Has your shoe size changed after your weight loss?

Options
I am curious to know after losing all your weight if your shoe size has changed.
I know some people's shoe sizes don't change, but I know some people's do.
Please share your before and after shoe sizes, or let me know if there was no change!
I am an 8-8.5 WIDE and dream of wearing NORMAL (non-wide) shoe sizes!!!

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    My feet shrunk 1.5 sizes and went from wide width to normal. I had to get rid of all of my old footwear, but it's so wonderful to have more options!
  • bjfxo
    bjfxo Posts: 1
    Options
    I didn't think it was possible.. There's more motivation for me, just incase it works! ;)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have never worn wide shoes and have always had a pretty small foot for my height/weight, in my opinion...size 7-8 depending on the shoe, and I am 5'8". But I have noticed now after losing over 100 lb I NEED a 7 or 7.5 and my size 8 shoes have mostly been donated because they were too big. Especially ballet flats. They were rubbing in weird ways on my feet but didn't when I was heavier.

I've always gotten 7 in sandals because I have short toes. I just bought a pair of new athletic shoes the other day and they are 7.5. In the past sneakers were one type of shoe that I always got size 8. So I guess maybe now I'm a 7-7.5 for sure.

ETA: with weight loss and barefoot running to develop his arches, my husband went from being flat footed and wearing a size 15W and only being able to fit shoes from the big/tall men's store to being a size 12W.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Shoes are a huge challenge for me. When I was fat I wore a size 10 regular width, even then many shoes were sloppy on me. Now that I am slender, I still wear a 10, but now I need a AA width. No stores carry that size. I step out of regular width. I have to special order shoes now. Ugh!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I am down half a size from a 9 normal width to 8.5.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    8-8.5 wide... Now 7 reg which was mi size when I was in normal range weight :)
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am down from a 9 1/2 wide - to a new pair of heels that I just bought at a size 8 1/2 Medium that fit perfectly. I only tried on the 8 1/2 because they didn't have any 9's ... so I was really surprised ...

I knew my sneakers were getting too loose and I had bought a 9 in those that I had to return as they were too big and get the 8 1/2s, but it didn't sink in fully until the new heels because they were real shoes :)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I only lost 8.5 lbs! My favorite jeans got too baggy and my huge a** feet (11 woman) got narrower! Do you know how hard it is to find 11 narrow! *Whiiiineee* I just thought I'd throw a mini tantrum there. Sorry.
  • AJ_Muffin
    AJ_Muffin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was always an 8-8.5 before having kids and putting weight on. Pregnancy makes your feet bigger, with my first kid I put on one whole shoe size, second almost one. I was 9.5-10. I have now lost 40lbs and am back down to 8.5 again. It's great cos I love buying new shoes :D
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    yep, used to wear 10, 10.5 women shoes, now I can wear 9's! So I dropped a full shoe size. :smile:
  • FitFunLosAngeles
    FitFunLosAngeles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback!!
    I am happy to know there is hope for me to start shopping for 8 mediums someday!!
    Here's to shoe shopping after weight loss, for better or worse!
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Sure has! Used to be an 8 and now it's more often 7.5 and sometimes a 7 depending on the make.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I was a tight 8, and now I'm a 7.5 narrow.
  • JakeNJ95
    JakeNJ95 Posts: 54
    Options
    Used to wear a size Thirteen mens wide and my foot would tear through the sides of my athletic shoes from running and working out, now I wear a size 11.5-12 and I can comfortably wear Converses.
  • Preed1013
    Preed1013 Posts: 11
    Options
    I was really surprised when I lost 60lbs I also lost an entire shoe size, I had never heard of people feet shrinking before.
  • robabob3
    robabob3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't realise this was a thing. All my shoes are starting to hurt my feet in various ways now though, they where fine when i started. Perhaps I should go get it checked out. I'm only halfway there though kind of a pain.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You know, oddly enough mine haven't changed. Everyone tells me they will but I've lost over 75 lbs and they haven't. I've always had kind of boney feet, even at my heaviest.
  • belanna5
    belanna5 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes! A size and half.
    I love shoes and now I have a lot of shoes I can't wear but I'm not sad about it. New shoes and less weight. Win/win.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    wow this is interesting! width makes total sense but i didnt think the actual size could change.. :)
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    depending on the style of shoe i used to be anywhere from a 7.5 to a 9....now all the lovely size 9 heels i had are too big. more like an 8 at the top end now.