PLEASE REPORT THIS!!!!!!!!

jdad1
jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
I am asking that every single person report the spam on our folders. MFP needs to get a moderator on nights to block this crap. Just click on the recent posts or the General Diet and Weight Loss tab and you will find over 20 posts from deendayal380. All spam.

Please report these. If we all do it a few times then MFP will hopefully get the hint that a night moderator would help this problem.

Respectfully,
jdad1

P.S. I would be willing to do this. I work nights and can surf these threads often. I know i am not really moderator meterial but if i was only asked to delete spam threads i am sure MFP could trust me with that.

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    There are 6 different spambots active at the moment with over 100 posts between them clogging up everything. :mad:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    one forum I used to post on had specific moderators with limited powers that just worked to clean up the spam. They didn't do any actual moderating, they just deleted spam posts.
  • jdad1
    I know........and they can just make a bunch of accounts so there hard to deal with. However if i could just delete them as they come up i would. Seriosly, go to the introduce yourself forum or just the recent posts and there are like 40 different spam threads.

What i hate the most is that the spammers get away with it at night because there are no moderators!!!
    I volunteer to delete these threads if you can't find anyone else. They are annoying as heck!!!
  • jdad1
    one forum I used to post on had specific moderators with limited powers that just worked to clean up the spam. They didn't do any actual moderating, they just deleted spam posts.

Well if that is possible then i volunteer. I work night five days a week. Just give 2 or 3 people the ability to delete these spam threads and it would really help.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    The spammers are getting out of control. This place resembles some unmoderated Yahoo board.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Mad for the job,
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    If I could be given the ability to delete the spambot posts, I would gladly do it.

I don't want full moderator responsibilities; that's too much like trying to referee a fight between 2 sharks that both have a toothache.
  • jdad1
    If I could be given the ability to delete the spambot posts, I would gladly do it.

I don't want full moderator responsibilities; that's too much like trying to referee a fight between 2 sharks that both have a toothache.

Being a moderator would annoy me i think. Soooooo......MFP.......Thomasm198 and i have voluntered to shut up the Spam crap. I am sure there are some better qualified out there as well. Whatever, just find a way to end the bombardment of spam nearly every night. Ughhhhhhhh
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member

^^^^ I would do spam modding only.............. yeah lol @ refereeing fights....!! ain't got no time for that!!
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    This has been going on for weeks. It's annoying and bout time you finally do something it, MFP? :huh:
  • jdad1
    Wow, looks like they are actually doing something about it as we speak. Since it has been happening almost every night for a long while i can only assume that they got a lot of the spam posts reported.
    So good job reporting the spammers everyone. I know i did like 30 of them.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Good call. It doesn't have to be someone on night shift either. There are plenty of us living in different time zones who could volunteer
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Possibly set up system that if there are 6 reports filed for a single post, that post is automatically removed until reviewed...

If one poster has 3 separate posts sent in for review in 60 days, their post privileges are automatically revoked until reviewed...

If a person falsely reports 6 posts in one month, that account automatically loses all blog privileges until reviewed...

Self policing message board? Thoughts?
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    We're not MFP personal army, the mods are slow perhaps but if everyone posts reports all it'll do is slow the process up.
  • jdad1
    Possibly set up system that if there are 6 reports filed for a single post, that post is automatically removed until reviewed...

If one poster has 3 separate posts sent in for review in 60 days, their post privileges are automatically revoked until reviewed...

If a person falsely reports 6 posts in one month, that account automatically loses all blog privileges until reviewed...

Self policing message board? Thoughts?

Something like that if it's possible.
  • jdad1
    We're not MFP personal army, the mods are slow perhaps but if everyone posts reports all it'll do is slow the process up.

You clearly did not see them tonight. MFP has had these happening to some degree for weeks with no real progress. Tonight they get a lot of "reports" and then things start getting cleaned up within the hour. I would say that your position on the subject has been proven to be incorrect. At least that is how it played out tonght anyway.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    I am asking that every single person report the spam on our folders. MFP needs to get a moderator on nights to block this crap. Just click on the recent posts or the General Diet and Weight Loss tab and you will find over 20 posts from deendayal380. All spam.

Please report these. If we all do it a few times then MFP will hopefully get the hint that a night moderator would help this problem.

Respectfully,
    jdad1
    Thanks for putting this request out there. The bots are out of control today. The worst I've seen since I joined MFP in December 2013.
  • jdad1

Respectfully,
    jdad1
    Thanks for putting this request out there. The bots are out of control today. The worst I've seen since I joined MFP in December 2013.

Yes, it got real bad. Bad enough to annoy me and that is not easy to do.
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Thank you for the post,
    There are mods on this side of the earth, active when it's night in the US, but the majority of us are regional mods, which means we look at our own language board (which also means we only seethe reports made on our own boards).

This morning i deleted approx 200 threads and i am keeping an eye on the english board, if you ever need assistance when it's night over the us you can send me (or any other non american mod if you know any) a PM, that way you're sure i'll get to see your report (if i am online) eventho i am not watching the english board at that moment.
  • jdad1
    Thank you for the post,
    There are mods on this side of the earth, active when it's night in the US, but the majority of us are regional mods, which means we look at our own language board (which also means we only seethe reports made on our own boards).

This morning i deleted approx 200 threads and i am keeping an eye on the english board, if you ever need assistance when it's night over the us you can send me (or any other non american mod if you know any) a PM, that way you're sure i'll get to see your report (if i am online) eventho i am not watching the english board at that moment.

Thank you very much and i am sure we will take you up on the offer. Is there any Mods that are over here watching our boards during night hours i could also message?