Chicken Smoothie

Options

Replies

• mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You try it first and let us know :P sounds ick! but then I have experimenting and put gross stuff like flax seed oil and maca powder into my smoothies lately, and it's not too bad if you try and chug it down quickly.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I used to make a homemade cod and seaweed smoothie.

For an infant.

3238-stage-2-baby-food-huddle-340x355_zps22c727a2.png
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think I would rather bring a bag of protein powder to work and put in a scoop to get the protein. It would be easier too!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued! I would seriously buy a vitamix grade blender to try this out. I like the comments about this being like soup. Imagine not necessarily drinking it but eating it with a spoon. Kinda like a blizzard. I can get with this smoothie meal replacement, the normal ones just keep me hungry!
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Bang one of these in the liquidiser, then!

chickeninacan3.jpg

20090430-cannedchicken-shloop.jpg

Holy. *kitten*.

That's all I have. Just - Holy. *kitten*.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you cannot eat a sandwich while you walk?
    way too simple :laugh:

OP: can you please try it and post pics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY5QzAYm5KE

Hope that helps.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I feel that I have to go ahead and try it now, but I'm not sure what to mix it with. It's the end of the week and I'm kind of low on veggies. I still had a big bag of spinach, but I accidentally left it out on the counter this morning, and I had to throw it away.

So ... chicken and bananas? I have grapes too. And pineapple. And peanut butter.

Somehow chicken and veggies sounded better.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    With veg it would be more soup like but chicken and banana doesn't sound too bad!
  • jim180155
    Options
    Can I ask why you cannot eat a sandwich while you walk?
    way too simple :laugh:

OP: can you please try it and post pics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY5QzAYm5KE

Hope that helps.

That video is funny. It also gave me an idea. I do have cheese. I should probably add that.
  • jim180155
    Options
    With veg it would be more soup like but chicken and banana doesn't sound too bad!

Tomorrow is donut day at work. If I'm going to use banana, I'm thinking I might as well try to get a donut in there.
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I used to work in a nursing home where some residents had to eat blended up food like that... Looked disgusting! Yikes.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    I used to work in a nursing home where some residents had to eat blended up food like that... Looked disgusting! Yikes.

But how did it taste?? :wink:
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    This thread is fascinating.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you need protein in your smoothie, add greek yogurt. It will really make it taste good, and adds a great deal of protein.

Never... meat.
  • lady_jewels
    lady_jewels Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have added beans to my smoothies, they add lots of healthy protein and fiber, and you don't get the gross factor from liquified meats.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Tomorrow is donut day at work. If I'm going to use banana, I'm thinking I might as well try to get a donut in there.

:laugh:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

:laugh:

I'm pretty sure my jaw actually dropped a little at that one :laugh:
  • jim180155
    Options
    Believe it or not, this thing does not smell very good. But I'm not done yet.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Has anybody ever tried adding chicken, tuna, or the like to their green smoothie?

Most days I bring a smoothie for lunch not because I love smoothies, but because I can use my 30 minute lunch break for walking, then get away with drinking my lunch at my desk later. I tend to put just about any and everything into my smoothies. Then I started wondering if I should try throwing 3 or 6 oz of chicken in there. It seems like a really bad idea, but maybe not. (If the chicken doesn't make me gag, I'll try tuna next.)

I have put cottage cheese in my smoothies... I know it's not what you asked but I guess the take-home is as long as the flavors complement each other why not...