Planet Fitness

Options
I have been going there for a couple of weeks. Oy. I already knew about their "issues" prior to going but they are so affordable! Anyone ever set off that dreaded alarm? Oh, that pizza on the table as I walk in ready to work out and a bowl of Tootsie Rolls is just a bad idea. Forget the pizza, who wants to eat that then hop on the treadmill?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    oh god.

I'm so in- slow day at the office. I need this thread in my life.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    oh god.

I'm so in- slow day at the office. I need this thread in my life.

:drinker:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    In.

popcorn_2.gif.

The pizza, bagels, etc... don't bother me about the place.

Honestly, if they didn't caricaturize individuals (such as myself) who take their training seriously and called said individuals a lunk (a dull or stupid person; blockhead; an awkward, heavy, or stupid person), due to the fact I (we) lift, will drink from a gallon jug, and wear disapproved headwear all while touting their facilities are a "judgment free zone"....the place would catch far less hell here than it does.
  • JessieNeutronGirlGenius
    Options
    I used to work there sadly. It is a great gym in terms of the price, but you can't lift heavy or even try to there it is a real bummer.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Oh, that pizza on the table as I walk in ready to work out and a bowl of Tootsie Rolls is just a bad idea.

Reminds me of that bit in Dodgeball when White Goodman tells one of his employees to adjust the weighing scale so it makes users look heavier than they really are. :D
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    They could at least give out good candy
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    I used to work there sadly. It is a great gym in terms of the price, but you can't lift heavy or even try to there it is a real bummer.

I know! I was reading a story about a young girl getting kicked out for wearing a thin strap tank top. Oh...but we don't judge....as long as you're fat.
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    They could at least give out good candy

Like sour patch kids.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Ok serious question...

How frequently do they put the pizza out?

Is it good pizza that's worth the $10/mo membership?

I have zero interest in the place otherwise except for a walk-in pizza subscription since it's next to where I live.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    the purple gym sucks...they were so dang rude....I had to quit....never been that mad in a gym..

people who worked there did not know what was going on...... no idea about running a gym...couple of chubby girls and guys just standing around..

bad experience...

good luck
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    Ok serious question...

How frequently do they put the pizza out?

Is it good pizza that's worth the $10/mo membership?

I have zero interest in the place otherwise except for a walk-in pizza subscription since it's next to where I live.

Hell no! I saw Dominos boxes.
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

I know! I was reading a story about a young girl getting kicked out for wearing a thin strap tank top. Oh...but we don't judge....as long as you're fat.

OR friends with the staff... but don't even think about recommending they add dumbbell stacks to various parts of the gym for easier access and more availability during various exercises (aka circuit, abs, etc.). That might intimidate someone if they had weight stacks strategically placed throughout the gym. ugh.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have never set it off myself, but was there when it was set off. It's so loud and annoying. I only go there because it is affordable, but there is a new "crunch" gym opening in June and I already signed up and will be dropping PF shortly after Crunch opens.
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    the purple gym sucks...they were so dang rude....I had to quit....never been that mad in a gym..

people who worked there did not know what was going on...... no idea about running a gym...couple of chubby girls and guys just standing around..

bad experience...

good luck

I'm trying to just keep my head down and get my workouts done. I was very unhappy the day I started. I joined online and when I walked into the gym, they didn't even tell me where anything was. My husband and I just wandered around like morons looking for the locker rooms.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    In.

popcorn_2.gif.

Honestly, if they didn't caricaturize individuals (such as myself) who take their training seriously and called said individuals a lunk (a dull or stupid person; blockhead; an awkward, heavy, or stupid person), due to the fact I (we) lift, will drink from a gallon jug, and wear disapproved headwear all while touting their facilities are a "judgment free zone"....the place would catch far less hell here than it does.

I love that you keep this as a stock response now. that's awesome_ i need to start saving my typed up lifting ones- would save me so much trouble.
  • JessieNeutronGirlGenius
    Options

Ugh you are so right! They say "judgement free zone" yet they judge anyone who is jacked.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    You know what I hate the most about my PF? If you use the first stall in the bathroom, and someone turns the hand dryer on before you can sit down, the air comes up under the door and blows the paper off the toilet seat! Then I have to wait to re-cover the seat so I can pee. What a pain in the *kitten*. There were two women there last night wearing thin strapped tank tops that showed their stomachs, so I thought I'd finally get a chance to see someone get told they were intimidating, but it didn't happen. I left disappointed.

Not srs.
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    You know what I hate the most about my PF? If you use the first stall in the bathroom, and someone turns the hand dryer on before you can sit down, the air comes up under the door and blows the paper off the toilet seat! Then I have to wait to re-cover the seat so I can pee. What a pain in the *kitten*. There were two women there last night wearing thin strapped tank tops that showed their stomachs, so I thought I'd finally get a chance to see someone get told they were intimidating, but it didn't happen. I left disappointed.

Not srs.

I thought for sure I'd hear the alarm last night but nope.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    In.

popcorn_2.gif.

I love that you keep this as a stock response now. that's awesome_ i need to start saving my typed up lifting ones- would save me so much trouble.

I have a handful of stock responses in a spreadsheet, did I just admit that.....

I'll be breaking out my "It doesn't matter how many crunches you do you still can't spot reduce your belly" shortly as we get closer to beach season.
  • ChriJMitch
    ChriJMitch Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I sadly work out there....The only other gym near my new place was Lifetime Fitne$$$$$$ and I just can't justify $80 a month right now.

I have only heard the alarm once at my gym, and it was for a legit douche guy that was throwing weights around, so I guess I got lucky. It does suck that I can't do most of my normal compound lifts at this gym (I go to a buddy's gym as a guest for days I want to "test" where I am at). I would say that I occasionally grunt on a hard set, and I def wear cutoff shirts and tanks, and I haven't had any problems. I also live in an area that caters to people under the 35 y/o mark, so maybe that helps, idk.

And I def get a good laugh at the people talking on their phones while on a treadmill or the girls with their 1lbs pink dumbells doing chest flys........oy vey. DO WORK! If you can hold a conversation during your workout, you ain't doin it right.