Diet coke/pepsi addiction...HELP!!

Options

Replies

• kaylagaston1390
    kaylagaston1390 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it.
    David Icke

Goodbye. Yes, go ahead and cheer. I win in the end.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it.
    David Icke

I'm having a really hard time getting a hold of some doses, do you think you can hook me up with that?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Yes, diet pepsi contains aspartame, something used to sweeten your drink instead of high calorie sugar. But aspartame is responsible for everything you're feeling and here is why:
    SOME THINGS CAUSED BY ASPARTAME CONSUMPTION

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

If what you're consuming has aspartame in it, don't consume it. It's a poison, like flouride. Unfortunately it can be masked with different words on the ingredient list. But the more processed a food is, the more of this stuff is in it, you can bet on that. Are people that unaware that we are being killed off or debilitated?

If you really think diabetes is caused by aspartame you really need to read up on diabetes.

Are They Linked to Diabetes?
    As the sweet receptors in your esophagus and stomach are “tricked” by the zero-calorie substitutes, your pancreas is tricked into sending a false spike of insulin that can lead to insulin resistance. This can lead to diabetes. Also, since artificial sweeteners cause your body to crave more food, you can also put on weight, which further increases your risk for diabetes.

In addition to diabetes, artificial sweeteners may be contributing to a nationwide epidemic of metabolic syndrome, which includes diabetes-inducing insulin resistance, high blood pressure, and too much fat around the waistline.
    http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/what-can-i-drink.html

What Can I Drink?

Food often takes center stage when it comes to diabetes. But don't forget that the beverages you drink can also have an effect on your weight and blood glucose!

We recommend choosing zero-calorie or very low-calorie drinks. This includes:

Water
    Unsweetened teas
    Coffee
    Diet soda
    Other low-calorie drinks and drink mixes

You can also try flavoring your water with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice for a light, refreshing drink with some flavor. All of these drinks provide minimal calories and carbohydrate.
    - See more at: http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/what-can-i-drink.html#sthash.zSdJlick.dpuf

So if diet soda is FINE by the ADA, then how can it CAUSE diabetes? You need actual sources and not hypothetical or pseudoscience ones.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

That's an entirely higher level of information I don't think you're ready to handle, if you don't believe me and the sources about a chemically engineered artificial sweetener, you won't believe me when I say things like population control and power over the people.
    IM HO TEP... IM HO TEP...
    DaBigMob.jpg
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    A little late to the party but...in...

jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    David Icke

I am salivating.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    David Icke

I am salivating.

That's just the aspartame
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Yes, diet pepsi contains aspartame, something used to sweeten your drink instead of high calorie sugar. But aspartame is responsible for everything you're feeling and here is why:

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

If what you're consuming has aspartame in it, don't consume it. It's a poison, like flouride. Unfortunately it can be masked with different words on the ingredient list. But the more processed a food is, the more of this stuff is in it, you can bet on that. Are people that unaware that we are being killed off or debilitated?

If you really think diabetes is caused by aspartame you really need to read up on diabetes.

Are They Linked to Diabetes?
    As the sweet receptors in your esophagus and stomach are “tricked” by the zero-calorie substitutes, your pancreas is tricked into sending a false spike of insulin that can lead to insulin resistance. This can lead to diabetes. Also, since artificial sweeteners cause your body to crave more food, you can also put on weight, which further increases your risk for diabetes.

In addition to diabetes, artificial sweeteners may be contributing to a nationwide epidemic of metabolic syndrome, which includes diabetes-inducing insulin resistance, high blood pressure, and too much fat around the waistline.
    http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/what-can-i-drink.html

What Can I Drink?

Food often takes center stage when it comes to diabetes. But don't forget that the beverages you drink can also have an effect on your weight and blood glucose!

We recommend choosing zero-calorie or very low-calorie drinks. This includes:

Water
    Unsweetened teas
    Coffee
    Diet soda
    Other low-calorie drinks and drink mixes

You can also try flavoring your water with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice for a light, refreshing drink with some flavor. All of these drinks provide minimal calories and carbohydrate.
    - See more at: http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/what-can-i-drink.html#sthash.zSdJlick.dpuf

So if diet soda is FINE by the ADA, then how can it CAUSE diabetes? You need actual sources and not hypothetical or pseudoscience ones.

IDEA Fitness member

That's an entirely higher level of information I don't think you're ready to handle, if you don't believe me and the sources about a chemically engineered artificial sweetener, you won't believe me when I say things like population control and power over the people.

tumblr_lex3s2CgQN1qe0eclo1_r9_500.gif
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    this has actually become somewhat painful to watch.

however, im interested in the higher level of information that niner's not ready for.

illuminati?

Hogwarts is real?

Wrong book. This is all Dan Brown.

Inferno was work of fact, not fiction.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    David Icke

Win what, exactly?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    David Icke

Win what, exactly?
    Teh Internetz.
  • homerjspartan
    Options
    David Icke

As you go away why do I picture it like Daffy Duck when he insanely hops away.

ae03v4.gif
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    David Icke

Win what, exactly?
    Teh Internetz.
    Of course. An oldie but a goodie:

someoneiswrongoninternet.jpg

EDIT: To the OP, I also vote caffeine or just a bad day.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for clinical research and got Dr Oz.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    David Icke

This explains it all. Maybe it's shedding time right now.

IDEA Fitness member
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    and i thought i believed in crazy stuff
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    You all know that the zombie apocalyse is going to happen right? Except diet soda will be what burns them.

IDEA Fitness member
  • lam123137
    lam123137 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gave up diet coke about two months ago. I felt the same way you did for the first two weeks or so. I had a headache due caffeine withdrawals. Since I gave up the artificial sweetener and not the caffeine I substituted the diet coke with another source of caffeine and that took care of the headaches and fatigue. I was also craving sugary drinks so I did some research and chose the drinks with the lowest amounts of sugar. Artificial sweetener really isn't safe to consume and if you're trying to eat healthy and rid your body of toxins than it should be avoided. I gave it up entirely. Its much healthier to consume natural, organic sugar (in reasonable amounts of course) than a chemical that your body isn't able to absorb. Research the long term affects of aspartame. It really isn't safe to consume at least on a regular basis. Good luck!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    You all know that the zombie apocalyse is going to happen right? Except diet soda will be what burns them.

IDEA Fitness member
    Diet soda will keep me awake while standing perimeter watch and allow me to focus better on getting good head shots.
  • homerjspartan
    Options
    and i thought i believed in crazy stuff

2558eut.gif
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

* birth defects
    * brain cancers
    * diabetes
    *emotional disorders
    *Epilepsy

tumblr_mfoli9jvM71s1a09qo1_400.gif

Wait! Is that Muppet having a seizure from the Epilepsy he developed from diet drinks??

As a person with epilepsy I just wanna say............That. Was. Friggin'! Hysterical!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Please note: diet drinks did not cause my epilepsy! Luckily, I prefer real sugar.