ridiculous!! :ohwell:

Sorry, not allowed: http://runningwithmickey.com/tag/planet-fitness-code/

I'd be kicked out... I always wear an Under Armour head band. I'd overheat in a baseball hat & it doesn't keep the hair out of my face as well.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I'll never be a member at PF. My booty and shapely thighs in my workout pants would make a lot of people uncomfortable. I can see if she came in wearing a thong and a sports bra, but geesh, chicks wear stuff like this to the gym everyday!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    What is their stance on moose knuckle?
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Lol, poor girl. She looks like she couldn't contain her laughter in the pics, though.
  • kycfj
    kycfj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Granted, it's Planet Fitness

But I saw no where in the article stating the photos were of the outfit in question. With these types of news stories you almost always are getting one side of the story. Majority of the time, the business must limit what they comment on for fear of bad p.r. or possible litigation,

Seems she either failed to do her research before deciding which gym to join and paid the price (Assuming the story & photos are true) Or

Another one of these "the rules don't apply to me" half truth stories, probably not even the same outfit,, how dare you treat me like this....blah blah blah

Whatever the case,, no sympathy to be found here
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness isn't even a gym. It's just a place for *kitten* to go and feel sorry for themselves.

You deserve your own DYEL meme.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Maybe I would get kicked out because I would intimdate people with my head band.
  • erikasmith2013
    Options
    I strongly suspect there is more to this story. I suspect she had the tank removed and was in the sports bra and leggings when someone complained. Even so, that is IMO okay gym attire even without the tank and so it's just sad and weird that this gym can't seem to be accepting of people in their "judgement free" zone.

They are bizarre.

No there is not more to the story bc I live here very close to the gym she was going to and I have a membership at Planet Fitness as well and they do have a bunch of rules however I have seen MUCH worst at the gym and what she was wearing wasn't bad at all.
  • erikasmith2013
    Options
    Well, I guess I'll never be a member at PF. My booty and shapely thighs in my workout pants would make a lot of people uncomfortable. I can see if she came in wearing a thong and a sports bra, but geesh, chicks wear stuff like this to the gym everyday!

I totally agree... I was told by them one time that I couldn't wear a bandanna I had on my head, and I laughed and said watch me keep it on. Never had another issue after that!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    My sister works out at Planet Fitness and did mention that she stands out because she wears "workout clothes" most there are wearing big T-shirts and sweat pants. I guess if you wear compression or yoga pants with dry fit tanks, you might be calling too much attention to yourself, LOL.

21525558.png
  • tx_chik
    tx_chik Posts: 6
    Options
    Really who cares o_O
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Really who cares o_O

People who do.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Maybe I would get kicked out because I would intimdate people with my head band.

Those newfangled head doodads are some intimidating s*** - I mean, when I am working out I get really sad that I don't look as good in one as that other chick.

/sarcasm
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Proper workout attire.

SiennaMiller.jpg

I see calf/lower leg!!!!! Nope…not proper. Higher socks :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lol!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Oh why Oh why Oh why don't they have a planet fitness here that I could try and get kicked out of!?!

Descrimination!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    So much for a "Judgment free zone". Its all fun and games, until they have no members left. :huh:
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    While I totally feel for the ladies in the news stories, and my law school brain went racing down the First Amendment track....

I needed a good laugh today. THANK YOU!:laugh:

(Also the life time membership elsewhere is priceless!)

I'm sorry I don't remember the First Amendment? Was it freedom of thong, or else I get a free lifetime memberships elsewhere?

Freedom of Religion? The one lady said she was Muslim.

The other lady not so much. I think PF should be held accountable for making her feel judged. But over all I was more laughing at myself because my first reaction was to analysis it like a test question. So just being a dork.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I feel like ALL gyms are critical... people stare at my camel toe ALL the time... hahaha!!

this article is so funny... I usually wear baggy sweats and a regular shirt though... i don't dress very nicely... but i do wear make up... not heavy make up but lip stick and eye stuff... cuz i do other stuff before the gym..
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm a dood and I regularly show elbows and kneecaps. I also carry (not wear) a fanny pack for my gloves, towel, etc. Guess I'd get kicked out too.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Seriously? You can barely see any skin. I dress way more "scantily" than that at the gym and most definitely more scantily for bike rides.