Long or short hair....which do you prefer?

Options

Replies

• DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is interesting hearing everyone's opinion.

I agree with a lot of you....it depends on the person, facial structures....and personality.

I see women who looks absolutely amazing in short hair...so confident, sexy, etc....I just don't know if that can be me. I don't even like my hair pulled up because I feel no so attractive. But again, it's my security blanket. Probably because I'm not happy with my weight. Who knows. ugh
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For most of my life, I've always had long hair. I'm at a point now where I'm ready for a change, but TERRIFIED of cutting my hair. Its almost like a security blanket to me.

What do you prefer?

You are gorgeous.... you could probably pull off bald! :flowerforyou:

Thanks! You're too sweet...:blushing:
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Long. Not even a contest.
    +1
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I prefer long hair. Always have. But lately i've become proficient at grabbing short hair as well...
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Long for me. I always regret it when I cut it short. Feels more "me" when it's long!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Is this thread for men? I grow mine out in the winter and cut it short when it starts to get hot. every year.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Long enough for someone to grab

How YOU doin?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Long
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I used to have hair that went to my booty, then chopped it all in one go to about 1" all over. My BF had long hair - it was driving him nuts, but he didn't want to cut it, so I did mine to show him it was srsly no big deal, it's just hair, and hair grows. Now he has smexy short hair, rowr.

I like long hair, and I'm growing mine out again, but it drives me nuts to see ladies with super long hair who don't take care of it. x_x Every time I see someone with free-flowing locks blowing around in a strong wind, I want to pull over, strap em down, braid it up, and let em go. Like I was a research scientist radio collaring bears. When mine was long, the only time I let it fly was at bellydance performances.

But this isn't the place for a hair rant, tra la la, nothing to see here. ^_^
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I always had very long hair and I would also get creative with braids. My husband loved it. Every once in a while I cut it to below my chin and above my shoulders (as it is now). My husband enjoys the change as well and seeing my neck. When my hair is long it has a slight wave and body. When it is short it gets more curly and bouncy.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I change my hair a lot. Donated 12 inches 3 years ago then kept it short for a few years, now growing out becuase I decided I miss pony tails.

Growing it out is a pain, just a warning.

But in general I like short. Long is over done. Short is different.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    anne-hathaway-pixie-haircut-brunch-at-saks.jpg
    ^^^ He's got a really hot sister with longer hair.
  • AstorMiles
    AstorMiles Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have had a very short pixie for five years. I LOVE it. My hair used to be a real pain to deal with, and it never looked that great anyway - it was frizzy, curly in all the wrong places, and thin. However, as a pixie it looks textured and well kept no matter what. Weather and humidity are never an issue anymore; going to the gym and getting ready for work in the morning are a breeze (literally - 60 seconds max); my hair is much healthier because I don't blow dry and flat iron the living lights out of it... I don't even care whether or not it looks good, but as it happens, most people raved for months when I finally cut it short. Also, I used to go to expensive salons to get it cut and recently found out that barbers will do a wonderful job (as long as you tell them to use scissors; otherwise it can look boxy) for a quarter of the price. I could go on and on about the virtues of short hair, but you get the idea... Good luck making your decision!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Long. It gets to my waist and I cut it to my shoulders.

I did the short hair thing several times when I was young -- I find long much easier to maintain.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I prefer short hair, because it's easier than dealing with than long. But it doesn't suit me. *sigh*
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    past shoulder length is preferred, but it depends on the woman \m/
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Long. Nothing against those with short hair, but it aint for me!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to grow it out and then chop it off. Then I remember WHY I keep it long and past my shoulders. If I cut it short, one side flips under, the other side flips out. No matter what I do, I can NOT keep both sides the same!