Meal Replacement shake for 3 weeks....

Options
13»

Replies

• cindylou1992
    Options
    Hi I've just bought this with the intention of having 1 or 2 shakes a day.
    Obviously I am using it for weight loss by combining it with exercise and healthy eating.

The reason I've gone for this is because I rarely eat at home because I travel 4 hours a day to work and back so tend to eat my meals on the train. I've found that I am constantly hungry so have opted for this to keep me fuller for longer so I don't snack as much (which is my main issue)
  • maria0104
    maria0104 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm not even entirely sure why you posted this if your intention was always going to be to do it even though you knew you would suffer considerable backlash against this choice?

That being said do what is right for you- but under no circumstances expect this to be a long term fix. Also those meal replacements reeeeeeaaaaaalllly screwed with the, ahem, internal workings of a few people I know....
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I admittedly never understood the concept of a "meal replacement shake". Calories are calories and in terms of weight loss calories are what count.

If instead of eating a varied lunch from day to day I instead decided to routinely eat a small hamburger would I refer to that as a "meal replacement hamburger"?

Shakes have calories, food has calories. If you drink a shake that has less calories than the food you would have eaten then that creates a bit of a deficit. Then again if you ate some other food that hat less calories than the food you would have eaten or simple eat less of the food you would have eaten that also creates a deficit.

There is nothing special about shakes other than convenience.

I have a protein shake daily but simply because I am to lazy and spendthrift to bother cooking up a chicken breast for every lunch. Certainly don't call it a "meal replacement shake" its just lunch. Also don't understand why I would affix an arbitrary end date to my eating of lunch or drinking of that shake. That is my lunch, I plan to continue to eat that. If your food plan is so dangerously low on calories or nutrition that you can only sustain it for the short term then you shouldn't be doing it at all.
  • Casnox
    Options
    Hey how did you get on? i go on holiday in 3 weeks and wishing for a miracle lol!