any 40 plus want to travel this journey with me?

Options

Replies

• KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I, too, am starting the journey all over again.
  • dent5499
    dent5499 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and need to get back on the bus!! Pls feel free to add me.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    44 here and feel free to add me. Try to stay fit and healthy as I get older and need all the support I can get.
  • tmcgilli2002
    tmcgilli2002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    40 here and trying to get back in shape after having 2 little ones! Will send you a request!
  • DEPick
    DEPick Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    A little over the average at 50, but hope you won't hold it against me. I log every day, have an open (and extremely boring) diary and would much appreciate some MFP friends. thanks!
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    I'm 45, and 46 is creeping up on me faster than I would like. 17 pounds down, 33-ish to go.

Add me!
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am almost 40. I log everyday and would be happy to join you in this journey!!
  • coco_logan
    Options
    I'm 43 and have been struggling for years. I've realized that I really can't do this alone. Looking for support and I'll be your cheerleader too! Feel free to add me... Cheers!
  • 709sherry
    709sherry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just turned 41 and I have 30 lbs to lose. I have been on MFP off and on for a few years and have found it is the best way to lose weight. I am not horribly uncomfortable about the current "me" and so I am not super, super strict but more health focused. I do know that I would feel better if I lost the weight instead of trying to hide that muffin top.

I use both tracking eating and exercise and I have always maintained good cardio fitness, even with the lbs on (hey, I love to eat).

Would like to make connections with females around my age. I live in Canada.
  • wanderlustre72
    wanderlustre72 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi patty!

I'm up for that! I love your photo as I have two spaniels too - beautiful

Oh and I'm 41 so definitely one of the 40s gang!

Happy for other folks to add me too

Cx
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi, just turned 40. Would love some friends for supporting and being supported.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 myself! I'd love to be apart of this group. Just started my weightloss journey in March! Feel free to add me!
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, log daily and have an open diary. Feel free to add me.
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi! 43 here, and I am on here every day, anyone can add me, I will support you! Being healthy feels so good!! :)
  • DG295
    DG295 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am going to be 45 in June and just joined this about a month ago. Would love to join other 40-somethings on this journey! Feel free to add me!
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey there-I'm James (43). I was using myfitnesspal for a while with good results. Kind of fell off the wagon for the last month or so, but I'm back today trying to get started again.

Feel free to add me if you're still looking for folks to connect with, and that goes for anyone else as well. I could use the help as well. And I love being there to help support and cheer folks on.
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all I'm 42 and just starting MFP, I'd love to talk and get to know more people my age. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • sgrmag99
    sgrmag99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    45 soon to be 46 and I too, was looking for friends to commiserate with…. there's so much to talk about at this age!! I've felt so crazy alone in my struggles lately, and found some new friends here, and am grateful to know I'm not alone. Add me if you like I'm struggling just to log my food lately but know that in time I'll get back on the exercise horse full time.
  • sgrmag99
    sgrmag99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I will be 44 on Thursday :D

I loved being 44, its the numbers after that which are bugging me
  • happymomma454
    happymomma454 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hello- I am 52 and my goal is to lose 72 lbs, then maintain that weight thereafter. I am just starting my journey and welcome support and ideas. I was really excited that I lost 2 lbs last week, but then I put it back on over the weekend... :( . So, I am back at it plugging along. While I have made some fairly significant changes to what / when I eat, (thanks to being able to keep track of it on here and even plan menus ahead of time to balance calories on a daily basis) I am backing off of other things (sugar mostly) a bit slower so that my body has a chance to adjust and not go into shock... I know that I need to exercise, and am working up the motivation to get started. My husband and I keep saying we will start walking every day but we haven't yet...

Does anyone take supplements to help with the weight loss? If so, what, and how well have they worked? What side effects, if any, have you had?

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I am not sure how to do that. Thanks.