Has your shoe size changed after your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Down from an 8.5 to an 8 in sneakers, and 8 to 7-7.5 in dress shoes/sandals. :laugh:
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I never heard of this before but it makes sense. I think it depends on the person and their weight distribution. How much weight are they losing? And how much weight is in their feet?
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Yup, one size smaller.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I used to wear a 6,5 or tight 6, now I'm a 5 or 5,5... makes shoe shopping sooooo much harder sigh. But yeah, they shrink, and so does ur hands/fingers/wrist. Cant wear any of my jewelry anymore lol
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yep, gone down a size - who knew?? LOL :laugh:
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    My shoe size went up about a half size over the course of my weight gain and back down with the weight loss. I don't need to buy wide or extended calf (boots) sizes anymore.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I used to wear a 7 regular -

Now I"m a 6.5 narrow................

Kinda sucks cause I have a lot of shoes now that don't fit right - especially ballet flats.................

Guess I'll try those inserts you can use.........maybe they will help.....................
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No, they are just not as fat.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yuppers, size 9/10 to an 8/9
  • WendyZ82
    WendyZ82 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep! I have been a size 9 for as far back as I can remember but the last pair of running shoes I bought was size 8.5 and my old shoes have become quite loose.
  • EllenTebbits
    EllenTebbits Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm technically a 9WW but I always buy 10 regular because a) I don't like saying "double wide" and b) it's hard to find 9ww.

I had about 30 pairs of 9-9.5 regular width shoes that I got rid of right before I started with MFP.

I will probably be kicking myself when I get to goal because I know my feet will drop a size. Or at least, they did the last time I lost a significant amount of weight.
  • EllenTebbits
    EllenTebbits Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A note to MFPers who are looking for high quality inserts that don't make your feet sweat:

Hafpad.com is a website that sells 100% wool inserts for a variety of issues: arch support, metatarsal problems, bunions, etc.

I highly recommend them. They products last the life of the shoe (no synthetic foam to get compressed) and stick into the shoe so they don't shift.

As someone with long-term plantar fasciitis, I can definitely recommend their products.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Nope, exact same size. I never had wide feet though.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I went from a 9W to an 8-8 1/2!!
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I actually went down a whole shoe size after losing weight.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If you have high arches, then carrying around extra weight causes them to collapse. Losing the weight relieves the pressure, and the arch is restored... most of the time.

Flat-footed people are screwed.
  • Meliikinz
    Meliikinz Posts: 66
    Options
    Before I was heavy I wore a 5. Before I started my weight loss I was 6 1/2 Wide.
    And At the moment down to a Normal 6 :]
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes! I went from a 7.5 verging on wide, to a 7.0 medium. Totally unexpected and now I have many pairs of shoes that don't fit.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    If you have high arches, then carrying around extra weight causes them to collapse. Losing the weight relieves the pressure, and the arch is restored... most of the time.

Flat-footed people are screwed.

I had high arches even at 300 lb. And I was over 220 lb for like 22 years...I guess I am just lucky mine did not collapse :-)