Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    maybe.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever actually declined an FR. And yes, that means my FL really is too big. I sort of treat it as a conditional thing. If you join my FL and start interacting right away, then the more the merrier. I'm all for that. But the ones who send an FR and then never interact... I usually cull those after a few weeks. It's nothing personal. It's just that if all we're doing is clicking Like on each other's diary then it really is nothing more than white noise in my news feed. As it sits I've got a core of maybe 30 people that I actually interact with daily, maybe another 30 that I interact with often enough to keep around, and then somewhere between 50 and 100 that are just sort of shuffling through. I'm probably an anomaly in that I usually have over 100 people on my FL, but at any given time at least half of them have been on there for under 30 days.
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I decline all FR that don't come with full noodz
    Oh! I thought my boobs were enough...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    My friend list is too big. There are people on here that I am friends with but don't formally send a request because of that. If you don't include a message, you're getting declined. It's really that simple.
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I decline blank friend requests. Unless, we have a lot of mutual friends
    I'm huge on interaction, so I try to maintain a manageable FL so that I can actually get to know the people on it.
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I accept most, particularly if they come from someone with similar goals, excise interests or similar stats & calorie targets.

If someone just looks like they are trying to get as many friends as possible & 'has made 300 new friends today' then I tend to decline. I noticed quite a few male friend requests where they just seem to be collecting pictures of females - like they are collecting trophies, lol - I don't bother with that.

Basically I'm on here to give/receive a little support and advice with loosing weight & getting fit. I don't mind a bit of banter along the way, but I don't log on with the purpose of flirty chat with the opposite sex.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options

FR sent!

Putting on my *kitten* shoes.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    My friend list is too big. There are people on here that I am friends with but don't formally send a request because of that. If you don't include a message, you're getting declined. It's really that simple.

This! I also like to keep my # a bit low. I have a lot of really active friends on here so it can be hard keeping up with everyone with a large FL.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Oh! I thought my boobs were enough...

That's why I declined sweet pea. Full noodz or nothing.

Just kidding, I'll take boobies any day.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Blank FR = auto decline. Anyone else will be subjected to the whims and mockery of me and the rest of my friends by asking about them on my own page. I keep my list small for a reason because I actually like to know my friends. It takes someone who I feel I would really connect with to get me to accept.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    not yet and have an awesome group of friends! i dont cut anyone either. if they arent active, they dont show up on my feeds so its not like they are interfering. ive had lots of friends come back after being gone for a while so, and that always gives me hope.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    No, but... I would decline friend requests from any ex-girlfriends for obvious reasons! ;)
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    I have decline most all friend requests. I know that I am overly abrasive for most, and that`s ok. I don`t play well with soft sensitive people. I`m not a false hope and it will be great giver.

And I always decline anyone who has a bus load of friends. Look at me, I`m popular on a website and have all these fake friend's! LMAO.... Diary open or not has no meaning, if its closed that`s their choice and business and not mine. I respect their privacy.

I added only 3 friends, and they are AWESOME, like me!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Unless someone has been overly creepy in messages etc. Which I haven't gotten too much of, but know some other people have, then I accept. It's not like facebook where I get blown up with candy crush requests from people I don't know :)
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I generally accept. I will however delete them if they don't log in for months. I like to have people who stay and keep me motivated.
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have. I dislike getting a request from someone without a note - like what thread you saw me on, or letting me know we in a group together and can relate to my same struggles and situations. And when they haven't filled out anything in the profile and send no note.....I usually do not accept.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I decline most friend requests. My FL isn't closed, but I am pretty exclusive about it. I've been on this site for a long time. I've established relationships with a lot of people on my friends list. Adding everyone who sends a request would dilute that because I'd have to comb through a very crowded news feed full of crap to get to the things I actually care about.

I add people who have similar goals to mine (dietary and fitness-wise), who have a similar philosophy (hard work, no BS, no excuses, no special snowflakes), who have a lot of mutual friends, etc.

I rarely add people who don't include a message AND have a completely private profile. How can I decide if we'd be useful to each other if I can't find out anything about you?

I don't add guys whose FL are full of pics of boobs and *kitten*. Really, if you're just here to creep, I have no use for you.

I don't add women whose pics are mostly of their boobs and *kitten*. The women on my FL have a lot more going for them than T&A, and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

So yeah, I decline most of the friend requests I get.
  • djmax041
    djmax041 Posts: 5
    Options
    No, I dont. We are all here for a reason and thats for health and support. Study shows with support in anything your better off to achieve your goals in life. I accept everyone! Feel free to add me.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    This isn't Facebook. I accept everyone here pretty much.