images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcgEfxepWpwKn4pDhtY85tt_Jp-0HAghhGJ2BMpkGQ-nUc0HTCaQ
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    It doesn't quite look like OP's picture but yes
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    My organization just redid all the cubicle spaces. We now have half wall cubes they like to call "open team enviornment"....where you sit and face your coworker ..who won't shut up and thinks he knows it all....about to build my own wall BACK!!

this is what we have as well and I hate hate hate it.
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    DoctorMcCoy10 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ugh haha I'm set up in a cubicle very open to the rest of the room, so I always have people walking around behind and next to me. It's incredibly distracting and nerve wracking.

Me too! I'm also really close to the mens bathroom and I work at a demolition company with a lot of men. So it gets really unpleasant after lunch especially if they go eat Mexican.:sick:

They also keep it freezing cold all the time. I can't stand being cold so I have a blanket and a jacket at my desk lol!
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    2014officespace4.gif

THIS!! So much THIS.

This is me too! If I didn't like my co-workers and my boss... I might go nuts! But I do get to use MFP and Facebook all day...listen to the radio... eat whenever... Look it could be worse...but dang!! I just wanna complain today! :laugh: :grumble:
  • hospitablegirl
    hospitablegirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I do, but my cubicle is away from everyone annoying, so it's fine. I have my inspirational post-its on the wall, and thankfully, I can eat. No windows though. So I'm counting the moments until I leave.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I've been working in cubicles for past 20 years......

Current one is on the outside wall and has a window, so at least I can see what the real world looks like :)
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Not gonna lie, I'd be driven nuts if I were him too. I doubt I'd be aggressive like that about it, but I certainly get annoyed when co-workers eat particularly nasty smelling food in the workplace.

I save my smelly fish and veggies for my home meals (for the record I love eating these things, but the smell is certainly offensive when it's not your meal).

Agreed. There are two kinds of fish acceptable to eat in the workplace: Pepperidge Farms Goldfish and Swedish Fish.

Mmm... Pepperidge Farm Goldfish.. I know what I'm picking up from the store later.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'd rather work in a cube than in a restaurant. -__-
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    cubicle.jpg

I work with this guy. No joke. Same hair, same glasses, same sketchy mannerisms... All he's missing is the Swingline. Perhaps this Halloween I'll make it happen.

I believe you took his stapler...
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Sitting in one right now, but my department is far from everyone and was built with expansion in mind so I'm in my own corner with a window and the nearest cubicles are empty.... which makes it better for the days when I have broccolli for lunch :wink:
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't technically have a cubicle. But I work completely alone in a room that is temp. controlled because of the artifacts (I work at a museum). So I'm cold all the time. And there are no windows anywhere. And no people. No people sounds nice until you've lived it for 5 years.. Also, no food and no drinks allowed at my desk, not even water.

god help me.

So many horror movies going through my mind right now...........lol
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    No cubicle for me. I am on the move from the moment I get to work until the moment I leave. I never sit down.

That is what I am working towards. Elementary School Teacher always on the go.
  • Elvirka_xoxo
    Elvirka_xoxo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I work in cubicle but they are pretty spacious for what a cubicle is supposed to be. But I do have a HORRIBLE
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My organization just redid all the cubicle spaces. We now have half wall cubes they like to call "open team enviornment"....where you sit and face your coworker ..who won't shut up and thinks he knows it all....about to build my own wall BACK!!

this is what we have as well and I hate hate hate it.

They moved my old team to that. I got a promotion last year and got a cubicle back. Open environment is *so* much worse! (Nosy effers)
  • Elvirka_xoxo
    Elvirka_xoxo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I work in cubicle but they are pretty spacious for what a cubicle is supposed to be. But I do have a HORRIBLE coworker that works next to me and I just want to choke her every single day. Specially when her 400-pound self is clipping nails *gag*
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Agreed. There are two kinds of fish acceptable to eat in the workplace: Pepperidge Farms Goldfish and Swedish Fish.

I sit in an office across from the breakroom, I'm so going to make this a sign and hang it up!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Today I played on MFP, finished my budget for what bills I need to pay, paid two bills, wrote my grocery list, and did some Sodoku.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    2j3P7nU.jpg
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    cheer-up.jpg