Feel like I just ruined my journey... I am failure

Options
I lost 4 pounds in 28 days.... I started at 163 and is now 158....

My diet flow got screwed up when I came down with a bad stomach virus... I was thrown off and was not eating much and not being so much active.

Now, that I have gotten the virus out of my system... my body is rebooting and I've been hungry... but although I have been staying under my calories.

I think I've been eating some wrong foods... that stomach virus really threw off my focus and dedication to eating right.

I've been Sea Pak popcorn shrmp, Baked chicken, Pancakes and bagels... and I just feel like I have spoiled my journey. Staying below my calorie intake... I wasn't over eating.

I also been slacking on logging in for the last 3-4 days... I've logged in but not everything I've eaten due to me just feeling so guilty about being threw off. I know this is going to affect my goal time. But, I will say I haven't had any junk foods, no soda, no juice and has been consuming gatorade and water.

The scale still says 158 -159 so i know I haven't gained anything... but I was noticing some inches falling off my arms and waist and now I just feel like it's all back and I am complete failure.

Tomorrow, I am starting my clean diet and consume the right amount of calories and will be going to the Gym 4 days a week. Although I just still feel like this screw up is going to jeopardize my goal and that fat is stored in my body is will be making it;s return back home.

Is it normal to have this sort of anxiety? or did I really through off my diet?

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Life happens.

And you've accomplished a weight loss that took me at least twice as long to do. You fell ill and now your body is done repairing itself and you're ready to resume the fight. Now quit yer frettin' and drop and give me 20!!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You haven't ruined anything. And you're putting to much faith in the disproven dichotomy that foods are either "healthy or unhealthy". Your food choices are secondary to your calorie goal when it comes to losing weight.

And even if you DID over eat, guess what? One day, or even one month doesn't make or break your weight loss efforts. It is just a stumble in a much longer road.

So pick yourself up, dust off your pants, and continue onward.
  • FloJo9011
    FloJo9011 Posts: 43
    Options
    Life happens.

And you've accomplished a weight loss that took me at least twice as long to do. You fell ill and now your body is done repairing itself and you're ready to resume the fight. Now quit yer frettin' and drop and give me 20!!

Lol... Great answer. This really made it easier on me. Appreciate the support.
  • FloJo9011
    FloJo9011 Posts: 43
    Options
    You haven't ruined anything. And you're putting to much faith in the disproven dichotomy that foods are either "healthy or unhealthy". Your food choices are secondary to your calorie goal when it comes to losing weight.

And even if you DID over eat, guess what? One day, or even one month doesn't make or break your weight loss efforts. It is just a stumble in a much longer road.

Thank you so much for the support... I will continue to the fight. Tomorrow. I will be back going strong.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating at a deficit. Period. Eat "clean" (whatever that means to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Just start over. When you get sick, your body needs nourishment, it's natural.

Jump right back on that wagon and keep on keepin' on!
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

My diet flow got screwed up when I came down with a bad stomach virus... I was thrown off and was not eating much and not being so much active.

Now, that I have gotten the virus out of my system... my body is rebooting and I've been hungry... but although I have been staying under my calories.

I think I've been eating some wrong foods... that stomach virus really threw off my focus and dedication to eating right.

I've been Sea Pak popcorn shrmp, Baked chicken, Pancakes and bagels... and I just feel like I have spoiled my journey. Staying below my calorie intake... I wasn't over eating.

I also been slacking on logging in for the last 3-4 days... I've logged in but not everything I've eaten due to me just feeling so guilty about being threw off. I know this is going to affect my goal time. But, I will say I haven't had any junk foods, no soda, no juice and has been consuming gatorade and water.

The scale still says 158 -159 so i know I haven't gained anything... but I was noticing some inches falling off my arms and waist and now I just feel like it's all back and I am complete failure.

Tomorrow, I am starting my clean diet and consume the right amount of calories and will be going to the Gym 4 days a week. Although I just still feel like this screw up is going to jeopardize my goal and that fat is stored in my body is will be making it;s return back home.

Flabbergasted
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for the support... I will continue to the fight. Tomorrow. I will be back going strong.

No problem. Most of us struggle along our paths to fitness. The important thing is to just keep making steps forward and ignoring or learning from the steps back that we take.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Don't agonize over it. Are you still alive? Yes? Then no biggie.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    No big deal at all
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You just took a detour, thats all. I'm sure you're now heading back in the right direction. Good Luck..
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You only ruined your journey if you build it up in your head like that. Momentum is everything in this journey, so don't let a couple bad days get you off track. Stay strong!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I am very confused, here. Let me see if I get what you're saying:

You stayed under your calorie goals

You have not gained any weight

And you are losing inches

...Did I get all that right? I fail to see the problem, here. Carry on. Stop freaking out. There are no such things as "unhealthy foods", only unhealthy portions.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Is it normal to have this sort of anxiety?

Ummm, no. Not really.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Nothing to freak out about. My motto is "If Plan A didn't work, don't worry, the alphabet has 25 more letters." :bigsmile: Stay cool and keep working toward your original goal.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    OP, you are doing great! Time to give yourself a break and stop that fretting! There are going to be stumbling blocks along the way.....sometimes you can side-step them or step over them.....other times, you will have to pick yourself up, dust off and continue on the journey! A sense of humor helps! Laugh and move on! :flowerforyou:
  • hilts1969
    Options
    OP, you are doing great! Time to give yourself a break and stop that fretting! There are going to be stumbling blocks along the way.....sometimes you can side-step them or step over them.....other times, you will have to pick yourself up, dust off and continue on the journey! A sense of humor helps! Laugh and move on! :flowerforyou:

In fairness the op is not doing great and i am not one for the go girl culture, they have lost a little weight
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

In fairness the op is not doing great and i am not one for the go girl culture, they have lost a little weight, doing great is a stretch

You're ****ting me, right?
  • hilts1969
    Options

In fairness the op is not doing great and i am not one for the go girl culture, they have lost a little weight, doing great is a stretch

You're ****ting me, right?

not at all, too many on here believe sugar coating helps, weak people need to wake up, 4 pounds in a month isn't great, wonderful, magic or even average, if someone says i look like brad pitt doesn't make it so, i know i am more like johnny depp
  • rdsxfn
    rdsxfn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The best part of trying to eat right and working out is that you have your lifetime to work on it. There will be other stomach bugs, real life things that pop up, and other general obstacles that will present a challenge. Don't give up and keep working at it. Eating right and working out is a lifestyle not a "program". Get back to it and keep working

:smile: