Options

Replies

• BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Old metal mostly, things like...

Metallica (pre black album)
    Megadeth (pre Dave finding religion)
    Anthrax (Belladonna and Bush and their latest album kicks *kitten*)
    Slayer
    Sabbath
    etc

Godsmack is okay.
  • codyzanthraxx
    Options
    i am really glad theres so many metalheads here hahaaa

Give me suggestions for death metal plz
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Metal head here! favourite bands of mine include Korn ( particularly the older stuff- issues is one of my all time favourite albums), Machine Head, Volbeat, Children of Bodom, Metallica, and Lamb of God. SO many more I love but these are the top of my list right now.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Symphonic Metal!! Stream of passion, Within Temptation, Epica, Delain!
  • ColossusCain
    ColossusCain Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Lamb of God
    Throwdown
    Full blown Chaos
    Rammstein
    Killswitch Engage
    Devil You know
    Tree
    Times of Grace
    Suicidal Tendencies
    etc

Feel free to shoot me a FR
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    A lot of great bands listed here. As far as working out with music I like Bury your dead, Hatebreed, Throwdown, Diecast, Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, Arch Enemy, Slayer, Pantera, Black Sabbath, Tool, RATM. Also go through nord metal phases with Ensiferum, Fintroll, Korpiklanni. Lately though I gotta say Rockabilly is really been on my play list a LOT lately. Matadors, Darrel Higham, Koffin Kats, Imelda May. Definitely gonna check out some bands I've seen on this thread!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Metal just isn't the same as it used to be. Sorry but to me a lot of the newer bands just aren't cutting it. It's play fast as you can and scream so hard there is no vocals. What happen to when it was still music?

you mean like deicide? :laugh:

current favorites:
    BTBAM
    meshuggah
    the faceless
    hatebreed (older stuff)
    veil of maya
    HAARP
    despised icon
    earth crisis
    gojira
    acacia strain
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    BTBAM :heart:

I pop a chub when I listen to the sweeps in selkies. true story.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    A lot of great bands listed here. As far as working out with music I like Bury your dead, Hatebreed, Throwdown, Diecast, Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, Arch Enemy, Slayer, Pantera, Black Sabbath, Tool, RATM. Also go through nord metal phases with Ensiferum, Fintroll, Korpiklanni. Lately though I gotta say Rockabilly is really been on my play list a LOT lately. Matadors, Darrel Higham, Koffin Kats, Imelda May. Definitely gonna check out some bands I've seen on this thread!

If you like Rockabilly, I cannot recommend Volbeat highly enough.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zhUgaxYs88
    this track is off their current album. they've also gained the guitarist from Anthrax.
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    HUGE metalhead right here!! :D
    Favorite metal bands are:

Avenged Sevenfold
    System of a Down
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Disturbed
    Black Sabbath
    Rammstein

And plently more, feel free to add me. :D But please leave a message in your friend request.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options

If you like Rockabilly, I cannot recommend Volbeat highly enough.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zhUgaxYs88
    this track is off their current album. they've also gained the guitarist from Anthrax.

I do like Volbeat a lot. Sad man's tongue is an awesome rendition of Cash's Folsom prison blues. Plus a ton of elvis covers. But I really wouldn't consider them rockabilly. No stand up bass or semi acoustics. Great band though.
  • Xaudelle
    Xaudelle Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    BTBAM :heart:

I pop a chub when I listen to the sweeps in selkies. true story.

Caught them for the Colors tour. My ex was super into them and I was kind of dragged through the experience.

The music is stellar, but I can't get past the vocals.
  • sarahbellum09
    sarahbellum09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm old enough to have been a metalhead in the 80s. I listen to the new stuff on the radio in the car with my kid (my 6 year old loves Volbeat, Papa Roach, Metallica, and Stone Sour, to name a few).

The stuff I listened to in high school (and still love):

Metallica (the 80s metal gold standard)
    Megadeth (Metallica's "Evil Kirk")
    Pantera
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    Metal Church
    Anthrax
    Death Angel
    Testament

:smokin:

I saw Testament with Killswitch Engage and Lamb of God a few months ago. So worth the 8 hour drive there and back...
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Metal just isn't the same as it used to be. Sorry but to me a lot of the newer bands just aren't cutting it. It's play fast as you can and scream so hard there is no vocals. What happen to when it was still music?

you mean like deicide? :laugh:

current favorites:
    BTBAM
    meshuggah
    the faceless
    hatebreed (older stuff)
    veil of maya
    HAARP
    despised icon
    earth crisis
    gojira
    acacia strain

:heart: Hatebreed and Earth Crisis

Boy Sets Fire is a favorite of mine that's along those same lines.
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ayyy! :D

W.A.S.P., Iced Earth, Hammerfall, Anthrax, Megadeath, Volbeat, etc.

If you're grabbing for straws as to what constitutes as "metal", then I also listen to Tool, Avenged Sevenfold, and the like.

I hardly recognize modern "hardcore" bands as "metal"... but that's just me. I saw an article the other day that classified BMTH as "progressive and alternative metal"... ain't no way. Progressive and alternative hard rock, sure.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    acid bath

forevereverevereverevereverever

OOOHHHH You are one of the only people I know who love acid bath like myself! :)
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Just because Metallica's new stuff pretty much sucks, it doesn't change the fact that at one point in their career they were releasing brilliant albums. I still listen to older stuff.

BLASPHEMY!!!
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm old school I guess. I started in high school with Maiden, Priest, & Ozzy and then the BIG FOUR came along and It was too late - I was addicted. I bought a guitar (Charvel model #2) from Jim Root when we were both in high school (we had the same guitar instructor) and I used to work on Slipknot's van at work, but I didn't get their debut album until around 2003 and I was like HOLY CRAP! My addiction came back!
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Rammstein......and Goatwhore. FTW