Day 1 of no bagel or cookies

Options

Replies

• Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    If I wanted a pretzel, I'd eat a pretzel. We're talking bagels here not pretzels.
    I've had both bagels and pretzels, I understand the distinction.

Covrigi are closer to bagels when it comes to the dough but puffier (except Buzau ones) and not sweet.
    Bagels are okay too, toasted and with butter. Cream cheese... meh.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    The Pretzel Bagel!!!!!

Pretzel_New_Tastes(1).png
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Tops bagels and pretzels (and pretzel bagels).

DSCF5680.JPG
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Someone's delusional ^^^

lmao.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Maybe develop recipes or explore other restaurants this 10 days so you are ready for next year. Of course they would need to be really delicious to compete. My favorite recommendation is Farinata. Buy a 10" cast iron skillet and make a Farinata, I don't eat wheat bread anymore except oddly enough once during Lent. A lady at church makes traditional Lenten lye soaked pretzels and obatzda. Maybe if you baked a large pretzel in the morning it would be a decent substitute. Oops, saw the other post. Forget pretzels, good luck. Cold turkey is harsh
  • kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I clearly have never experience the goodness/deliciousness of a true bagel! I feel as though I need to come to NY and experience this Jewish bakery bagel! Either that or someone can recommend the best place to get one in Ontario!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Someone's delusional ^^^

Einstein bagels has them- I don't like them. bleck.
  • Sonicz90x
    Sonicz90x Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We're all gonna make it brah.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize just how lucky I was that my favorite bagel place stays open over passover. (They have non-jewish staff who keep it open during holidays).

Imma get me some bagels tomorrow.
    And that my friend is why babies and puppies hate you.

sorry, what's that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of me chewing on a fresh bagel
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    You could always make your own bagels?

bagels.jpg
  • teezalittle
    Options
    Ive been 3 mos without bagels or cookies or bread for that matter.. eating protien first curbs it for me. Good luck.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I was unaware today was bagel day- I wasn't mentally prepared for this... but I can't be bothered steak beats out bagels any day of the week and I'm pretty excited about my dinner.
    20140416_093530_zpsa65244ee.jpg
This discussion has been closed.