any 40 plus want to travel this journey with me?

Options

Replies

• Roxie_64
    Roxie_64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I do.I used this site and lost 30lbs but blew it and gained back. Just dusted it off today. I'll send you a FR
  • Roxie_64
    Roxie_64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have sent some of you commenting friend requests,but I have to get off of here for now..Please send me requests..I just turned 50 and need support by my peers! Thanks!
  • TrishaBoo92
    Options
    Hi Patty! I'm getting your names Patricia?! Mine is too! People call me Trisha or Trish though. I'm trying to lose 45 pounds. I have that awful B shaped belly :( my stomach is basically in two!! I'm also 5'4. I'm ready to actually do this! :)
  • jennex73
    jennex73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 40 and would love to have you add me. I have been on this journey for about 4 years now and have been up and down and up and down enough to drive you insane sometimes. would love to share ideas exercise tips and recipes :) I have a real problem with eating enough and what to eat would love the help.
  • nutty73
    nutty73 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I am 41 and just started, also looking for support please add as friend. Any others also welcome :)
  • billsyts
    billsyts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and interested in utilizing the community element of MFP. Please feel free to send Friend Request or add me to to the group.
  • shefly
    shefly Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm also 49 and have struggled for years with my weight. So it would be nice to go through this journey with someone close to my age. I'll send you a friend request.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    54 & supportive here, please feel free to add me anyone :)
  • Jeffnjo
    Jeffnjo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am 44 years old, would like more friends too :)
  • nomad1966
    nomad1966 Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi Patty... never have to many friends.....:smile: I sent a fr

I'm 48 in Oct
  • carol3412
    carol3412 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm newly 48... would love new friends who are on the same journey. Please, feel free to add me!:wink:
  • ChevyChey
    ChevyChey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im 47. Would also like to have friend in my age group!
  • dinadds
    dinadds Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 51 and getting restarted. Want my 50's to be fabulous. Would love some friends.
  • anadeliacenteno
    anadeliacenteno Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am with you!
  • 709sherry
    709sherry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and need some encouragement... inconsistent, lol.... fee free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Turning_Hopes_to_Habits
    Options
    I just turned 42. I'm on week 3 of getting back on the horse. I joined a long time ago, slipped and stayed slipped, and am now on week 3 of trying to turn things around. I'm feeling good, but am a little hesitant to really jump in since I've failed before. But I remind myself that I quit smoking quite a few times before I quit quitting and just stayed quit, you know? :smile:

This is my first day joining the boards. I do have my diary turned off, but it seems that most people leave theirs open, so I'll probably change that setting.

I'd love to make some friends. I'm a little shy here yet, but once I get acclimated and have a little more time under my belt (ha, ha), you won't be able to shut me up!

I'm really starting off slowly, but the trade-off is that I'm enjoying myself. I'm only aiming for 1 lb. a week for this first month. That's given me a chance to add in healthy foods to substitute for less healthy foods and concentrate on changing WHAT I'm eating and on the discipline of meal planning and cooking from scratch. I've also started walking in the past week and a half and am getting used to that routine. In a little over a week, I'll shoot for two pounds a week, which will cut calories by another 500 per day I imagine.

After only three weeks, I already have more energy and I haven't had an upset stomach once since I started. I get scale-obsessed, so I'm planning on weighing myself once a month. Oddly, it's counterproductive for me to weigh myself every day.

So, that's me. 42 years old, was 268 my first day three weeks ago, and am trying to keep expectations low and concentrate on how good hope feels. At least when we're trying we feel optimistic and hopeful and have something to look forward to. So much better than feeling defeated all the time. So, here I am .... again .... and I'd forgotten how nice it feels to be making progress. Here's to us! :flowerforyou:
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    43 here, always happy to have friends of similar age :)
  • lotte907
    lotte907 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    40 creeping onto 41 in 3 weeks. Brand new to this and need some support. Any suggestions? And how do I do a weight lost ticker?
  • nasrin35
    Options
    Hi I am 40 and want to lose 40lbs...add my to your list of 40 friends
  • nasrin35
    Options
    Hi, I think you can do it on your profile when you click on Edit