Why did I gain a pound back if I didn't even eat!

Options
Hi my name is kimberly, I started Phentermine on April 2, 2014. I've lost a total of 18.6 Lbs as of yesterday April 17, 2014. I got up this morning to weight myself and it said I gained 1.6 Lbs. I eat dinner everyday and drinks tons of water. Yesterday for dinner I had beef broth. I find it very hard to eat because I have no appetite. I only eat once a day because I have to. I haven't had a bowel movement in over two weeks but I did take laxatives to help me go, but it was just water. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is kimberly, I started Phentermine on April 2, 2014. I've lost a total of 18.6 Lbs as of yesterday April 17, 2014. I got up this morning to weight myself and it said I gained 1.6 Lbs. I eat dinner everyday and drinks tons of water. Yesterday for dinner I had beef broth. I find it very hard to eat because I have no appetite. I only eat once a day because I have to. I haven't had a bowel movement in over two weeks but I did take laxatives to help me go, but it was just water. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Lost 18 lbs in 15 days? How many calories per day are you eating? For dinner you had "broth"? Did this medication come with a diet plan? and are you following that diet plan? Honestly, I'd take all this info to whatever doctor prescribed this to you, since we cannot give you medical advice.

In general, though, you should probably eat. Weightloss is hardly ever linear.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Advice yah get off the phen. Holy wow...
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    you havent had a bowel movement in two weeks??? how much fibre is actually in your diet??

how much fruit, veg and protein are you eating?

Laxatives are no good!!!

Start eating properly above your bmr and I am sure your bum will thank you for it : )
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Get off phen, eat food, see your doctor.

That is all.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Your doctor would have had to prescribe phentermine. What does he/she say about all this? I would rely more on that answer than any answer you get here.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-path-of-success-631437

Also, get off the meds. You will gain it all back after you come off of it.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Why on earth did you start another thread????
    People were advising you beautifully on the first thread you started just a little while ago.
    Stop the meds and start eating-simple as that!!!!!
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I feel like you should be more concerned about not eating and not having any bowel movements than the one pound gain. Just sayin'.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This is really concerning. Why are you only eating one meal a day? You do realize that you can not get enough macro or micronutrients. Very fast weight loss will lead to a lot of muscle loss, which is the requirement for a lean and tight body. I would speak with your doctor.
  • lynnkieu
    lynnkieu Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You eat once a day and when you do, it's beef broth? And you haven't had a bowel movement in two weeks? That is no good. You are hurting your body. Please go see your doctor and tell them what you are doing. They can advise you better than an internet forum.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    OP posted this same thing three times in different forums with different titles.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Why on earth did you start another thread????
    People were advising you beautifully on the first thread you started just a little while ago.
    Stop the meds and start eating-simple as that!!!!!

^^This -- one thread was plenty. Don't like the answers in the first thread? Time to re-evaluate your practices.
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Okay, don't go badgering me too, but I have also been taking phen. HOWEVER, I am also EATING and WORKING OUT at least 5 times a week. I have not lost as much weight as OP but that's probably because I'm not starving myself. I think if used correctly (as an appetite suppressant like it is perscribed), it can be a great TOOL, but it is definitely NOT a "quick fix". It has helped me keep from over eating and feeling the urge to snack all the time, and my weight has fluctuated while taking it. Sorry to say this but OP, you've got this all wrong. Taking phen is NOT the problem, but the lack of eating and other issues, such as your approach to weight loss, most definitely IS. Please talk to your doc.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Seriously... wtf.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    She probably forgot she posted the others because her brain is starving to death.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I feel like you should be more concerned about not eating and not having any bowel movements than the one pound gain. Just sayin'.

^^ totally!! I would be concerned if you were PROUD of your progress overall?!? And ur doctor should reconsider their practice bc meds for only being 180s? Totally not appropriate!!
  • Tufeek61
    Tufeek61 Posts: 4
    Options
    This is not healthy, you need to see your doctor. You need to eat in order to lose weight.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • runnergirl0419
    runnergirl0419 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Please do not use the laxatives... I have had a laxative issue for 5 years and it has not done me any good. As for the "one pound" you put on, it is definitely a mixture of water retention and/or sodium retention because you have not been fueling your body with anything else. The best thing to do would be to continue to drink a huge amount of water to flush out any toxins and to eat a few fiber-rich meals today to get your bowel system moving.