Is anyone else doing 1400-1600 calories?

Options

Replies

• justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I"m around 1500 for maintenance. Diary's open if you want to follow, but I'll warn you I have an awful sweet tooth.
  • kimacduff
    kimacduff Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm happy between 1300 & 1500 a day. Like someone else said after working out it's a little over 1200.
    It also depends on the quality of the calories. veggies, fruit & protein help your body feel full & make things run more smoothly ( if you get my meaning:)). You probably know this, But greens( lettuces, Kale spinach, collards) are great for your skin, energy & high fiber. The other veggies when fixed from the raw vegetable ( or flash frozen) help round things out. Now we're going into warmer times. the Farmers Markets are opening up. Lots of fresh stuff to grill, steam or eat raw.
    Berries, & Beans of all kinds are great too. If you don't have time to fix the beans you can get them canned. Just make sure there is no sugars added to the process.
    onions, garlic & mushrooms are all great cancer fighters- as are a lot of the other more colorful things. Don't forget seeds & nuts too. You eat some combination using all of these every day & you fell a lot more full.
    I usually have a snack 3 hours after my breakfast. It could be a hard boiled or 2 , cheese & apple, celery with almond butter, brazil nuts with 2 dates, etc. Also in the afternoon ( usually about 3pm) if I fell like snacking I have another one of the snacks I mentioned above.
    I try not to eat after 8pm. they say give yourself 3 hours before you sleep to have your last meal.
    I know you didn't ask for all of that. But it really does make a difference what your 1200-1500- calories are made up of.:)
  • Emmyre43
    Emmyre43 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    im counting 1400 & light exercise daily. send a friend request...:happy:
  • malibutigger
    malibutigger Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just upped mine recently from 1200 to 1600 as I was too hungry and just ending up eating way over because of it. feel free to add me. x
  • BattlingMaxo
    BattlingMaxo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When i was bulking (to add muscle) I was at 2700 cal a day, now that I am cutting I slowly cut about 200 cals every fews weeks always monitoring my progress, now I am at 1600 a day. I eat 6 times a day to give my body a steady stream of nutrients. On my first cut I got down to about 6.2 to 7 % BF witha 29 3/4 waist, then bulking I gained 18 lb, ( a lot was fat) then cut again, I eneded up with 9 lb of lean muscle. It's a pain but I am getting ripped. Don't go to low with your cals or you will become catobolic ( your body gives up muscle) keep it up long enough you might even enjoy cutting, like I do.
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    I am at 1510 a day... I do well at not going over most of the time (Dont look at today, lol)... I try to eat less prepared stuff so I can get more food and less junk... It is working for me so far and only on occasion am I hungry at the end of the night... Thats when I know its time to drink a bottle of water and head to bed... :)
  • harrisontrenesha
    Options
    HI, I am aiming for 1400 calories before any exercise. It was at 1200 and even with exercise I found it hard to stay under. So I updated it the day before yesterday. As long as I burn more daily calories than I take in, I'm happy and right now I'm burning about 2000 calories a day.
  • hummingbrdhrt
    hummingbrdhrt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm at 1460 calories per day and shoot to be just below that.
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is set to 1400, but my aim is 1400-1600. We should be friends.
  • woolfman72
    woolfman72 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I seem to be with everyone else .. i shoot for 1500 calories.
  • tudazies
    tudazies Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I to started with the 1200 thing and after tons of reading realizing it was not right lol so figured out tdee&bmr now as of this week was slowly upping to 1300 as of Monday will be doing 1300 following week 1400 all my info is in my profile bmr&tdee included. Alsolooking to make new friends :) anyone from the thread feel free to add also.
  • mariaholden1
    mariaholden1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been automatically set at 1200 calories. Once I get into an exercise routine I will most likely be increasing this by a couple hundred.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a big breakfast too!

Oh, you mean the whole day?

heh... No.
  • jenna40_2go
    jenna40_2go Posts: 101
    Options
    Hi I am 1400. Please feel free to add me.I am looking for motivation and support. I'm also here daily. Would love as many friends as possible so I don't fall off the wagon this time. I have tried a few times already to lose but I HAVE to lose the weight this time.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    1500--smack in the middle! :) That works well for me as long as I keep my protein calories high. Feel free to add me!
  • yasoyyo
    yasoyyo Posts: 15
    Options
    I was also set to 1200 automatically, but my TDEE is mostly around 1800-2000, and my body was definitely not happy with eating that little, so I changed it manually to 1450.
  • denicehw
    denicehw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am doing about 1400 a day...90 pounds to go.
  • lynnski70
    lynnski70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1510, but am usually under it by about 50-75 cals/day. Feel free to add me!
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 1400-1600.
    I couldn't do 1200 either. Feel free to add my, my diary is open.
    I binge sometimes and I log that as well.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm about 1/3 way to my goal and wanted to reevaluate my calorie and macronutriet goals.

6'0 M
    Current weight: 221lb
    Goal weight: 180lb
    Sedentary activity level
    5 workouts/week at 60min/workout (cardio)
    Goal: Lose 2lb/week

These are the goals MPF gives:

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
    1,460 183 49 73 2,300 55

Scooby's gives:

With exercise:

1846 BMR
    2861 TDEE
    2289 Daily goal

With No exercise:

1846 BMR
    2215 TDEE
    1772 Daily goal (which is higher than the 1,460 MPF gives)

Do the MPF numbers seem reasonable?