Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Kettle Corn
    Stacey's Cinnamon Pita Chips
    Banana Bread
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake. Any question that is "what food makes you..." will be answered with cheesecake by me.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Cheese It's
    Cashews
    Jelly Beans

Can't just eat one........or a few........................!
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    chocolate and cheese……………
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!! Yeah, really! I was a vegan for about 3 years following a diagnosis of pre-diabetes. I was in my kitchen one day and I was jonesin' for something, I had no idea why I was feeling that way. I had this horrible need for a certain texture. I tried flour, baking soda, and then I came across corn starch and it was as if I was a junkie getting a fix for the first time. The texture was exactly what I needed. I have been struggling with this for a few years and I even stopped being a vegan and put meat back into my diet to see if it could eliminate the desire to eat corn starch but to no avail! I never had a desire to eat corn starch until I switched to a Vegan diet and it has never made sense to me. (or anyone else for that matter!) The reason I'm exercising and counting calories and on the Venus Program is because I have gained too much weight by not exercising AND consuming at least 4 boxes a day! It's hard to break the habit...but I'm trying really hard!!! Oh and for the record, you will be surprised by how many people have this fetish for corn starch. It's called Pica!

I know that there are generally nutritional deficencies in people who have pica- sometimes it because they are deficient in iron (even if you take a multivitamin it can happen). Iron is quite abundant in red meat; there is also iron in vegetables, but sometimes people will eat dirt, sand, rocks, etc. if their iron levels and hematocrit are very low!! Corn starch has more cals than rocks, but weighs less, LOL, and should be easier to digest at least! Have you had your iron/ferritin and hematocrit, hemoglobin and other blood work checked out??
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You either like bacon or, your're wrong.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    pizza- I mean I can stop eating it- I can- if I'm at work or out I won't eat all of it but if I order it and it's at my house I'm usually still hungry- it's not like a ravenous thing- I'm just still hungry- so I keep eating. large papa john's pepperoni this weekend- all of it. shameful- 3400 calories for the day LOL

dark chocolate espresso beans- hard to stop- I have to measure- but I can.

Bacon- but it isn't THAT high in calories- I'll take it.

chips and salsa are probably the number one thing I have an honestly hard time moderating. I can eat cups of salsa.

Hummus and pita- not an issue controlling but it's never filling so I always over eat.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    RE - corn starch fetish...

Wow - never heard of it...learn something new every day.

Good luck with breaking your habit!
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Double stuf oreos (happened last night as a matter of fact), garlic bread/breadsticks, cheese, imitation crab meat, dill pickle chips, jars of icing especially cream cheese or vanilla
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Cheescake.

I don't really like chips that much but I could do some serious damage to a family size bag of Greek Feta chips. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, I guess they weren't very popular and got discontinued a while back.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    o god this would be a long list for me, but fresh warm pastry, any pastry, out of the oven warm .... i can just eat anything there. The bloody chefs at work put out big trays of the stuff for us (and if you wondered why i need to lose weight hmm suddenly a sedentary desk job versus a high activity job add in free good food and PASTRY - even now i just ate the only one i allow myself now a mini oat bran muffin - but i had to ignore the fresh croissants and danishes right beside it (the croissants were still warm :sad:
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Chips and Salsa

If I start - I'm destroying a few baskets of it.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Gummi bears.. Lime tortilla chips .. Peanut butter...
  • demibugg
    demibugg Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cajun/Santa Fe trail mix will be the death of me.
  • kabemour
    kabemour Posts: 9
    Options
    I have had my bloodwork done(at fasting) when I first started with the corn starch thing because I thought it would run my blood sugar up and I read that it was an iron deficiency but suprisingly everything was normal! I have been reading up on insulin resistance and those who have it crave sugar and starches. It's all weird and confusing.:ohwell: All I know is if I had any sense, I would not have made the switch to total veganism. I was consuming all types of leafy greens, beans, nuts and still led me to this. I will eventually get it under control. :smile:
  • kabemour
    Options
    RE - corn starch fetish...

Wow - never heard of it...learn something new every day.

Good luck with breaking your habit!

Thanks ! Hopefully I will. Yep! A lot of people actually eat it!
  • kabemour
    Options
    LOL!!!! Yeah, really! I was a vegan for about 3 years following a diagnosis of pre-diabetes. I was in my kitchen one day and I was jonesin' for something, I had no idea why I was feeling that way. I had this horrible need for a certain texture. I tried flour, baking soda, and then I came across corn starch and it was as if I was a junkie getting a fix for the first time. The texture was exactly what I needed. I have been struggling with this for a few years and I even stopped being a vegan and put meat back into my diet to see if it could eliminate the desire to eat corn starch but to no avail! I never had a desire to eat corn starch until I switched to a Vegan diet and it has never made sense to me. (or anyone else for that matter!) The reason I'm exercising and counting calories and on the Venus Program is because I have gained too much weight by not exercising AND consuming at least 4 boxes a day! It's hard to break the habit...but I'm trying really hard!!! Oh and for the record, you will be surprised by how many people have this fetish for corn starch. It's called Pica!

I have had my bloodwork done(at fasting) when I first started with the corn starch thing because I thought it would run my blood sugar up and I read that it was an iron deficiency but suprisingly everything was normal! I have been reading up on insulin resistance and those who have it crave sugar and starches. It's all weird and confusing. All I know is if I had any sense, I would not have made the switch to total veganism. I was consuming all types of leafy greens, beans, nuts and still led me to this. I will eventually get it under control.

I know that there are generally nutritional deficencies in people who have pica- sometimes it because they are deficient in iron (even if you take a multivitamin it can happen). Iron is quite abundant in red meat; there is also iron in vegetables, but sometimes people will eat dirt, sand, rocks, etc. if their iron levels and hematocrit are very low!! Corn starch has more cals than rocks, but weighs less, LOL, and should be easier to digest at least! Have you had your iron/ferritin and hematocrit, hemoglobin and other blood work checked out??
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Clementines. I will eat the whole crate.
  • tim201200
    tim201200 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    pizza, beer, any chip product
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    jalapeno potato chips - I eat one ........bag! Thank heavens when the cravings get to me I can go buy a 'single' (hahahaha) size bag at the gas station or jimmy johns........Gotta stay away from the bigger bags at the grocery store tho - those are single serving??/ Right??