I can help

Options

Replies

• _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    No one needs to whip out their experience or credentials but it sure would be helpful and well not hypocritical to do so when making fun of someone offering help based on little experience. Isn't that what everyone is making fun of? Just wondering what cool credentials are lurking behind the judgment is all. :-)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I have spent the last couple months really digging into fitness and nutrition. I am pursuing my dream and becoming a personal trainer. I would like to open the opportunity for anyone new or a long time member of MFP to please message me with and questions or concerns you may have about general fitness and nutrition. We can work on these together. We will be bother bettering yourself and bettering myself.

If you have questions please feel free to ask :)
    I am more then happy to share all the knowledge I have learned over the past few months!

I have a question - if I do sit ups while eating a cheeseburger, does the calorie burn cancel out the consumption of the cheeseburger? Please advise.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n1d5ctHPTR1smq5y5o1_250.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    No one needs to whip out their experience or credentials but it sure would be helpful and well not hypocritical to do so when making fun of someone offering help based on little experience. Isn't that what everyone is making fun of? Just wondering what cool credentials are lurking behind the judgment is all. :-)

She's created multiple threads about this today, and anyone else find it funny she won't answer or give advice in the forum?

1307232360516825.gif
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I only have one question.

I have spent the last couple months really digging into fitness and nutrition. I am pursuing my dream and becoming a personal trainer. I would like to open the opportunity for anyone new or a long time member of MFP to please message me with and questions or concerns you may have about general fitness and nutrition. We can work on these together. We will be bother bettering yourself and bettering myself.

If you have questions please feel free to ask :)
    I am more then happy to share all the knowledge I have learned over the past few months!

WTF does that mean? It sounds like a euphemism for a happy ending
    In for happy endings!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have a serious question for the OP only. I'm a competitive bodybuilder that is currently in my offseason. I am trying to gain lean mass. I have started a hypertrophy meso cycle.

How long should I stay on a meso cycle?
    How much over my TDEE should I be eating?
    How many pounds of lean mass and how many pounds of fat mass can I expect to gain?
    What type of split is best for growth?
    How often should I work my deltoids if I need them to grow?
    What supplements are vital for me if I need to add lean mass?

Thank you!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

She's created multiple threads about this today, and anyone else find it funny she won't answer or give advice in the forum? Only wants PM...sounds like someone's trying to make some $...Just my thoughts...

1307232360516825.gif

Maybe just a hook for her webcam business? NTTAWWT.
  • _Lovely77_
    Options

She's created multiple threads about this today, and anyone else find it funny she won't answer or give advice in the forum? Only wants PM...sounds like someone's trying to make some $...Just my thoughts...

1307232360516825.gif

This I can understand, but this info wasn't offered either until now. So why be a bully and rather just say what you just said. That is helpful to others. But it also seemed as if she is just trying to build her FL and what better way to do so than post on a fitness forum? We won't know until we ask, right?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Willing to share what you've learned over the last two months, eh? This thread is gonna go well

RXE37Do.jpg

Well, the last one went so well: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1254858-i-can-help

Wait.

This is a reboot thread???
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    OP I think it's awesome you're so willing to help, yes it is true that a few short months doesn't mean you're an expert and unlike many in this thread it was obvious to me you didn't claim to be an expert. Ignore them. Everyone here acts like experts, even those busting your balls on this thread are claiming to know more than you. But, time and experience on their OWN personal journey does not equal expert, no one has shown credentials which is what's comical about them busting on you. The only person who can claim to be an expert or experienced is a certified trainer, nutritionists oh and of course, your physician. None of which I have seen proclaimed here on this thread. The Internet is full of hypocrites and self proclaimed experts and we all know if you take advice from anyone because they said it worked for them, not that they are credentialed and had many clients with different body types, health issues etc. That you ALWAYS consult your physician (a real expert) prior to taking on any new diet or workout program.

So, keep doing you sweetie, keep being helpful and ignore those who have nothing better to do in between their gym sessions than to be a jerk to someone who is ON A FITNESS SITE TRYING TO HELP OTHERS AND GET HELP IN RETURN. You know, sort of why they are here in the first place. Lol oh the hypocrisy is strong today.
    The OP doesn't have any credentials, either, just a claim to be learning about it. That makes her different how? Oh, and I believe we've had a couple certified trainers in this thread.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

She's created multiple threads about this today, and anyone else find it funny she won't answer or give advice in the forum?

1307232360516825.gif

In for the dancing darkside.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

i was clear. i put that i feel my AGE and EXPERIENCE makes me too qualified to accept advice from someone for MYSELF as that's who she's offering to, from someone with merely months of online research experience and the like.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

1307232360516825.gif

brb. pulling song back up, just to make sure they are on the same beat.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Willing to share what you've learned over the last two months, eh? This thread is gonna go well

RXE37Do.jpg

Well, the last one went so well: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1254858-i-can-help

Wait.

This is a reboot thread???
    Actually, this is the original, the other one was the reboot.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

1307232360516825.gif

This I can understand, but this info wasn't offered either until now. So why be a bully and rather just say what you just said. That is helpful to others. But it also seemed as if she is just trying to build her FL and what better way to do so than post on a fitness forum? We won't know until we ask, right?

Actually someone posted a link to her other one that didn't go so well...
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

1307232360516825.gif

For you

101198-stormtrooper-twerk-gif-dancing-fjVF.gif
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    OP I think it's awesome you're so willing to help, yes it is true that a few short months doesn't mean you're an expert and unlike many in this thread it was obvious to me you didn't claim to be an expert. Ignore them. Everyone here acts like experts, even those busting your balls on this thread are claiming to know more than you. But, time and experience on their OWN personal journey does not equal expert, no one has shown credentials which is what's comical about them busting on you. The only person who can claim to be an expert or experienced is a certified trainer, nutritionists oh and of course, your physician. None of which I have seen proclaimed here on this thread. The Internet is full of hypocrites and self proclaimed experts and we all know if you take advice from anyone because they said it worked for them, not that they are credentialed and had many clients with different body types, health issues etc. That you ALWAYS consult your physician (a real expert) prior to taking on any new diet or workout program.

So, keep doing you sweetie, keep being helpful and ignore those who have nothing better to do in between their gym sessions than to be a jerk to someone who is ON A FITNESS SITE TRYING TO HELP OTHERS AND GET HELP IN RETURN. You know, sort of why they are here in the first place. Lol oh the hypocrisy is strong today.
    128782761376408095.jpg
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    tumblr_mkldk9z2Dn1s7ilg9o1_400.gif
  • _Lovely77_
    Options

The OP doesn't have any credentials, either, just a claim to be learning about it. That makes her different how? Oh, and I believe we've had a couple certified trainers in this thread.

I just said she wasn't an expert I also said she didn't claim to be. That's the only difference. People claim to be one when they are not. And I'll believe the certifications when I see them. You wouldn't go to an expert and not expect to see their certification posted on their wall in their office, that's the point. If someone is certified they should have to show it. It's helpful to ask as well, you won't believe how many diploma mill certs I have seen on this site.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    tumblr_n1d5ctHPTR1smq5y5o1_250.gif

oh damn this lady totally goes! ...

"it's bad that people get lonely
    ain't nothing new
    but a woman like you baby
    should never have the blues
    lemme help,
    i got two strong memes...wait, what?"
This discussion has been closed.