How long after eating can I walk?

Options
124»

Replies

• MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You have to wait thirty minutes before walking or you could drown.

this made me laugh

To be honest, I have had some of my best running days on those occasions where I went shortly, less than 20 minutes after eating dinner. I'm sure there is some physiological aspect to the whys and hows, but I've tried to run in the morning before breakfast (about 12 hours since eating) and it feels like running in mud, against the wind, dragging a toddler out of a toy store. I much prefer to eat some food, put on my shoes, and hit the road.
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Little confused but.. Assuming that you're saying that walking is your exercise. I'd wait a half hour until I would do start an exercise.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think that whole waiting to move around or exercise after you eat is a myth. Unless you've found it does affect you negatively then in that case you're the only one who can answer that question! :)

Some believe that moving around after eating causes appendicitis.

What? Who believes this? On what basis? I don't know anyone who remains motionless after eating...

NOW would be a good time to uncork the snark
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You have to wait thirty minutes before walking or you could drown.

this made me laugh

To be honest, I have had some of my best running days on those occasions where I went shortly, less than 20 minutes after eating dinner. I'm sure there is some physiological aspect to the whys and hows, but I've tried to run in the morning before breakfast (about 12 hours since eating) and it feels like running in mud, against the wind, dragging a toddler out of a toy store. I much prefer to eat some food, put on my shoes, and hit the road.

This!! I've tried running before breakfast and omg it was hell!!