Paleo.

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    LOL everyone who says they are paleo says they are not "strictly" paleo. which is funny b/c it is never clearly defined and so thus no one is strictly paleo, and so thus its not even really a thing, and so why "paleo", why not..." I eat this that and the other and not thems these and those and thats how I lose weight." Why call it paleo?

because….
    88418-Ice-T-magic-gif-Jimmy-Fallon-t-zpYx_zpse5423be8.gif

Do you only have one gif?
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    DYEL
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I hope that sigh wasn't directed at my response.

You use "count" in present tense where I bolded.

Therefore, I could only assume that you presently count calories.
    Now you are saying that you don't.

I'm not even being unkind here; I simply can not possibly be expected to understand what you mean by the things you say here, as every statement contradicts the previous.

Is it really that hard to understand what she meant? She's saying that she naturally eats less with her current restrictive diet, almost certainly due to the satiating foods she's eating. She's also saying that she found it difficult to hit her restricted caloric target when she was not avoiding particular foods/types of foods. You're acting like she's speaking a foreign language when her point seems relatively clear to me. Her experience also lines up with that of other people who have followed "restrictive" diets and find they can lose weight simply due to the satiating nature of their diet.

She understands... she is clearly getting off on arguing a point that has been beat to death.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Not to change the subject, but I would like to thank paleo for introducing me to Kerrygold butter. Any plain old butter is delicious, but Kerrygold takes it to a whole other level (and has nearly ruined other inferior butters for me).

^^^Yep :)
  • jancie84
    jancie84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have some paleo cookbooks and such, and some of the recipes are really good!!! I don't follow that lifestyle as it's too strict for me to do on a day to day basis. I've known people to have great success with the Whole30! For Paleo, you're eating meats, veggies, fruits. No dairy, no grains, no alcohol (for the most part). It's hard. I was vegan for awhile....and that was tough too but you were able to have grains/legumes. Vegan- no dairy or meat.

It's just whatever works for you. I don't eat a lot of meat....and when I do I try to make it a turkey burger, chicken, etc. No much red meat. I try to eat more veggies and also fruits, limiting the amount of simple/white carbs.
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    So decided to try it for a month.

I am on day one. Bailed after 2 hours and got an egg sandwich and can of coke. Lol
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I am on day one. Bailed after 2 hours and got an egg sandwich and can of coke. Lol

Congratulations! I think that's a record! :smile:
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

You are naughty.

I'm sure you bailed from it before you even posted the topic. tut, tut!
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

You are naughty.

How did you guess?! ... I now have chocolate
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

You are naughty.

How did you guess?! ... I now have chocolate

:smile: - good for you (so do I - I have mine with a nice glass of red).