WHAT DO YOU ALL EAT ...?

Options
1235»

Replies

• csefein
    csefein Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome!

The most successful people long term eat whatever they used to eat, but in smaller portions. Trying to restrict or eliminate certain food types or groups rarely works.

Aim to meet you protein, fat, fibre and carb goals by eating foods you enjoy.

YES!!! All of this!!! use a scale to weigh everything that goes into your mouth. Log it, be honest, eat what you want. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet with an end date. If you can not give up ice cream forever, work it into your calories and macros. so you don't binge.

I agree with all of the above! People ask me (who haven't seen me in awhile) how I lost so much weight and I tell them it's simple: I eat less. My diet hasn't change but how much I eat has. I have days where I ate too much junk and lost weight, because I stayed in my calorie range. But 90% of the time, I choose to spend calories on filling foods... Fruits veggies and protein. But I have one treat everyday.. Not a whole pint of ice cream, but maybe a 1/2 cup or something. Basically I asked myself, what can I do that I will stick with forever? Well this is it. I don't exercise crazily. I exercise in a way that I can maintain over a lifetime. Walks 2-3 times a week and hikes on the weekends, something that is maintainable for me and not to rigorous. I hate gained and lost 50lbs 3 times because I was too rigid and hardcore and couldn't keep that going. The key is to do something you can commit to for a lifetime, not just finding the quickest way to lose weight. It won't stick. I dropped from a 14 to a 2 in 3 months. It was too fast, to restrictive and not maintainable. Now, I have gone from a 12 to a women's loose 6, some juniors 5s fit me, in about 8 months. My goal is a solid, consistent size women's 4. Good luck!!
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Chicken, Eggs, whole grains, fresh veggies, protein bars, Kaizen protein powder (costco/sam's club) Shakeology, banana's, oikos greek yogurt, almonds, peanut butter... and occasionally some air popped popcorn with olive oil and sea salt for a treat.
  • R1ss4n1
    R1ss4n1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting here! It's so great you're getting lots of replies. :D

A food scale is a great way to make sure you know exactly how much you're eating! If you can find a cheap one, go for it.

I find it a lot easier for me to stay within my goals if I make meals ahead of time, then pack them in individual plastic containers. I have my worst calorie days when I haven't gone shopping and I've run out of my prepped foods.

I've also been trying out a variety of healthy meals. To get out of my comfort zone of pasta and rice (I'm half Korean and half Italian!) I browse the internet for healthy recipes. My FAVORITE site, bar none, is http://www.skinnytaste.com/. Not only are they simple, she's already calculated serving sizes and calories (or weight watcher points if you do that). And most of them are already in the MFP foods.

Good luck! And keep trying new things and new ways to reach your goals. If you don't at first succeed, try, try again!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
    As i said my main problem is that Im a really busy mom , my kids are still little so i find it hard to make food for myself :( thats mainly my problem , the busy and exhausting life thats not letting me take care of myself , but i really want this to work this time and i will try my best !

It helps to do some planning and prep work. My wife and I shop on Sunday mornings, then spend Sunday afternoons laying the groundwork for the week. For example, I like to eat spinach and feta frittatas for breakfast - I'll make one and package up 5 portions. We'll roast a chicken or 2 to have quick access to it for nights where we just cant work cooking dinner into the schedule, or for meat to throw on salads.

For me, planning and pre-prep has been a huge key to success.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I eat regular food - but pay attention to how much of it I eat. I do try to eat more fruits, veggies than I used to. And I eat much less fried food.

Today breakfast was as small egg/cheese pita sandwich & banana.
    Morning snack 1 oz cheese

Lunch - maybe a Smart Ones meal, or I might go pick up a salad from Zaxby's w/ grilled chicken.

Afternoon snack carrots, almonds

No clue on what I'm making for dinner tonight. Common dinners would be baked chicken breast or tilapia, with a side of cous cous, broccoli & cauliflower and maybe some corn. The other day I browned some ground turkey and we had nachos. Or maybe put a pork loin in the slow cooker - very easy dinner.

Other snacks as needed. I don't tend to want to snack at night as much as during the day.

I do eat pizza from time to time - from chain companies look up nutritional info online. But in general, do regular or light cheese. Do thinner crust if its an option. Add 1-2 meats and whatever veggies you want. Eat 1-2 pieces depending on your nutritional needs. (Note a Dominos medium thin pizza is 600-700 calories for 1/2 of it depending on your toppings.) I eat pasta. I eat garlic bread w/ pasta though I'll have one piece where in the past I would have had 2. We'll go to Yogli Mogli for frozen yogurt. Every now and then I eat chicken wings, though that tends to be a day where I aim a little higher in my calorie content.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    PS-every Saturday and most Sundays breakfast is Waffle House. 1 egg breakfast (scrambled) with raisin toast & grits & 2 pieces bacon. 520 calories, very filling, and those mornings I don't feel the need to snack so much.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy is simply getting enough nutrients while not eating too much, too often. There are no unhealthy foods, just unhealthy habits.
  • suzzanemfp
    Options
    Thank you all !!
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I eat everything.