Has your shoe size changed after your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• FitFunLosAngeles
    FitFunLosAngeles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased to see this has struck a chord with so many of you! Glad I posted my curiosity.
    Seems like anything from no change to two sizes smaller is possible. I am hoping that losing weight will end up giving me a desirable "side effect" of getting me out of the wide sizes at least!
    Best to all of you and GOOD LUCK!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Nope. My feet have always been "bony" without fat. No change in size.
  • MrsCZM138
    MrsCZM138 Posts: 116
    Options
    Yes. So annoying. I've been an 8.5 all my adult life and now all my shoes slide up and down on my heel. I just bought a new pair of 7.5s.

:sad: I love all my old heels.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    OMG!!:ohwell: I hope this doesn't happen to me! I'm a size 5 (their loose) in women or a size 3-4 in girls depending how their made. The size 5 is so hard to find but if I just shop in the kids department my shoes look silly at work. If my feet shrink then I wont have a adult option anymore. :frown: yup, that wont be good! Lol, my husband already teases that I look like I'm a participant of foot binding. :laugh:
  • buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, didn't know this was even possible! I'm a womens size 11, so here's to hoping that my shoe size drops on this journey - size 11's are often very hard to find!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Yep - I always used to be a 7.5 Australian then went up to an 8.5 over the years. I was complaining to the shop assistant and he said as you get older and gain weight your feet do get bigger (I knew him well and he was very tactful about it). When I lost weight I came down from an 8.5 to an 8 - and not long before I had bought half a dozen pairs of really comfy shoes .... which have now gone to the charity shops woohoo :laugh:
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    My shoes went down two sizes, from 9 to 7. Definitely a plus!
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was a 9.5-10 now I'm a 8.5-9
    I'm glad to see this post as I was wondering the same thing.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I lost a size too. Total shock when I went shopping!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I am not done yet, but I have gone down half a size, from 8 to 7.5. Although I could be 7.5 in some shoes if they were wide, I have been 8 in sneakers for years, now I am 7.5. My shoe size up to about age 35 was a 7, so maybe I will go back to that, still not done losing yet.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    OMG!!:ohwell: I hope this doesn't happen to me! I'm a size 5 (their loose) in women or a size 3-4 in girls depending how their made. The size 5 is so hard to find but if I just shop in the kids department my shoes look silly at work. If my feet shrink then I wont have a adult option anymore. :frown: yup, that wont be good! Lol, my husband already teases that I look like I'm a participant of foot binding. :laugh:
    I was going to say if you lived in Japan you would not have a problem finding shoes. :)
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 7 to a 6 and down to a normal width. All my shoes have had to go, expensive, but I was more excited by this than reaching some weight loss goals, I don't have fat feet anymore :smile:
  • clairelizzy1972
    clairelizzy1972 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of such a thing. I wear a 12 ladies (yes, I typed 12). I would love to have smaller feet but I just don't think it's possible. I've worn this size since I was 12. (yes, 12 years old).

:)
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    I did. I was a size 15 EE and now im a 13 regular. I mean it was odd.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I saw this thread several days ago and it got me thinking. . . even though I have only lost 10 lbs, I think my feet have shrunk slightly. I've always had really small feet-- anywhere from 5.5-6.5 depending on the type of shoe and manufacturer-- but I am finding that my 6.5's and even some of the 6's are all too big. It's so annoying-- I have a lot of nice shoes that aren't worn out yet. A few of the shoes I bought that sort of fit/were on the edge of too big last year are now definitely too big. And the ones that fit nicely have too much room now. I already have to buy new pants and new dresses-- I don't want to have to spend more $$$ on new shoes! But it seems my feet have shrunk a little less than 1/2 a size.
  • irleshay
    irleshay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Before my weight loss I was an 8 wide, and now I'm 24 pounds lower and a 7 wide. I also bought "wide shaft" knee-high boots that I used to have trouble zipping up, but now I can stick a whole hand in there with my calf. My bra size has changed twice, and my ring size changed.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I think i've gone down a shoe size
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I just discovered today, my shoe size dropped from 10 1/2 to size 9, Im very surprised, I didnt think there is much fat on your feet to lose.
  • Gehadb
    Gehadb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ETA: with weight loss and barefoot running to develop his arches, my husband went from being flat footed and wearing a size 15W and only being able to fit shoes from the big/tall men's store to being a size 12W.

He is still flat footed though correct?

If he has arches now, consider my mind blown.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Mine have gone down a half size so far. I've been wearing the same size shoe for years and when I purchased new shoes they were way too big. Oh the joys of shopping for smaller wardrobes and shoe-wear. :bigsmile: