• discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have lost 61 lbs and I still have my d size boobs. :-/
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Are boobs really that big of a deal?
    I'd rather be a titless fit chick with an *kitten* over a fatty with some boobs. Eh that's just me though.

THIS X 2. I couldn't agree more! :drinker:
  • mamabanana
    mamabanana Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I guess it really depends on your genetics. I have lost 14lbs and my husband says it looks like my boobs have gotten bigger. The reality is that my belly has gotten smaller. so far my bra sized has not changed too much yet.
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was a B cup when I met my boyfriend four years ago. He prefers boobs and butt to be a good size comparable to body frame. So when I started losing, my butt was first to shrink. He's not happy about it, but he's excited to see me back down to the size I was when we met. I was much more flexible then and he's really excited about it. Honestly, I would rather go back to a b cup anyway.
    If your husband loves you he won't mind it happening.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, when you decide to get preggo, they'll be back.

Perhaps OP has no plans to have kids.

While my boobs were bigger while pregnant and breast feeding, they are now a bit smaller than pre pregnancy, so just because they will get larger doesn't mean they will stay larger.

Or they may not change much at all. Mine were only slightly bigger during both pregnancies and while breastfeeding. I never had to buy a different size, and post-bfing, I'm still the same size I was before and during pregnancy.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    (sigh)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I think it's kind of unfair to say (or imply) that it shouldn't matter. Most of us have one physical trait that's important to us, whether it's having a fantastic butt, having visible abs, or even having big boobs. It's easy to say "being healthy should be more important" and sure, it should. But I don't think that means no one should ever worry about what they end up with appearance wise. And I think a large part of the anxiety comes from the fact that a person has little control over their boobs, unlike butts or abs. There's surgery but that's very expensive and isn't going to be an option for everyone.

TL;DR just because boobs aren't important to you personally, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be important to the OP.
  • kitlynnJ
    kitlynnJ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, when you decide to get preggo, they'll be back.

Perhaps OP has no plans to have kids.

While my boobs were bigger while pregnant and breast feeding, they are now a bit smaller than pre pregnancy, so just because they will get larger doesn't mean they will stay larger.

Or they may not change much at all. Mine were only slightly bigger during both pregnancies and while breastfeeding. I never had to buy a different size, and post-bfing, I'm still the same size I was before and during pregnancy.

Very true! Pregnancy and breastfeeding are no guarantee for bigger boobs.
  • mindiv
    mindiv Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mine entirely disappeared. From a 38D to a 32B, and what's worse is I have to wear a C cup, which is too big now on top for my lack of boobage, in order to hold the loose skin left behind that never went away. :/

It's a small price to pay for being healthier though. I won't wear a swimsuit because they don't fit right. I can't wear cute bras anymore. In fact, my self-confidence when it comes to my body is entirely SHOT after losing weight, but I want to be healthier so I'm giving up being naked in front of my husband pretty much.

Just have to decide what you want more...a healthy, longer life or boobs.

It's also not true that they'll "come back" if/when you get pregnant. Mine barely grew a cup size, temporarily right at the start of my pregnancy, and if anything they got SMALLER after the baby came.
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    Let me give you a slightly different perspective, and I apologize in advance if this comes across as b*tchy.

I'm a breast cancer survivor. Four years ago I had roughly 1/3 of my left breast removed, followed by seven weeks of radiation. After the trauma of surgery and rads I opted not to have reconstruction, consequently "the girls" don't match. My surgeon gave me the option of reducing the unaffected breast so they would be proportionate.

My husband told me that I meant more to him than a pair of boobs, matching or otherwise. In the end what should matter most is your health.

Edited because I can't spell today.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Are boobs really that big of a deal?
    I'd rather be a titless fit chick with an *kitten* over a fatty with some boobs. Eh that's just me though.

Ditto!
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Let me give you a slightly different perspective, and I apologize in advance if this comes across as b*tchy.

I'm a breast cancer survivor. Four years ago I had roughly 1/3 of my left breast removed, followed by seven weeks of radiation. After the trauma of surgery and rads I opted not to have reconstruction, consequently "the girls" don't match. My surgeon gave me the option of reducing the unaffected breast so they would be proportionate.

My husband told me that I meant more to him that a pair of boobs, matching or otherwise. In the end what should matter most is your health.

