Scared to lose my breasts when i lose all the weight

Options

Replies

• christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes, you may lose your boobs, they are fatty tissue. My husband used to say the same thing, he loved my big boobs, he loved my big butt. Thing is, since I've begun losing weight he still loves my body, and now, so do I. He also loves that I have more energy, and that I am happier with the way I look, smaller boobs and all.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot of boobage. Was sitting at DD/E and now I'm a D. band size when from 38 to 34. I haven't heard any complaints from the men folk though.

Or the lady folk. :love: :wink:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Would you rather be in shape, with smaller breasts? Or fat, with fat boobs?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You will likely lose some. But keep in mind that your body will be getting smaller too, so your boobs will probably stay pretty much in proportion. If you've been a healthy weight as an adult that's a good prediction of what you'll end up with.

Actually mine are bigger proportionately now-- I started out a 36C, went down to a 34B (not positive that this was ever really the right size for me but I digress), but then kept losing around my rib cage and ended up a 32D.

In the middle I did get kind of down about them so I went and got some pretty push-up bras and I started focusing on other things about myself that had vastly improved with weight loss. I had a bit of an adjustment period, which is normal and expected when you change your entire appearance.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I went down to my normal size of b cup..I love it...hated have those things on my chest...

chances are if you lose weight you will return to your "normal size"
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Simple, you just need to ask yourself this: Would you rather be fat with big boobs or fit with small boobs? The choice is yours.

Personally, I think having DD breasts would be a huge hassle. I have quite a few friends with big boobs and all they do is complain that their backs hurt or they have to go to the "fat people store" (their words, not mine) aka Lane Bryant to find bras that fit, and that they have to buy shirts two sizes too big just to fit their breasts. Not to mention not being able to find supportive swimsuits and the inevitable sagging that comes with a big chest. I'd be glad they shrunk. I've always been small chested, so no worries there. My husband jokes, "anything more than a handful is a waste." There are no other men I'm looking to impress with my boobs, so it works out.

You just need to decide if your health or your boobs are more important to you. Considering you used the word "devastated" when considering losing your big breasts, I'd say you may be a little too caught up in that and not nearly as caught up in being at a healthy weight. I really hope there's no worry that your husband will leave you if your boobs shrink, because if that is a concern, you need to find yourself a new husband. My husband would rather I be healthy than have a huge rack.

Hey, there's always implants.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Haven't you ever heard the phrase 'big boobs don't count if you're fat' ?

Just an excuse. Also if big boobs were the main thing that attracted men, there would be a lot more single flat chested women in the world.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, when you decide to get preggo, they'll be back.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Your health is far more important than your boobs. Get healthy and meet your goals. See what happens, you might be surprised.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any of my boobs. I actually went down in band size and up in cup size because I lost fat around my ribcage and back, but the boobs themselves are the same volume. So I went from 36C to a 34DD and they look much bigger from the fat loss around my ribcage.

Just because you were a B or C as a teenage doesn't mean that's your adult 'default' size. My boobs gained volume until my mid-twenties.
  • 281Danielle
    281Danielle Posts: 113
    Options
    I can promise you your husband isn't with you just because of your boobs and chances are if you lose them he will still love you that same. I was scared of this too and the extra skin and talked with my husband about it and honestly he'd rather me be healthy than have big boobs and stretched out skin. And I personally feel if I lose too much of my breast or have too much extra skin I can always get surgery to fix those things. I started out a 44DDD and now I'm a 40DDD, I know I personally will not have extremely small breast after I lose weight but I will probably go down to a D or C and I am completely ok with that. It is ok that you are worried about it just don't let it stop you from being healthy.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Mine are already shrinking. They were the first to go but I feel and look better and I am more confident. I always had smallish boobs growing up. It isn't the size that matters.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

Sure, but it'll probably be temporary. My sister was barely an A cup before she had a baby, went up to a C during and right after pregnancy, then went down to a B and stayed there until she finally lost the baby weight (10 years later) and now she's back into that A cup. She, like me, doesn't give a crap about having small boobs. A flat stomach is sexier than D cup breasts - no doubt about it.
  • harrisstacid
    harrisstacid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You won't necessarily lose them! A friend of mine was very thin, gained weight after a breakup, then lost it all slowly (the HEALTHY way) and her boobs stayed!!! It just depends on your body! BUT if you had maybe a C before that's not so small. I have faith that you'll be so in love with your new found heath and body your (maybe) smaller boobs won't be bothersome. Best of luck to you!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body type, but if you were a B or C when you were thin, I'm guessing you'll end up the same.
  • kitlynnJ
    kitlynnJ Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Perhaps OP has no plans to have kids.

While my boobs were bigger while pregnant and breast feeding, they are now a bit smaller than pre pregnancy, so just because they will get larger doesn't mean they will stay larger.
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Are boobs really that big of a deal?
    I'd rather be a titless fit chick with an *kitten* over a fatty with some boobs. Eh that's just me though.
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You'll problably gonna lose some breast (maybe not as much as you think) You will also gonna win way more than you lose. Health, strength, self confidence, new clothes... The list is endless.
    I won't lie, you will miss them if you do lose some. But the gains by far overcome the loss.

And, as I will in the very near future, you can buy them back. I'll be a double D again in no time. It's gonna be perfect! There's always a solution!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Just reiterating what others have already said…

It's an understandable fear, but don't let it stop you from losing weight and being healthy.
    While your cup and band size will change, so will the rest of your body.
    If they're not big enough for you and your husband's liking, there's always implants.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Are boobs really that big of a deal?
    I'd rather be a titless fit chick with an *kitten* over a fatty with some boobs. Eh that's just me though.

I know I love you.