Long or short hair....which do you prefer?

Options

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I have had hair that was only maybe an inch long all the way to what it is now at my stomach

I prefer it longer I think for me
  • nmpx
    nmpx Posts: 76
    Options
    anne-hathaway-pixie-haircut-brunch-at-saks.jpg
    ^^^ He's got a really hot sister with longer hair.

Women can't have short hair?
    Didn't say that and it isn't a matter of can or can't... it's should or shouldn't. Anne is twice as attractive with long hair.
    anne-hathaway-long-to-short-hair-636.jpg

I agree, she does look more attractive with long hair.
  • PhantomMidnight
    PhantomMidnight Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Short hair! I cut mine from shoulder length to pixie last summer and I've loved it ever since! It's not for everyone, especially if you love your long hair, but if you have that inkling where you want to try going short, do it!! :)

Personally, short hair frames my face better, and it's easier to look chic or casual just from what you're wearing. (I have thick, straight hair that would frizz and flyaway and NOT hold a curl or style when it was long, so short is a lifesaver and I love it!)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Didn't say that and it isn't a matter of can or can't... it's should or shouldn't. Anne is twice as attractive with long hair.

I think she's beautiful with either hairstyle
    Anne would look beautiful wearing a doo rag and a moo moo, but the fact remains: she's still more attractive with long hair.

To you.

But maybe she doesn't care if you find her attractive. Maybe she wants to be different. Maybe she wants to present a different image to the media and potential employers. Maybe she knows the man in her life will lover her no matter what and just wants to use her hair as a fun accessory.

Being slightly more attractive to the male population in general is not a big motivator for some women. When my hair was short I knew most men probably didn't like. Even my husband didn't like it, but I did. It was fun, sporty, different, something I'd always wanted to try.

No I think every guy felt that way about Anne chopping her hair. You didn't care that your husband hated it?

Guess who has no say in my hairstyle? My husband.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    gijane.gif
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    At least long enough to be able to tuck behind the ears... or some reason, I find it adorable when a woman does that... does that make me weird?
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Anne would look beautiful wearing a doo rag and a moo moo, but the fact remains: she's still more attractive with long hair.

To you.

But maybe she doesn't care if you find her attractive. Maybe she wants to be different. Maybe she wants to present a different image to the media and potential employers. Maybe she knows the man in her life will lover her no matter what and just wants to use her hair as a fun accessory.

Being slightly more attractive to the male population in general is not a big motivator for some women. When my hair was short I knew most men probably didn't like. Even my husband didn't like it, but I did. It was fun, sporty, different, something I'd always wanted to try.

Never said she did care, personally don't care what she or others do with their hair, don't judge people by their appearance... I just pointed out the obvious and by your own admission supported it... Being slightly more attractive to the male population
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I will always have long hair, as short hair is not flattering on me. Plus, my husband needs something to grab onto sometimes. :wink: :love:
  • soberlicious
    soberlicious Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    4902_643068438546_668537_n.jpg

short ^. also, kind of a bad highlight job.

1234261_10101104000316326_1895838775_n.jpg

long ^.

i prefer long for me. i've done everything in between too.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I tend to prefer women who like men so I have to go with long hair!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options

To you.

No I think every guy felt that way about Anne chopping her hair. You didn't care that your husband hated it?

Guess who has no say in my hairstyle? My husband.

Just surprised that's all. I try to look good for my wife and she wants to look good for me. Yes we love each other for more than looks (thank god lol) and we are also best friends. She doesn't want my beard long and scruffy so I keep it trimmed.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    To you.

I cared but that didn't mean I was going to change it for him. His opinion did factor into my decision to grow it out again, but I kept it for 2 years. I don't particularly likes it when he grows a long beatnik goatee every winter but he does it anyway. I'd also rather he stayed around 170lbs and muscular than the 160 endurance MTB racer he's become. He's not changing his appearance for me either.

This was my favorite, super short and fun.
    IMAG0054-1.jpg

This was the last time it was long, frumpy and boring (I had also just had a baby, and was thicker):
    1027001938.jpg
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Long! I used to have long, thick hair down to my elbows and I couldn't even leave the house without being complimented on it. Then I cut it all off while I was pregnant with baby #3. It went to a good cause, but I've hated it ever since. I not only had it cut shoulder-length, but had it razor thinned since it was so thick. Never been the same since. Then I thought I'd be the trendy little rock star that I am and shave half of my head. It took serious balls, and I got lots of compliments, but now here I am 6 months later, wanting my hair back, and half of my head is only 2" long while the other half is like 18" long so I have to wear extensions. It's a mess. Leave your hair alone, girl! lol
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    To you.

I cared but that didn't mean I was going to change it for him. His opinion did factor into my decision to grow it out again, but I kept it for 2 years. I don't particularly likes it when he grows a long beatnik goatee every winter but he does it anyway. I'd also rather he stayed around 170lbs and muscular than the 160 endurance MTB racer he's become. He's not changing his appearance for me either.

This was my favorite, super short and fun.
    IMAG0054-1.jpg

This was the last time it was long, frumpy and boring (I had also just had a baby, and was thicker):
    1027001938.jpg

I think you are one of the ones (the few) that can pull off short hair.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I prefer long hair for myself. I went from a long hair to short and I hated it!! Looking back on it now, it wasn't so bad... not that I'll cut it that short for a while though. :tongue:

photo4_zps904cb978.png

TO:

iphone392_zpsdef11940.png
    :glasses: :flowerforyou:
    \m/
  • segastler
    segastler Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I want to cut my hair so bad, but my husband begs me to keep growing it out. Maybe whehn I get down to my goal weight, I'll chop it off!
  • kammij75
    kammij75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have hair that i can sit on. I have not cut my hair short in 17 years. It is a personal preference, but my husband also enjoys my long hair. Do what makes you happy. Maybe try a short wig and see if it suits you, then go from there. maybe a new hair style or coloring your hair might help with the hair blahs.
  • MummatoSkye
    Options
    I love long hair, I cut my hair shoulder length ish and I hated it, still waiting for it to grow longer
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Long, definitely. I hate short hair. I've had it about chin length, and it's now to my waist, and I don't see myself ever cutting it.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

I prefer her mouth closed. Good lord, look at that thing! She makes Julia Roberts' mouth look small.