Feel like I just ruined my journey... I am failure

Options

Replies

• SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Wow the OP sounds overly dramatic. You lost some weight, got sick, did not regain. So where is the failure part and ruined journey? Sheesh during my 70 pound "journey" I had many challenges. Never once used the term failure and ruin. Heck your story hardly rates as a set-back.

Just tell them them they are doing great it is much easier and less hassle

go op you are amazing etc....................
    Trolls will troll..........
  • FloJo9011
    FloJo9011 Posts: 43
    Options
    It's a setback, sure. But getting sick isn't YOUR fault... it is just something that happens. Roll with the punches and don't give up. One bout of illness will not destroy all your progress - unless you allow it to!

Think about it this way: even if you gained back all the weight you'd lost so far, you've still built the habits that will ultimately help you reach your goal. You did it once, you can do it again. Don't give up.

Thank you for your encouraging words. I do overreact sometimes and just wanted some more motivation to continue. Thanks.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    OP, you are doing great! Time to give yourself a break and stop that fretting! There are going to be stumbling blocks along the way.....sometimes you can side-step them or step over them.....other times, you will have to pick yourself up, dust off and continue on the journey! A sense of humor helps! Laugh and move on! :flowerforyou:

In fairness the op is not doing great and i am not one for the go girl culture, they have lost a little weight, doing great is a stretch

You're ****ting me, right?

not at all, too many on here believe sugar coating helps, weak people need to wake up, 4 pounds in a month isn't great, wonderful, magic or even average, if someone says i look like brad pitt doesn't make it so, i know i am more like johnny depp

What are you talking about? 4 pounds a month averages a pound a week, which IS average and healthy. You need to get off your high horse and spread your rubbish elsewhere.

+1

to be pedantic 4 pounds a month isn't a pound a week, it also couldn't be perceived as great, average at best which was my point, but in mfp style yeah 4 pounds a month is monumental. you go girl, keep it up, whoopee etc......

or the op could evaluate and do better which long term would help them but no negatives here, no sir

To be pedantic myself, OP said 28 days. Last I checked, that was 4 weeks. I'd rather see someone lose a pound a week and keep it going steady than lose a lot of weight quickly, which is what you seem to be advocating.

I love this sort of petty argument; am I too late to join in?

Obviously not.

Great! I'll just sit back and wait for an obvious spelling or grammatical mistake, and then leap right in. That's my forte.

I'm particularly good at pointing out someone else's mistakes, whilst making one myself. That always goes down so well.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wow the OP sounds overly dramatic. You lost some weight, got sick, did not regain. So where is the failure part and ruined journey? Sheesh during my 70 pound "journey" I had many challenges. Never once used the term failure and ruin. Heck your story hardly rates as a set-back.

We have moved on, to keep you in the loop, the OP has failed miserably, i live on Mars and there is a cat floating about with a bit of a tude(attitiude for the elderly out there)
  • hilts1969
    Options
    OP, you are doing great! Time to give yourself a break and stop that fretting! There are going to be stumbling blocks along the way.....sometimes you can side-step them or step over them.....other times, you will have to pick yourself up, dust off and continue on the journey! A sense of humor helps! Laugh and move on! :flowerforyou:

In fairness the op is not doing great and i am not one for the go girl culture, they have lost a little weight, doing great is a stretch

not at all, too many on here believe sugar coating helps, weak people need to wake up, 4 pounds in a month isn't great, wonderful, magic or even average, if someone says i look like brad pitt doesn't make it so, i know i am more like johnny depp

What are you talking about? 4 pounds a month averages a pound a week, which IS average and healthy. You need to get off your high horse and spread your rubbish elsewhere.

+1

to be pedantic 4 pounds a month isn't a pound a week, it also couldn't be perceived as great, average at best which was my point, but in mfp style yeah 4 pounds a month is monumental. you go girl, keep it up, whoopee etc......

or the op could evaluate and do better which long term would help them but no negatives here, no sir

To be pedantic myself, OP said 28 days. Last I checked, that was 4 weeks. I'd rather see someone lose a pound a week and keep it going steady than lose a lot of weight quickly, which is what you seem to be advocating.

I love this sort of petty argument; am I too late to join in?

Obviously not.

Great! I'll just sit back and wait for an obvious spelling or grammatical mistake, and then leap right in. That's my forte.

I'm particularly good at pointing out someone else's mistakes, whilst making one myself. That always goes down so well.

Doesn't forte have one of those squiggly things above it?
  • Wonderob
    Options

Doesn't forte have one of those squiggly things above it?

