Feel like I just ruined my journey... I am failure

Options

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    OP, you are doing great! Time to give yourself a break and stop that fretting! There are going to be stumbling blocks along the way.....sometimes you can side-step them or step over them.....other times, you will have to pick yourself up, dust off and continue on the journey! A sense of humor helps! Laugh and move on! :flowerforyou:

In fairness the op is not doing great and i am not one for the go girl culture, they have lost a little weight, doing great is a stretch

You're ****ting me, right?

not at all, too many on here believe sugar coating helps, weak people need to wake up, 4 pounds in a month isn't great, wonderful, magic or even average, if someone says i look like brad pitt doesn't make it so, i know i am more like johnny depp

A pound a week is phenomenal and bang on perfect for what she needs to be doing, Mr. KillJoy. So what do you want to do, wait till she's at goal before noticing she's on the right track? Some MFPal you must be :ohwell:
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    OP, you are doing great! Time to give yourself a break and stop that fretting! There are going to be stumbling blocks along the way.....sometimes you can side-step them or step over them.....other times, you will have to pick yourself up, dust off and continue on the journey! A sense of humor helps! Laugh and move on! :flowerforyou:

In fairness the op is not doing great and i am not one for the go girl culture, they have lost a little weight, doing great is a stretch

not at all, too many on here believe sugar coating helps, weak people need to wake up, 4 pounds in a month isn't great, wonderful, magic or even average, if someone says i look like brad pitt doesn't make it so, i know i am more like johnny depp

That's a pound a week. How is that not good?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

What are you talking about? 4 pounds a month averages a pound a week, which IS average and healthy.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    omg johnny depp is adorable
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    omg johnny depp is adorable

Not this one :laugh:
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options

What are you talking about? 4 pounds a month averages a pound a week, which IS average and healthy. You need to get off your high horse and spread your rubbish elsewhere.

+1
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Lewis and Clark experienced terrible storms, so many mosquitoes that they couldn't see, hostile natives, food shortages, a mutiny among their members, terrible boils on their skin, the flu that almost killed Lewis, frostbite and many other obstacles and they didn't let all of that ruin their journey.

I think you can overcome your obstacle as well.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

What are you talking about? 4 pounds a month averages a pound a week, which IS average and healthy. You need to get off your high horse and spread your rubbish elsewhere.

+1

to be pedantic 4 pounds a month isn't a pound a week, it also couldn't be perceived as great, average at best which was my point, but in mfp style yeah 4 pounds a month is monumental. you go girl, keep it up, whoopee etc......

or the op could evaluate and do better which long term would help them but no negatives here, no sir
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

+1

to be pedantic 4 pounds a month isn't a pound a week, it also couldn't be perceived as great, average at best which was my point, but in mfp style yeah 4 pounds a month is monumental. you go girl, keep it up, whoopee etc......

or the op could evaluate and do better which long term would help them but no negatives here, no sir

Rushing things can mean unsustainable methods, besides each person gets to pick their own pace they're comfortable with. Where's she rushing to??? If she keeps it up in a year she'll be at goal (example). Why is it so important that she does it in half the time?

Meh. You're just on another planet anyway
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    It's a setback, sure. But getting sick isn't YOUR fault... it is just something that happens. Roll with the punches and don't give up. One bout of illness will not destroy all your progress - unless you allow it to!

Think about it this way: even if you gained back all the weight you'd lost so far, you've still built the habits that will ultimately help you reach your goal. You did it once, you can do it again. Don't give up.
  • hilts1969
    Options

+1

Rushing things can mean unsustainable methods, besides each person gets to pick their own pace they're comfortable with. Where's she rushing to??? If she keeps it up in a year she'll be at goal (example). Why is it so important that she does it in half the time?

Mars?
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options

+1

To be pedantic myself, OP said 28 days. Last I checked, that was 4 weeks. I'd rather see someone lose a pound a week and keep it going steady than lose a lot of weight quickly, which is what you seem to be advocating.
  • MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 144 Member
    Options

+1

Mars?

I was thinking Uranus. But I pronounce it wrong. Whoops.
  • hilts1969
    Options

+1

To be pedantic myself, OP said 28 days. Last I checked, that was 4 weeks. I'd rather see someone lose a pound a week and keep it going steady than lose a lot of weight quickly, which is what you seem to be advocating.

You need to lose at least 8 pounds for your first month or you are not doing it right. i didn't say a month the poster did so i suggest you mention the error to them
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

+1

You need to lose at least 8 pounds for your first month or you are not doing it right. i didn't say a month the poster did so i suggest you mention the error to them

I see you pulled this rule from Ur... planet
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

+1

I love this sort of petty argument; am I too late to join in?
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Wow the OP sounds overly dramatic. You lost some weight, got sick, did not regain. So where is the failure part and ruined journey? Sheesh during my 70 pound "journey" I had many challenges. Never once used the term failure and ruin. Heck your story hardly rates as a set-back.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

+1

I love this sort of petty argument; am I too late to join in?

Obviously not.
  • hilts1969
    Options
    Wow the OP sounds overly dramatic. You lost some weight, got sick, did not regain. So where is the failure part and ruined journey? Sheesh during my 70 pound "journey" I had many challenges. Never once used the term failure and ruin. Heck your story hardly rates as a set-back.

Just tell them them they are doing great it is much easier and less hassle

go op you are amazing etc....................
  • FloJo9011
    FloJo9011 Posts: 43
    Options

A pound a week is phenomenal and bang on perfect for what she needs to be doing, Mr. KillJoy. So what do you want to do, wait till she's at goal before noticing she's on the right track? Some MFPal you must be :ohwell:

My point exactly... I lost 1 pound a week which is good. I didn't agree with him at all.. THanks for the respond tho