Diet coke/pepsi addiction...HELP!!

Options

Replies

• kaylagaston1390
    kaylagaston1390 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you'd actually watched the videos, you'd see the proof. Explanation of what aspartame is, where it came from, tests done on animals to reveal adverse effects, doctor testimonials and most importantly the people who have become ill. These are professionals in these videos to raise awareness. So, how about this. For some scientific research, go ahead and consume as much of this junk as you can and continue living in the dark. Be the lab rat living in la la land part of the sheeple.
    Dang, for the 25+ years I've been drinking it, you'd have thought by now I'd see a tumor, diabetes, cancer, etc. Maybe I should ask my mom who just turned 88, is healthy, and has been drinking diet soda since the 70's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

There are also many subtle changes in your body you wouldn't immediately think to relate to your soda or what have you. Just like smoking, NOT EVERYONE gets the big cancer. But, there are other negative symptoms.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of sources, but I find it important for people to do their own research. It's simple. I just replied to this thread trying to help and I get attacked, asked to prove my point and then get criticized for that. No one is watching these videos obviously, everything said can be found in documents as well, but it's all put in your face and made simple to understand. Like, there are doctors in these videos and people find it funny that is the method I chose? Oh well.
    Not attacked but QUESTIONED because the "sources" you've provided aren't PEER REVIEWED CLINICAL STUDIES. Give an actual abstract backing the claims you've stated.
    Dr. Oz is a doctor. I don't take his word seriously on nutrition at all.

IDEA Fitness member
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yes, diet pepsi contains aspartame, something used to sweeten your drink instead of high calorie sugar. But aspartame is responsible for everything you're feeling and here is why:
    SOME THINGS CAUSED BY ASPARTAME CONSUMPTION

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

If what you're consuming has aspartame in it, don't consume it. It's a poison, like flouride. Unfortunately it can be masked with different words on the ingredient list. But the more processed a food is, the more of this stuff is in it, you can bet on that. Are people that unaware that we are being killed off or debilitated?

If you really think diabetes is caused by aspartame you really need to read up on diabetes.

Are They Linked to Diabetes?
    As the sweet receptors in your esophagus and stomach are “tricked” by the zero-calorie substitutes, your pancreas is tricked into sending a false spike of insulin that can lead to insulin resistance. This can lead to diabetes. Also, since artificial sweeteners cause your body to crave more food, you can also put on weight, which further increases your risk for diabetes.

In addition to diabetes, artificial sweeteners may be contributing to a nationwide epidemic of metabolic syndrome, which includes diabetes-inducing insulin resistance, high blood pressure, and too much fat around the waistline.

It's not nice to plagiarize. If you took this information from someone else, you should credit the source. Just sayin'...
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just tagging, becuase I want to come back later and read all the....... "evidence".
  • ladykaisa
    Options
    double post
  • kaylagaston1390
    Options
    I have a lot of sources, but I find it important for people to do their own research. It's simple. I just replied to this thread trying to help and I get attacked, asked to prove my point and then get criticized for that. No one is watching these videos obviously, everything said can be found in documents as well, but it's all put in your face and made simple to understand. Like, there are doctors in these videos and people find it funny that is the method I chose? Oh well.

I've done extensive research on diabetes, because I have it. I have attended conferences with panels of doctors who dedicated their lives to diabetes research to find a cure. I have spoken for leadership conferences for the ADA and never once have I seem any studies, any research or any anything that would directly connect diabetes to the consumption of aspartame. So if you have something to share specifically linking the two I would love to see it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/artificial-sweeteners-tied-to-obesity-type-2-diabetes-1.1352987 But, I'm going to guess that isn't good enough either.
    So, here's some Dr.Oz. I actually took that first bit about diabetes from his site. Yes, it's from youtube, shoot me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrREVfx7W8g
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Yes, diet pepsi contains aspartame, something used to sweeten your drink instead of high calorie sugar. But aspartame is responsible for everything you're feeling and here is why:

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

If what you're consuming has aspartame in it, don't consume it. It's a poison, like flouride. Unfortunately it can be masked with different words on the ingredient list. But the more processed a food is, the more of this stuff is in it, you can bet on that. Are people that unaware that we are being killed off or debilitated?

If you really think diabetes is caused by aspartame you really need to read up on diabetes.

As the sweet receptors in your esophagus and stomach are “tricked” by the zero-calorie substitutes, your pancreas is tricked into sending a false spike of insulin that can lead to insulin resistance. This can lead to diabetes. Also, since artificial sweeteners cause your body to crave more food, you can also put on weight, which further increases your risk for diabetes.

In addition to diabetes, artificial sweeteners may be contributing to a nationwide epidemic of metabolic syndrome, which includes diabetes-inducing insulin resistance, high blood pressure, and too much fat around the waistline.
    http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/what-can-i-drink.html

What Can I Drink?

Food often takes center stage when it comes to diabetes. But don't forget that the beverages you drink can also have an effect on your weight and blood glucose!