I used a pen on my PC screen, so mine has one - yours is still missing
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options

We have moved on, to keep you in the loop, the OP has failed miserably, i live on Mars and there is a cat floating about with a bit of a tude(attitiude for the elderly out there)
    Aug 2013 join date and only how many lbs lost? If you average it out you are far from stellar. :flowerforyou:
  • 52dave62
    52dave62 Posts: 28
    Options
    This is the kind of topic I needed today, you see today is day 24 for me. I saw the MD yesterday and pointed out my 9 pound (according to his records) weight loss in 31 days, since my last vist.

Today, I just was not into eating the ''clean foods''. I wanted to get dirty, I even woke up @ 3AM to start early with a cold 12 ounce can of Coca-cola. I just ended the food diary with a fast food burger and my second Coke for the day, (4th for the month). All my numbers were RED today, most reddest were the sodium, fat and sugar. Funny thing is, MFP calculator said I would lose 4 pounds in 5 weeks IF I ate like this everyday, (I disagree because I would most likely be dead of malnutrition)

Oh I was ready to lock myself in my bedroom with a water cooler and a loaf of bread (whole grain, not white). But after logging in my final ''dirty foods'' for today, I noticed this topic in the forums. It was then I realized we all are human (some more supportive than others) and the only thing I needed to do was, make tomorrow a new day.

To the OP, glad you are over the stomach virus, if your body is hungry, feed it. Get 100% recovered and begin again. I am willing to bet that if you do, there is a very good chance that you will lose another 4 lbs by the 2nd week of May.

1 lb a week is great, that could easily be close to 50 lbs a year. In which case, I would be at my long term goal weight in 2 years 4 months
  • hilts1969
    Options

Aug 2013 join date and only how many lbs lost? If you average it out you are far from stellar. :flowerforyou:

Good point but i stopped logging towards the end of the year, i have been in maintenance for about 6 months

doh!
  • Wonderob
    Options

Good point but i stopped logging towards the end of the year, i have been in maintenance for about 6 months

doh!

Oh come on man, she gave you a flower
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    No trolling on my part. I am a woman with adult children. Call it tough love if you will. Falling apart over little minor things will do no good. Sometimes you have to be a warrior.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You were sick. Do what your body is telling you to do. It's not the end of the world
  • Wonderob
    Options

doh!

I am british so have no idea what that means, do i wait for for the UPS man in the morning, is she dissing me or can i hear wedding bells?

www.confused.com

I'm pretty sure it's just an Internet thing. But heck, I know nothing about women so she may well be in love with you. To be honest, if a girl came up to me with flowers, that's what I would think for sure
  • SuperShell0812
    Options
    As the saying goes "when you fall off the horse..." but yeah weight loss ultimately comes down to calories, doesn't matter whether you're low carb, paleo, vegetarian, or on some other diet. So if you want a treat and it fits in your calorie budget eat it! I find that when I forbid certain foods the "bad foods" become more appealing than they really are and I am more likely to binge. If you feel better eating a certain way by all means eat that way but there are no magic weight loss foods just a deficet + consistency + time
  • hilts1969
    Options

doh!

I am british so have no idea what that means, do i wait for for the UPS man in the morning, is she dissing me or can i hear wedding bells?

www.confused.com

I'm pretty sure it's just an Internet thing. But heck, I know nothing about women so she may well be in love with you. To be honest, if a girl came up to me with flowers, that's what I would think for sure

Cheers mate(that is thank you in american lingo) i shall shower, floss put on my sunday best(clothes) in anticipation, she shall not be robs girl much longer

british empire 1 usa 0
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    It's your choice how you deal with this...you can start fresh right now. A few days from now you'll look back and be glad you just kept going. :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    If you're under your calories, there is no problem. There is no such thing as "wrong" foods.
    Just get back on the horse.
  • Wonderob
    Options

Cheers mate(that is thank you in american lingo) i shall shower, floss put on my sunday best(clothes) in anticipation, she shall not be robs girl much longer

british empire 1 usa 0

I just woke my son up and he knows all about the Internet. You're making a fool out of yourself, she doesn't love you at all!

Oh and he told me to say "lol" to you, and you've been 'owned' whatever they mean
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

+1

Oh noes, I've only lost 4 lbs since February, I should just give up, I'm doing terribly.
  • hilts1969
    Options

british empire 1 usa 0

I just woke my son up and he knows all about the Internet. You're making a fool out of yourself, she doesn't love you at all!

Oh and he told me to say "lol" to you, and you've been 'owned' whatever they mean

It has gone right over my head to be fair