And, this is the #1 answer. Thank you for your honesty and for bringing us back from outer space. Glad you are still here with us and you have an awesome mate.

:flowerforyou:
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You will more than likely look better overall to your husband with a great body. Plus, you will feel better and be more healthy. Elliot Hulse said one time. And this was more about skinny guys who just cut for abs than your situation but it may put things into perspective. I'm also not calling you fat cause I have never seen you. But, abs on a skinny guy are like big boobs on a fat chick. It just doesn't count. Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Personally, I find "fat boobs" to be very unattractive. I'm referring to people who are not naturally large chested but become so when they gain weight. I have a friend who is a C when at a normal weight but a DD when she is obese. Her breasts are "wide" when she is heavy, for lack of a better term.

Be happy with what is yours naturally. Put cocoa butter on your breasts, belly, thighs after every shower to help with skin elasticity as you lose weight. Work out your chest muscles (bench press, pushups, planks) to give a little natural lift to your breasts.
  • indignantgnome
    indignantgnome Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's all genetics. If you like them so much, then get implants after you lose weight.

This is my intention. Surgery scares the crap out of me, but having boobs I don't like scares me more.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I wish mine had shrunk.

I went from 38DD/DDD (E/F) to 34F/32G.
  • ericalyn73
    Options
    You're going to lose your boobs. When you get to goal, reward yourself w/ implants.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Have not read previous replies but my thoughts are -a) you can't really compare to when you were a teenager because maybe your tata's weren't done growing ;) b) when I was younger (I'm in my 40's now) weight loss did not really impact my cup size. c) my cup size has shrunk this time around. I mourned them for a few weeks and now I'm over it. I figure smaller boobs on a lean frame look just as hot as big boobs on a fluffly frame. :) I think the things age, nursing, and time have done are harder to accept than the cup size but what can I do about that? Not a damn thing! lol
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    if your boobs got bigger as you did then they may well shrink with you too
    but the rest of you will be shrinking as well

I'm a 30 JJ - i'm really looking forward to coming down one or two cup sizes so that I can find better fitting swim suits and sports bras which will enable me to be more active and healthy - I also have serious back problems and had previously considered breast reduction - so a littleless weight on top may help me avoid that

everyone's different - I used to hate my big boobs, and my husband had helped me accept that they're part of me, with the attitude that he has helped me develop I now also see that if I want to be healtiers, I should expect changes to happed in how i look (some better some worse) and understand that is will probably take me a little time to get used to those changes - but I intend to be proud that while my growth (to fat) was uncontious and unaware, my loss back to healthy and active has been a result of hard work and persistence

it's all about goals, and how you prioritise health and looks
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have about 60 pounds to lose before i get to my goal weight. The last time i was at my goal weight was when i was a teenager, and my boobs were either a B or C cup, i can't really remember for sure what size, but they weren't very big. Now, i'm either a D or DD depending on the bra, but needless to say they are much bigger and i LOVE the size they are now. I feel like they are the perfect size for me, or my preference at least, and i would be devastated to lose them. I know i'm gonna get this comment so i'll just go ahead and say this now before someone else does. Yes, i know there are much more important things in life than just looks, and yes i know that boobs aren't the only thing that make you attractive, but me personally, i just have a thing with boobs. I guess it's because i know that the main sexual turn on for a guy is boobs, and the bigger the better for most guy. My husband being one of those guys. My husband is always commenting on how much he likes big boobs, mine especially, he loves that i have big boobs, and i feel like i would be less attractive to him is they shrunk. Thoughts?

I for one am not that big on the visual aspect of the boobies as much as the enduring love I receive from my wife. Yes, she had some nice ones when she was pregnant but they always went away when the breastfeeding was done. She is a marathon runner and health nut so I do not expect her to have enormous mellons; nor do I expect her to get enhancements.

Now, you have to build a decision tree of your own based on priorities; for instance.
    Important - Better health, longevity, attractiveness to spouse, satisfaction with the you in the mirror, boobs, weight loss, etc.

Unimporant - Poor health, heart disease, medications, not satisfied with you in the mirror, tiny boobs, etc.

Choices: lose weight and boobs, lose weight and enhance boods medically, stay healthy and keep boobs, etc.

I believe your health is more important.