We recommend choosing zero-calorie or very low-calorie drinks. This includes:

Water
    Unsweetened teas
    Coffee
    Diet soda
    Other low-calorie drinks and drink mixes

You can also try flavoring your water with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice for a light, refreshing drink with some flavor. All of these drinks provide minimal calories and carbohydrate.
    - See more at: http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/what-can-i-drink.html#sthash.zSdJlick.dpuf

So if diet soda is FINE by the ADA, then how can it CAUSE diabetes? You need actual sources and not hypothetical or pseudoscience ones.

IDEA Fitness member
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    YouTube!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Just because it is on YouTube doesn't make it true..
    2m6615s.jpg

Watch the video before you judge that, goodness me. There are doctors speaking of it in them. Not everything you read is true either, I can trust a video of a doctor more than a random article.

Someone on a video with an MD, or PHD .....so what? Do you know what school they attended (was it accredited even).....what their field of study was. Were they paid for their appearance in the video. Some doctors are quacks....I remember reading about a dentist being sued for malpractice......he was doing liposuction!!
  • kaylagaston1390
    Options

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

It's not nice to plagiarize. If you took this information from someone else, you should credit the source. Just sayin'...

So forget what all that said, and let's focus on the fact I didn't source it. Nice distraction there, I got it from Dr.Oz's site. I finally gave you your TEXT evidence that you needed something to put me down on, well there you go.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    There is this hole....and it keeps getting deeper.....and deeper......
  • kaylagaston1390
    Options

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/what-can-i-drink.html

What Can I Drink?

Food often takes center stage when it comes to diabetes. But don't forget that the beverages you drink can also have an effect on your weight and blood glucose!

Water
    Unsweetened teas
    Coffee
    Diet soda

You can also try flavoring your water with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice for a light, refreshing drink with some flavor. All of these drinks provide minimal calories and carbohydrate.
    - See more at: http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/what-can-i-drink.html#sthash.zSdJlick.dpuf

So if diet soda is FINE by the ADA, then how can it CAUSE diabetes? You need actual sources and not hypothetical or pseudoscience ones.

IDEA Fitness member

That's an entirely higher level of information I don't think you're ready to handle, if you don't believe me and the sources about a chemically engineered artificial sweetener, you won't believe me when I say things like population control and power over the people.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    If you'd actually watched the videos, you'd see the proof. Explanation of what aspartame is, where it came from, tests done on animals to reveal adverse effects, doctor testimonials and most importantly the people who have become ill. These are professionals in these videos to raise awareness. So, how about this. For some scientific research, go ahead and consume as much of this junk as you can and continue living in the dark. Be the lab rat living in la la land part of the sheeple.
    Dang, for the 25+ years I've been drinking it, you'd have thought by now I'd see a tumor, diabetes, cancer, etc. Maybe I should ask my mom who just turned 88, is healthy, and has been drinking diet soda since the 70's.

IDEA Fitness member

There are also many subtle changes in your body you wouldn't immediately think to relate to your soda or what have you. Just like smoking, NOT EVERYONE gets the big cancer. But, there are other negative symptoms.
    I don't suffer from any of the effects you've stated are caused by diet soda. Neither do my parents who drink it. Making a statement that there are negative symptoms (what symptoms BTW?) is just an assumption with no backing.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    So forget what all that said, and let's focus on the fact I didn't source it. Nice distraction there, I got it from Dr.Oz's site. I finally gave you your TEXT evidence that you needed something to put me down on, well there you go.
    There's the problem right there: Dr. Oz. Let me guess...............................you believe in raspberry keytones and garcina cambosia too?

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

What Can I Drink?

Water
    Unsweetened teas
    Coffee
    Diet soda

IDEA Fitness member

That's an entirely higher level of information I don't think you're ready to handle, if you don't believe me and the sources about a chemically engineered artificial sweetener, you won't believe me when I say things like population control and power over the people.
    So now it's a CONSPIRACY? You've got to get me some of the stuff you're smoking.

IDEA Fitness member
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    this has actually become somewhat painful to watch.

however, im interested in the higher level of information that niner's not ready for.

illuminati?
  • ladykaisa
    Options

however, im interested in the higher level of information that niner's not ready for.

illuminati?

Hogwarts is real?
  • ninerbuff
    Options

illuminati?
    I want to be enlighted.........................................or as high as she is right now.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

Epilepsy is not caused by aspartame. Aspartame CAN decrease threshold in some epilepsy patients (meaning that seizures could be triggered more easily), but that is not even a little bit the same as causing epilepsy. I'm not going to even touch the others, I'd be here all day.

Before attacking other people's ability to do research, understand that many people here HAVE researched this thoroughly and have come to a different conclusion than you. You will not get anywhere in asserting your position with a condescending tone - much better to just link to some peer reviewed research (NOT blogs and youtube videos) that support your claim.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

You lost me at "Dr. Oz."
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

illuminati?

ALIENS